Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni (8678 Views)

Tinubu 2023: We Went For Nigeria's Peace & Unity, Not Politics - Foluke Daramola / Nigeria’s Unity, Not Negotiable - Gowon / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 6:18am On Dec 08, 2021
NIGERIA'S UNITY NOT NEGOTIABLE -Ooni

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has advised descendants of the Yoruba race to ensure that politics, religion, and other biases were not allowed to cause division among them.
This is just as he said the nation’s unity was not negotiable.

Ogunwusi spoke at an event marking his sixth coronation anniversary held in his palace in Ile-Ife, Osun State on Tuesday.

He said, “Our unity is non-negotiable and this is the best time that such irreplaceable virtue is needed the most. We must speak with one voice at all times as we prevent politics, religion or other biases from setting us apart.

“In whatever we do, we must be conscious of the fact that we are being watched by others and we cannot afford to let the world down, especially those looking up to us for leadership.”

Commenting on his experience on the stool in the last six years, Ogunwusi explained that there were moments with challenges, which were eventually defeated through the love and support of his subjects.
Moses Olafare, the Director of Media and Public Affairs, Ooni’s Palace, in a statement obtained in Osogbo, disclosed that earlier on Tuesday, an interdenominational prayer session by the Ife Muslim community, Christian Association of Nigeria and the traditional worshippers was held at the palace.

Source: https://punchng.com/nigerias-unity-not-negotiable-ooni/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by AlexBells(m): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2021
Nigeria's unity had always been negotiable but Nigerians generally have no culture of negotiations, we have Senate and house of Reps whose duty is primarily negotiations.

Nigeria can not even break as Nigeria's costly unity is the best thing for the inherent wickedness in an average of our kind, in 1945 North said the Igbos were taking their jobs they Massacred Igbos, remember the issue between Akintola and Awolowo, the wild wild west, people were burnt alive.

Remember the civil war a misunderstanding between two army officers (Ojukwu and Gowon) filled with egoism these are all things that should be settled with negotiations, you got to keep talking, hopefully before 50 million people are killed Nigerians will learn to negotiate, look, how did this guy even become a king.

77 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by backnbeta(f): 6:24am On Dec 08, 2021
I wonder what these out leaders mean by "Nigeria's unity is not negotiable"! Why can't we renegotiate an unfavorable union if the relationship is abusive, uncomfortable and loveless with only one parasitic partner enjoying it? It is well undecided

50 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by gaetano: 6:25am On Dec 08, 2021
Ncheke

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by donbachi(m): 6:48am On Dec 08, 2021
Everything in life is negotiable.

No be una talk sey " with special arrangement.devil fit see GOD"

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Irondome1: 6:51am On Dec 08, 2021
So it should continue to be by fire by force affair abi?.
But Oba you divorced your wife when it becomes necessary to do so, why then should this union be non-negotiable?.

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 6:55am On Dec 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Source: https://punchng.com/nigerias-unity-not-negotiable-ooni/

Mumu OP, the king said the unity of Yorubas is not negotiable, he wasn't referring to Nigeria in his comment. If comprehension is your problem why not go back to school, ode

The Nigeria unity non negotiable that is inserted in the article is the opinion of the writer probably for pecuniary gain as most of them are nothing but brown envelope journalists

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 6:59am On Dec 08, 2021
There is no union or relationship known to man that is not negotiable. Even God negotiated with the devil and sent him packing from heaven when the relationship was no more bearable. Our leaders are missing the point entirely.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Tinubuadvocate: 7:00am On Dec 08, 2021
Wow God bless you of course you are a reader. You literally speak my mind I just don't know why Nigerian newspapers are full of incompetent.
Ttalk:

Mumu OP, the king said the unity of Yorubas is not negotiable, he wasn't referring to Nigeria in his comment. If comprehension is your problem why not go back to school, ode

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2021
I don't like people that are born inherently insulting. If you don't understand sentences and their meaning, you could employ the services of a primary 5 pupil who eloquently delivered speech seeking for election as a prefect in the school.
now what does this statement mean?

The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has advised descendants of the Yoruba race to ensure that politics, religion, and other biases were not allowed to cause division among them.

who is mumu now?
Ttalk:

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 7:05am On Dec 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:
[b]I don't like people that are born inherently insulting. [/b]If you don't understand sentences and their meaning, you could employ the services of a primary 5 pupil who eloquently delivered speech seeking for election as a prefect in the school.
now what does this statement mean?

