Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Daily Insight: 9-month Earnings: Overview Of 4 Top Tier-1 Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Daily Insight: 9-month Earnings: Overview Of 4 Top Tier-1 Banks (204 Views)

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. / Zenith Bank Tops Tier-1 Banks In Nigeria / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Daily Insight: 9-month Earnings: Overview Of 4 Top Tier-1 Banks by BrandSpurNG: 2:40pm On Oct 24, 2018
Our review of the 9M-18 financial scorecards of these top-four Banks indicated that while Deposit growth sustained momentum(up 8.3%YTD on average) as observed in Q2-18, the drive to expand their loan books remained muted. Loans and advances fell 5.6%YTD on average among the four Banks while the deployment of funds to government securities was sustained. Yet, interest income growth remained constrained, averaging 3.5% as the yields on government securities
remained lower compared to the prior year. Additionally, net interest margin was pressured by higher cost of funds, while interest expense jumped across the board (Except for Zenith)
READ: GTBANK RELEASES Q3 2018 UNAUDITED RESULTS, REPORTS PROFIT BEFORE TAX OF ₦164.2 BILLION

Asset quality, however, improved generally, with loan loss provisioning witnessing further moderation (tumbling 50.6%y/y amid improved outlook), especially in relation to the upstream oil sector, which might have resulted in a significant amount of write-backs. Interestingly, non-interest income (NII) growth was divergent with GUARANTY reporting an outstanding NII performance. Although PBT growth appeared constrained, the banks remained significantly profitable and well
capitalized as the average annualized ROE for the 4 banks improved from 21.0% to 22.4%.

For details, visit: Daily Insight: 9-Month Earnings: Overview of 4 Top Tier-1 Banks https://brandspurng.com/daily-insight-9-month-earnings-overview-of-4-top-tier-1-banks/

(1) (Reply)

I Wil Teach U How To Design Website(wordpress, Html, Css,java,php) Port Harcourt / P+ Measurement Services Host AMEC Measurement Month In Nigeria. / Assessing Nigeria’s Gains From OPEC Output Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.