Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,855 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

A Take On Nigeria's Proposed Population Control - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Take On Nigeria's Proposed Population Control (313 Views)

Qatar Makes U-Turn, Accepts Nigeria's Proposed Business Meeting / FG Begins Population Control, Introduces New Policy / Nigeria’s Proposed Infectious Disease Act Is Plagiarised From Singapore Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Take On Nigeria's Proposed Population Control by Environer: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2018
"My take on Nigeria's proposed population control policy. On the face of it, the proposed policy of limiting the number of children per woman is a good and welcome one. I have always thought such policy would be good for Nigeria, given the manner in which population growth is outpacing productivity and economic growth. However, looking more closely, it would seem that the policy crafters are playing a religious game - as usual. A muslim man with four wives will hardly be affected by the policy, while a Christian man with one wife will be affected. The right policy should be to limit the number of children per family. Nigeria needs well thought out policies rooted on wide consultation and economic realities, not some hurriedly packaged masqueraded ideas with sinister undercurrents. My own initial proposal is "one family three children" maximum. Less is better"

Copied from Facebook

Frontpage discussion
Mynd44
Seun
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: A Take On Nigeria's Proposed Population Control by Environer: 11:59am On Oct 24, 2018
I read this on a friend's Facebook page and wanted to share it here to get your own take. What do you think? Is there a religious undertone to the policy? Why not limited to men, why women?
Re: A Take On Nigeria's Proposed Population Control by Environer: 3:04pm On Oct 24, 2018
I guess that Nigerians don't have strong coherent opinions on the most important things affecting their country. Only good at pursuing inanities.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Only Supreme Court Can Stop Benefits Of Elected Officers Sacked At Tribunals-REP / Ooni Of Ife Raises Alarm, Warns Ladies Desirous To Marry Him To Beware Of Frauds / Gays, Lesbians Endorse Atiku For President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.