Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon (10553 Views)

Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni / Tinubu 2023: We Went For Nigeria's Peace & Unity, Not Politics - Foluke Daramola / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by BruncleZuma: 8:52am On Oct 24, 2018
hucienda:
Reverse psychology. For the rulers to keep repeating this over and over and over again without doing anything to really engender that unity points to the fact that everyone, even any fool, knows there is no unity.

For example, the American union was threatened during the presidency of the first Republican POTUS largely due to slavery. That issue was resolved once and for all after four bloody years and that's why till tomorrow, you wouldn't see any American POTUS come out to say "The USA's Unity is not negotiable!" - because the issues that threatened the union are virtually no longer there.

In the case of Nigeria, the issues that led to that war are unfortunately still around - and till it is resolved once and for all like in America's case, Nigerian rulers will keep on repeating this now hoarse 'not negotiable' line to no end. It just makes no sense because some day, surely, something would eventually give.

They do that...listen to the State of The Union speech by every President.

"The state of our union remains strong"...is a recurring phrase.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by daveson2020(m): 9:05am On Oct 24, 2018
A watery brain old fool, uniting Nigeria by force to please your British slave masters. Why not conduct a referendum and see how it goes before talking rubbish.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by killuminati(m): 9:09am On Oct 24, 2018
grin
Negotiate:

Me
Oya go ahead Mr Negotiator.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by lightwind(m): 9:11am On Oct 24, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Foolish old man yet them dey kill your people like chicken. We say we no wan marry again, na by force?
the matter tire me eh, whenever they heard anything about biafra

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Chukazu: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2018
The most useless NIGERIAN dictator ever.

This guy sat and squandered our Commonwealth for good Nine donkey years . Did absolutely nothing, got booted out and became a prayer warrior , gallivanting about telling everyone to pray for Nigeria lipsrsealed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 24, 2018
Primusinterpares:
Unity not negotiable...
Restructuring is the way
which restructuring?
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by ozodigboo(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2018
Idiot.
Buhari called some people 97% and some people 5%.....in the same Nigeria. and you never talked.
TY Danjuma said the truth to power.
you're a coward.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2018
When I hear Gowon say these things it galls my tommy. It’s like gloating over the injustices pervading the country and a feeling that the most affected are helpless; cannot challenge it. So, these men refused to grow up even with all their experience. Their emotional intelligence is the equivalent of a boy in his teens.

Unity cannot be forced. You cannot force someone to be happy. These are not medieval times. We Igbos are not a conquered people. Nigerians should not take it for granted and feel the status quo will go on. Majority of us are die hard optimists because we see the bigger picture of what Nigeria can become if she is governed based on equal rights, fairness and equity. Sometimes I praise Igbos who are members of APC because despite the feeling of alienation they are still hopeful that Nigeria system will self-correct with time. They are truly patient people and I praise them for that. However, time is running out and I pray we don’t get to a point of no return. The story will not be the same if 90% of Igbo commit to an agitation for total freedom from Nigeria and it is possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by poseidon12: 9:31am On Oct 24, 2018
This clueless fool is talking about so called 'Nigeria's unity'.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Scopes28(m): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2018
I never see mumu zombie like this old man. Your people in plateau are being killed with every passing day and you're there still talking about the unity of Nigeria. Which yeye unity. Has there been unity before now?. Always quick to call for unity just for their selfish gains. The marriage no be by force now. We go soon file for divorce sef. Yeye people.[color=#000099][/color]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by chernest2002: 9:50am On Oct 24, 2018
One of the greatest failure have spoken.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by hamer: 9:54am On Oct 24, 2018
Gowon is under a curse. He's Part of Nigeria's problems

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Arthurity1(m): 9:55am On Oct 24, 2018
If we are talking about Nigeria's unity, Gowon isn't one to talk. He should hide himself in shame because it was thanks to him Nigeria is in this state.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Nobody: 10:05am On Oct 24, 2018
CodeTemplar:
What a waste of taxpayers fund . . .

Why was bakassi allowed to go to Cameroon then? Why hasn't a referendum been done in north east to know if they want to go to Cameroon or Chad or Niger?

That area belongs to Cameroun. It was part of the area Germany gave the British post world war 1 also called Anglophone Cameroun and they controlled that region from Eastern Nigeria during the colonial period.

The evidence is there, read up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by luggy(m): 10:06am On Oct 24, 2018
that cow called gowns is a useless terrorist
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by themanderon: 10:19am On Oct 24, 2018
Just imagine what this old man is saying. I thought they said wisdom comes with age. Unity is nonnegotiable yet you will not advice your fellow dictators to do the the right thing. Everyday your fellow co-travellers do things that deeply divide this country yet you run into your hole and hide your face instead of boldly telling them that they are doing wrong.
Imagine him saying this when his people are being killed like chickens yet he has done nothing about this.
The dictator in power does things anyhow not minding the consequences yet you have the mind to tell us Nigeria's unity comes first even if it means everyone ends up dead. I have always maintained that Nigeria has always been about the elites that won the war but never about the eternally suffering people of this nation. God will judge you all.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by brainhgeek(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2018
WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS IS RESTRUCTURING AND NOT DIVISION.
I DO NOT EXPECT A THINKING CHRISTIAN TO SUPPORT DIVISION. DIVIDING NIGERIA WILL MEAN LEAVING THE NORTHERN CHRISTIANS TO THEIR FATE AS THEY ARE KILLED IN THEIR THOUSANDS. WHOEVER DOES SUCH IS GUILTY OF JESUS' WORDS 'I WAS NAKED, YOU DID NOT CLOTH ME'. CHRISTIANS IN THE SOUTH , EAST AND WEST CAN CRY FOR DIVISION BECAUSE THERE IS A MEASURE OF RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE THERE. KADUNA IS A NORTHERN STATE BUT NOT AN ISLAMIC STATE. THE POPULATION IS SHARED BETWEEN CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS. FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS, THIS NATION MUST REMAIN ONE BUT FOR THE SAKE OF SANITY, RESTRUCTURING IS THE WAY TO GO.
SHALOM

