Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,862 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy (642 Views)

Paul Obazele: "Gays And Lesbians Control Nollywood Industry" / Richard Quest Speaks In Church In Kenya, Kenyans Angered Because He's Gay / 14 Nigerian Celebs Who Are Allegedly Gays & Lesbians NO 5 Was Caught (with Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by WotzupNG: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2018
CNN news anchor, Richard Quest has said that Kenya needs to embrace gays if they want to be a thriving and modern economy.

Richard Quest is in the country to tour selected regions with legendary Marathon World record champion Eliud Kipchoge.

“I do not for a moment, doubt the sincerity of those people who are against me on this issue. And I can respect their point of view, I merely say that in this day and age, if you want to succeed, if you want Kenya to be a thriving, vibrant modern economy, you are going to look at this in a different way and ask yourself what is it about these very successful places that we need to at least try to attract.

“That is the way you do it. You let people live their lives, love who they want, and the way they wish,” he said.

Popular for his show Quest Means Business, Richard Quest who has been in Kenya since Monday also called for the decriminalization of same sex activities.

“I am obviously going to be advancing an agenda that says there should be at least the decriminalization of same sexual activity. It is straight forward, I am not gonna mess around with that one. That is obviously my belief,” he said in the interview.

Quest’s remarks are coming just days after President Uhuru Kenyatta said that gay marriages will remain illegal. He also promised Kenyans that he’ll never bow to pressure to legislate same-sex marriages as a condition to receive donor funding.

Uhuru said:

“We must ensure that our development is what we want and not that brought from outside. We should not be told that if we want money, we must legislate that a man can marry another.”

https://www.wotzup.ng/2018/10/richard-quest-kenya-accept-gays-economy/

Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by Ekez(m): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2018
Any of ma pikin wey turn gay ,i go poison am
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by GraGra247(m): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2018
If being gay is right why do they crucify prostitutes. After all there's consent too.

They believe prostitutes can be rehabilitated but refuse such for gays.

The world should start a rehabilitation for gays and not allow the cursed lifestyle to spread by legalizing it.

The west is hell bent on stylishly plunging the world to another Sodom and Gomorrah.

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by MrGoogle88: 1:15pm On Oct 24, 2018
GraGra247:
If being gay is right why do they crucify prostitutes. After all there's consent too.

They believe prostitutes can be rehabilitated but refuse such for gays.

The world should start a rehabilitation for gays and not allow the cursed lifestyle to spread by legalizing it.

The west is hell bent on stylishly plunging the world to another Sodom and Gomorrah.

Prostitution is actually legal in most of the developed world, the reason why it was frowned upon was because it encouraged human trafficking, but where the government sanctions a brothel , monitors and taxes their activities, it's not that bad...The catholic church once owned brothels, my take on homosexuality is that we as a race can't tell for sure if they were really born that way, nature isn't perfect, some kids are born blind, deaf, without legs or arms, nature messes things up all the time so why can't it mess up people's sexual orientation? and if said orientation can exist without people getting hurt is it really that bad?

1 Like

Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by zoaroster: 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2018
He is gay naa, so wat do u expect.
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2018
MrGoogle88:

Prostitution is actually legal in most of the developed world, the reason why it was frowned upon was because it encouraged human trafficking, but where the government sanctions a brothel , monitors and taxes their activities, it's not that bad...The catholic church once owned brothels, my take on homosexuality is that we as a race can't tell for sure if they were really born that way, nature isn't perfect, some kids are born blind, deaf, without legs or arms, nature messes things up all the time so why can't it mess up people's sexual orientation? and if said orientation can exist without people getting hurt is it really that bad?
I just wish I could like this a billion times, you were spot on with your comment
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by GraGra247(m): 4:10pm On Oct 24, 2018
MrGoogle88:

Going by your interpretation , what of those born with inordinate sexual desire for kids and infants. Those born with desire to rob and kill. We should then indulge them all instead of rehabilitating them.

If you had time to think a little, you would've easily understood that its impossible for anyone to be born with any knowledge of sexual intercourse let alone being born with a sexual orientation be it gay or straight.

In actual fact nobody is born with any knowledge at all. There never was any baby that came out of the womb and began to recite ABC to Z all by himself.

Knowledge is acquired. We were all taught what we know today. We all learnt everything including sexuality.
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by NoContract(m): 4:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
Ekez:
Any of ma pikin wey turn gay, i go poison am

Good luck with it.
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by wickyyolo: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2018
Is a demonic spirit
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by MrGoogle88: 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2018
GraGra247:

Going by your interpretation , what of those born with inordinate sexual desire for kids and infants. Those born with desire to rob and kill. We should then indulge them all instead of rehabilitating them.

We should not accept violent behaviors or sexual acts towards minors because lives get hurt. when two adult men or two adult women CHOOSE to have sex with each other no one gets hurt, if they don't like the act the first time they won't do it again...

GraGra247:

If you had time to think a little, you would've easily understood that its impossible for anyone to be born with any knowledge of sexual intercourse let alone being born with a sexual orientation be it gay or straight.

In actual fact nobody is born with any knowledge at all. There never was any baby that came out of the womb and began to recite ABC to Z all by himself.

Knowledge is acquired. We were all taught what we know today. We all learnt everything including sexuality.

I beg to differ, you are who you are in the womb gay or straight, the knowledge we acquire only helps streamline our orientation, i.e that's why some men may like fat women over thin ones because of things that happened in their formative years...I've always liked women, at a young age I've been exposed to the homosexual narrative both in the news and other media but I've always known I can NEVER fall in love with another man, women are what gets me stimulated, I didn't choose to be this way, it's the way I was born... now what if by some genetic reasons etc some other person is attracted to members of the same sex?
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by GraGra247(m): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2018
MrGoogle88:

We should not accept violent behaviors or sexual acts towards minors because lives get hurt. when two adult men or two adult women CHOOSE to have sex with each other no one gets hurt, if they don't like the act the first time they won't do it again...

9 to 17 years old are minors too and "few" of them don't get hurt during sex. Some confess to actually enjoy it. So by your definition this makes it okay right?

You will still argue so I'll let you keep your opinion to yourself.

MrGoogle88:

I beg to differ, you are who you are in the womb gay or straight, the knowledge we acquire only helps streamline our orientation, i.e that's why some men may like fat women over thin ones because of things that happened in their "FORMATIVE" years...

You see how you easily contradict yourself or perhaps deliberately lying just to win an argument as is common on this forum. You agree there's "FORMATIVE" years where everyone picks up habits, lifestyle and choices while still arguing people are born gay.

I won't even waste my time arguing with you hereafter.

MrGoogle88:

I've always liked women, at a young age I've been exposed to the homosexual narrative both in the news and other media but I've always known I can NEVER fall in love with another man, women are what gets me stimulated, I didn't choose to be this way, it's the way I was born... now what if by some genetic reasons etc some other person is attracted to members of the same sex?

Stop assumptions and use common sense. How can you claim "genetic reasons" for something that is a matter of bad habit that is acquired. Common sense easily rationalizes this.

How does a child that knows totally nothing about sex from birth suddenly claim attraction to same sex without someone else teaching him to love and admire same sex.

I'm so done with you so go on and argue with someone else. Thanks
Re: CNN Anchor, Richard Quest Pressures Kenya To Accept Gays To Be A Modern Economy by LifestyleTonite: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2018
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Anita Not Present At Daughter's UK Wedding Reception / Ronaldinho’s Passport Seized Due To His Inability To Pay Debt. He Is Going Broke / Khloe Survives Accident Driving The Car Obafemi Martins Bought For Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.