Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma (447 Views)

Crypto Dilemma: Banking Public, Regulators Differ On Cryptocurrencies / My Personal Story:How My Venturing Into This Business Changed My Life. / How Would You Solve These Issues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by Demichaels: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2018
Your customer calls you that he's coming to your shop to buy goods with someone and he told you to add about 30% of the cost price for him as his share (normally called 'apriko' in local parlance).

But unknown to your customer, you discovered that the person he came with (that's the real person that wants the goods) is your good old time friend.

Will you go ahead and sell the goods to him at the normal cost price plus your customer's 30% apriko when you are fully aware that your old time friend will bear the financial burden while your customer smiles to the bank with his 30% apriko or will you decline and save your friend.

Please, bear in mind that normal price of the goods is 4 million naira.
Re: How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by heniford2: 11:11pm On Oct 24, 2018
grin i will do it because its business.
Re: How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by darocha1: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2018
Deep
Re: How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by SKhanmi: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
Deep indeed, You loose a friend & future gains if he eventually finds out or lose a customer who can bring in larger prospects.

I'll prefer to sell at the normal price, then tell the customer the situation & see if we can negotiate something.

Never forget the law of compensation.
Re: How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by heniford2: 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
SKhanmi:
Deep indeed, You loose a friend & future gains if he eventually finds out or lose a customer who can bring in larger prospects.

I'll prefer to sell at the normal price, then tell the customer the situation & see if we can negotiate something.

Never forget the law of compensation.
you will loose both and that your client forever believe me..your friend never know the price and even if he gets to know later its understndn dats wat u sale he will understnd it nd he may even say urz its original nd odas are fake,the oda guy wil still bring more customer since he its been seen as part of the biz "no friend or family in biz if u want 2 go far"...
Re: How Would You Solve This Business Dilemma by maybrowne(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
At that point, there is one option. Seal the deal and complete the transaction.

Here is thing, the link that brought you and your friend together was based on an agreed business deal. At this point, if you try to back out the middle man might feel played as you loose future deals also see you as someone who can't stand to his word.

So if I was that situation, here is what I'll do.

I will continue with the transaction as agreed but I'll make it clear and obvious during the course of the transaction that I and the client are good long time friends just so that when (not if) he finds out relating personally later he will not feel sidelined.

I will also explain the situation to him about my relationship with the person but then I will let him know a deal is a deal and I can't go back on my word. (That let's him know I am a reliable person and also increases the level of try he has in me)

Then I will also explain the situation to my friend in an understanding manner so that the understand the business of things and making him understand that in business especially in this case your word is your bond but I will promise to give him discount on any of his next purchase.

Or even pull him in for him to bring in referrals too at an even better rate.

That way everyone wins.

(1) (Reply)

. / Which Business Can A Student In University Start With 10-30 Thousand / Do You Know You Can Make More Than 30k In A Week?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.