Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,164 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:28 PM

English vs Pidgin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / English vs Pidgin (1056 Views)

BBC To Launch Pidgin And Yoruba Service / Re: #teamgej Is Being Officially Unveiled. Come Show Ur Support For Pidgin / Nigerian White Boy Speaking Pidgin English - Enjoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

English vs Pidgin by LePhilippe(m): 12:11am On Apr 09, 2007
English isa fun language and all but lets admit, Pidgin is so much more fun to speak, Which do you prefer??
Re: English vs Pidgin by jesusfreak(f): 9:40am On Apr 10, 2007
hey low fee lee pay

hope i got that right? undecided

what's with u and pidgin? i prefer english anyway! its more appropriate especially in business settings, its way classier than pidgin and it's definately the correct form of the language,

i mean, why wud i want to speak second class english? im sure the origin of pidgin can be traced back to the pple who just culdnt get the English language right! check out the Krio language for instance grin

I choose the right way!
Re: English vs Pidgin by edoairways: 1:24am On Apr 05, 2020
jesusfreak:
hey low fee lee pay

hope i got that right? undecided

what's with u and pidgin? i prefer english anyway! its more appropriate especially in business settings, its way classier than pidgin and it's definately the correct form of the language,

i mean, why wud i want to speak second class english? im sure the origin of pidgin can be traced back to the pple who just culdnt get the English language right! check out the Krio language for instance grin

I choose the right way!
Hmmm
Re: English vs Pidgin by mignone(f): 2:34am On Apr 05, 2020
You may qualify your 'pidgin' here sir; it's Pidgin English in this case. Many ppl do not knw dt any language cld av its own pidgin, depending on d ppl dt speak it.
Dictionary meaning of pidgin:
an amalgamation of two disparate languages, used by two populations having no common language as a lingua franca to communicate with each other, lacking formalized grammar and having a small, utilitarian vocabulary and no native speakers.

(1) (Reply)

Lawyers: June 12 Bankrupted Mko / Sa Intelligence Minister's Wife And The Drug Mule Bust / Ekiti Woman, 31, Conceals 450g Hemp Under Fufu Meal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.