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 24, 2018
brainhgeek:
WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS IS RESTRUCTURING AND NOT DIVISION.
I DO NOT EXPECT A THINKING CHRISTIAN TO SUPPORT DIVISION. DIVIDING NIGERIA WILL MEAN LEAVING THE NORTHERN CHRISTIANS TO THEIR FATE AS THEY ARE KILLED IN THEIR THOUSANDS. WHOEVER DOES SUCH IS GUILTY OF JESUS' WORDS 'I WAS NAKED, YOU DID NOT CLOTH ME'. CHRISTIANS IN THE SOUTH , EAST AND WEST CAN CRY FOR DIVISION BECAUSE THERE IS A MEASURE OF RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE THERE. KADUNA IS A NORTHERN STATE BUT NOT AN ISLAMIC STATE. THE POPULATION IS SHARED BETWEEN CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS. FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CHRISTIAN BROTHERS, THIS NATION MUST REMAIN ONE BUT FOR THE SAKE OF SANITY, RESTRUCTURING IS THE WAY TO GO.
SHALOM

I agree.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by AreaFada2: 10:32am On Oct 24, 2018
In that case Mr Gowon, Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), is also non-negotiable. So much is sure from the killings, bigotry, mutual suspicion, suffering, corruption, hopelessness and impunity of the political class.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by darqly(m): 10:33am On Oct 24, 2018
For a former Head of state, Gowon is really just a weakling of a leader. He's like a broken record, repeating the same garbage year after year, it's annoying that we are paying him presidential pension to continue being a public nuisance. He doesn't champion any cause, doesn't offer any constructive criticism and always plays to the gallery. What sort of leader was he?
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by maisauki: 10:40am On Oct 24, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Foolish old man yet them dey kill your people like chicken. We say we no wan marry again, na by force?
goan prepare for Jack's burial
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by simplesearch: 10:42am On Oct 24, 2018
''Nigeria Unity not negotiable'' this is actually a very annoying statement from our leaders, Many Great Nations and empires have disintegrated with time when their terms of existing together can no longer be defined. Not even Israel and Judah with common spiritual values were prevented from taking that route when the center could no longer hold. If God wills it, there'll be nothing anyone can do to stop it, we can actually disintegrate and still continue to collaborate on key area of interest. Though staying together may be profitable for some reasons If well defined, but to dwell and gallivant on the impossibility of separation is tantamount to saying Nigeria will cease to exist if the FCT is moved from Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Billygee2u: 10:51am On Oct 24, 2018
SweetJoystick:
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by frankfrancis871: 11:17am On Oct 24, 2018
Okay we shall see about, at your age you still don't wanna confess yet you're a 'good' christian. People are dying in north and all you care is Biafra and freedom of the oppressed, gowon and other things come and read and go to hell angry
frankfrancis871:
This is to inform nigerians, Africans and the world that any attempt to insult or wish any harm to Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB and Biafrans on social media WILL BE BRUTALLY RESISTED!
We IPOB supporters has been pushed to the wall, we want peace but since the gullible minds want this we will gladly do so.
You keep displaying your foolishness by hating Biafrans and people are dying here in the north and you are saying nothing. This is a pledge, a promise and a threat!
angry
signed
IPOB, Biafrans and Freedom lovers and supporters

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by baysol: 11:27am On Oct 24, 2018
OrientDailyNews:

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/nigerias-unity-negotiable-gowon/

Says who? The Unity of Nigeria is very much negotiable. The charade that brought what is not compatible together in the first place is erroneous marriage that has lead to many lost lives since independence. Gowan must stop burying his head in the sand and accept the truth, Nigeria cannot work without unnecessary bloodshed. It's either we accept this fact or we continue moving backwards and continue with blood shed. The only feasible solution is a united Nigeria under regional control with each region ruling for 4 years on rotation and a new constitution to control how this must be done, outside this forget,
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by breakeven: 11:37am On Oct 24, 2018
Gowon is still saying this after what is happening to his people. Nigerian leader are hypocrite and are very pretentious about the so called unity of Nigeria. Even when the fact are so glaring that there is no unity in this zoo.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Ojiofor: 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
What did he said about Biafra?
That is the only thing he comment on.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Mysselff2: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2018
Baba Gowon park well abeg

You too follow for pipo wey put Naija for katakata
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by CodeTemplar: 12:50pm On Oct 24, 2018
greyham:

That area belongs to Cameroun. It was part of the area Germany gave the British post world war 1 also called Anglophone Cameroun and they controlled that region from Eastern Nigeria during the colonial period.

The evidence is there, read up
But our unity was suppose to be "nonnegotiable".
Re: Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon by Greatzeus(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2018
Look at children from the tribe that wakes their parents by kicking them, insulting a man greater than all their generations,dead or alive,well I'm not surprised really. Can't you pass your point without insults?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ologbondiyan: Why I Didn’t Adopt Lai Mohammed’s Propaganda Way As PDP Spokesman / Sanwo-Olu: Imota Rice Mill To Start Production First Quarter Next Year / Nasarawa APC Crisis Deepens As Governor Sule Dares Members To Decamp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.