I have been writing before you stop sucking breast, oponu akindarindarin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Baawaa(m): 7:05am On Dec 08, 2021
Is not negotiable when they are bring the Ghana must go regularly grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 7:07am On Dec 08, 2021
Ttalk:

I have been writing before you stop sucking breast, oponu akindarindarin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by omenkaLives(m): 7:08am On Dec 08, 2021
Paretomaster1:
Children of hate will jump on these thread now like antelope....
We sure expect them to just, given that they've already done their morning devotion of jumping on their parents before the first cock crow.

Needless to say, the revered Ooni was referring to Yoruba nation and not Nigeria in general. Punch only added "Nigeria" as a click bait.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by omenkaLives(m): 7:09am On Dec 08, 2021
Ttalk:

The Nigeria unity non negotiable that is inserted in the article is the opinion of the writer probably for pecuniary gain as most of them are nothing but brown envelope journalists
Not really the OP's fault. The blame lies solely with the newspaper editor and the author of the article.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by kettykings: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2021
.The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has advised descendants of the Yoruba race to ensure that politics, religion, and other biases were not allowed to cause division among them.

He clearly said the nation's unity ,but what morons failed to understand is that Nigeria appears to be the only country in the world where it's unity is not negotiable, even the unity of great Britain and Soviet union were all negotiable but the unity of Africa's most useless country is cast in iron clad

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 7:10am On Dec 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:

That's the scheme of the writer, his comment that relates to unity is addressed to Yoruba people, read the Oba's words in quote and stop muddling things up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 7:13am On Dec 08, 2021
Ttalk:

Tinubuadvocate:
Wow God bless you of course you are a reader. You literally speak my mind I just don't know why Nigerian newspapers are full of incompetent.

I wonder if you guys didn't read through the lines of the message. This is just as he said the nation’s unity was not negotiable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 7:14am On Dec 08, 2021
omenkaLives:
Not really the OP's fault. The blame lies solely with the newspaper editor and the author of the article.

Yes that why I said the writer, but the OP lacks comprehension

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 7:15am On Dec 08, 2021
omenkaLives:
that's what he meant.

op means original poster
means the editor is the OP

Good morning my love
a night without a romp with you is useless
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Prince081: 7:17am On Dec 08, 2021
These are the people enjoying the mess.
Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Tranquillity360: 7:17am On Dec 08, 2021
What do you expect from people that are afraid of self rule.

Give them Oduduwa and see them kill themselves as they do before the almagamation of Nigeria.

Bloody unity beggars.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:

I wonder if you guys didn't read through the lines of the message. This is just as he said the nation’s unity was not negotiable.

That was the writers interpretation which is not what the Oba said. There's no difference betweenOP and the writer.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 7:19am On Dec 08, 2021
Ttalk:

Yes that why I said the writer, but the OP lacks comprehension

Like I said, you are inherently insulting from birth. If not you would know how to point errors to people without starting with insult. Simple!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Munamu: 7:19am On Dec 08, 2021
backnbeta:
I wonder what these out leaders mean by "Nigeria's unity is not negotiable"! Why can't we renegotiate an unfavorable union if the relationship is abusive, uncomfortable and loveless with only one parasitic partner enjoying it? It is well undecided

Because they all benefit one way or the other in the arrangement, so the status quo must be maintained.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Ttalk: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2021
GardenOfGod:

Like I said, you are inherently insulting from birth. If not you would know how to point errors to people without starting with insult. Simple!

Oya na ma binu, at least youve accepted your error. It's too early start quarrel

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Tinubuadvocate: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2021
I'm historian only a compound fool will say Nigeria is not negotiable, if you can't renegotiate your existence as a country how do you achieve desired goals as a nation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Tinubuadvocate: 7:23am On Dec 08, 2021
Please go and read it again with careful mind.
GardenOfGod:

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by Tinubuadvocate: 7:27am On Dec 08, 2021
The publisher of the newspaper and the poster just want people to start insult the oba.
omenkaLives:
We sure expect them to just, given that they've already done their morning devotion of jumping on their parents before the first cock crow.

Needless to say, the revered Ooni was referring to Yoruba nation and not Nigeria in general. Punch only added "Nigeria" as a click bait.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Unity Not Negotiable - Ooni by GardenOfGod(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2021
I guess you have put on your intellectual glasses to understand and comprehend what the Ooni meant. grin
kettykings:

He clearly said the nation's unity ,but what morons failed to understand is that Nigeria appears to be the only country in the world where it's unity is not negotiable, even the unity of great Britain and Soviet union were all negotiable but the unity of Africa's most useless country is cast in iron clad

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

. / Shettima Visits Survivors Of Rann Tragedy (Photos) / Ogun Attracts 75 Percent Foreign Direct Investment Into Nigeria – UK Envoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.