Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? (33293 Views)

Army Bans Use Of Military Uniforms By Ex-boys Of Military Schools / Lagos Schools Where Students Sit On The Floor & Under Trees / Nigeria Defence Academy And Military Schools Regional Imbalance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
Aigbofa:

I don't understand how calling out a bunch of monkeys will result in my children becoming second class citizens. Are you sure the methane gas you were sniffing has worn off?  When you stop licking dirty ibo arse, let's talk.

I know you dont  understand so much,but you know that the brazilian army and Nigerian army were at par in 80,s.But do you know the brazilan army produce fighter jets and other military hardware.This is 2010,the Nigerian army produces only furniture and imports all miltary hardware.

Do you know the militar contributes to technology and advancement of countries,Do you know they do road construction.Do you know they were the people that assisted in the internet we use today.I hope you can learn from india.General powell joined the army when IBB was a small boy,but he went to gulf war.He retired as a general,iBB became a general when when powell was also a general.which kind of army is that.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 17, 2010
olas2u:

I know you dont  understand so much,but you know that the brazilian army and Nigerian army were at par in 80,s.But do you know the brazilan army produce fighter jets and other military hardware.This is 2010,the Nigerian army produces only furniture and imports all miltary hardware.

Do you know the militar contributes to technology and advancement of countries,Do you know they do road construction.Do you know they were the people that assisted in the internet we use today.I hope you can learn from india.General powell joined the army when IBB was a small boy,but he went to gulf war.He retired as a general,iBB became a general when when powell was also a general.which kind of army is that.

And Nigeria millitary cannot achieve any of those things simply because a millitary academy is located in a part of the country you don't like.

The problem with people like you is that, your minds are so warped by hatred, you don't even know when you are not making sense.

Please explain to me how and why Nigeria millitary could start manufacturing jets, if all the millitary institutions in Nigeria were suddenly moved to the south today.

I don't debate retards, you bore the hell out of me.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Dede1(m): 10:42pm On Jul 17, 2010
Aigbofa:

There we go again; Don't try to comprehend me. It will only cause your puny ibo brain to ache.

Are you insinuating I should comprehend you? It will take a dunce to understand a stinking jackass such as you. I shall not contribute to your formal education but will inform you the crap you wrote about Ojukwu’s military training is an idiotic falsehood.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 17, 2010
Aigbofa:

And Nigeria millitary cannot achieve any of those things simply because a millitary academy is located in a part of the country you don't like.

The problem with people like you is that, your minds are so warped by hatred, you don't even know when you are not making sense.

Please explain to me how and why Nigeria millitary could start manufacturing jets, if all the millitary institutions in Nigeria were suddenly moved to the south today.

I don't debate retards, you bore the hell out of me.
Well,location  deprived a lot of southners from getting into that school.In Nigeria you need to meet with an emir or oba to recommened you.The most brilliant minds in Nigeria live in the south of the country.With education you will produce.Southners will produce with the right chances. and support.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 17, 2010
olas2u:

Well,location  deprived a lot of southners from getting into that school.In Nigeria you need to meet with an emir or oba to recommened you.The most brilliant minds in Nigeria live in the south of the country.With education you will produce.Southners will produce with the right chances. and support.

Now we are talking. When the Federal Capital was in Lagos, did it stop Hausa Fulani domination of the Federal government? No, It didn't.

You have a point, but simply moving Millitary schools around will not change anything, if there's too much power concentrated in the hands one ethnic group. I am not in support of replacing northern domination with southern domination. I just want a just Nigeria preferably without the noise making ibos.

Unless they change their ways of course.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by xterra2(m): 12:13am On Jul 18, 2010
olas2u:

I know you dont  understand so much,but you know that the brazilian army and Nigerian army were at par in 80,s.But do you know the brazilan army produce fighter jets and other military hardware.This is 2010,the Nigerian army produces only furniture and imports all miltary hardware.

Not to join the argument but they build UAV ummaned aerial vehicles better called drones ,guns, ammunition,and ships + ferries not to talk of plans to establish 300-400 military industires in a military industry complex
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 18, 2010
Dede1:

Are you insinuating I should comprehend you? It will take a dunce to understand a stinking jackass such as you. I shall not contribute to your formal education but will inform you the crap you wrote about Ojukwu’s military training is an idiotic falsehood.

O.k, don't try to comprehend me. I don't want your fragile little brain to explode. All you have to say is yes or no.

Did Ojuku not attend Sandhurst?

Did he not turn his gun against the very country that sent him there?

Yes or no, nothing too tasking for your stupi.d azz brain.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by PapaBrowne(m): 12:24am On Jul 18, 2010
What a sad mistake the arewa made. They assumed military rule will last forever and continue to weild immense political power.
While they were busy building military schools, southerners were sending their children to universities.
Today, the south owns the economy, industry, media, resource, and manpower. cool

And no it (The south) didn't stop there. It now owns political power plus its own private army to checkmate the northern military. wink

The good news though is that a new north is rising. A north that consists of progressives like El Rufai and Ribadu. A new north that thinks differently. A new north that cares about the hordes of Almajiris dotting the landscape. This new north would EMERGE and the old hegemonists can't stop it. sad
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jul 18, 2010
xterra2:

Not to join the argument but they build UAV ummaned aerial vehicles better called drones ,guns, ammunition,and ships + ferries not to talk of plans to establish 300-400 military industires in a military industry complex
Aigbofa link=topic=480798.msg6403771#msg6403771 date=1279403910:

Now we are talking. When the Federal Capital was in Lagos, did it stop Hausa Fulani domination of the Federal government? No, It didn't.

You have a point, but simply moving Millitary schools around will not change anything, if there's too much power concentrated in the hands one ethnic group. I am not in support of replacing northern domination with southern domination. I just want a just Nigeria preferably without the noise making ibos.

The Fulanis arrived in the Northern area a,d conquered the Hausas. Hausas and Fulani had historically been separate people. the Fulani legitimized their power over the Hausas and imposed their religion and ways of life o
Well the amalgamation of Nigeria by harcourt and lugard brough abou this things
Aigbofa:

Historically, Hausas were not Moslems; their religion was what they called Maigazuya or Maigazurra kind of religion. This comprised magic, witchcraft and all the rest, mixed with Islam. The Fulanis came and emasculated the Hausas, changed their religion and even their ways of life. Today, these Fulanis who speak Fulfude are in Northern Nigeria, They became Hausa-Fulani
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Becomrich0: 2:49am On Jul 18, 2010
On this issue, I would support  Jonathan Goodluck , I think he should not make a mistake by trying to relocate the one in the north but he should build 8 new military all in the  south . USA have many military school.
So he should build in the south urgently.

New Nigeria Defence Academy –

New National Defence College

New School Of Artillery 

New School Of Armour

New School Of Infantry

New Armed Forces Command & Staff College

New Depot Of Nigerian Army

New Air Force Training School   

I support him on this issue. And it is urgent for the nation. It was wrong for northerner to have done that, but two wrong do not make a right by removing it. But just build new one in the south. And it is of national emergency.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by jamace(m): 7:19am On Jul 18, 2010
On this issue, I would support Jonathan Goodluck , I think he should not make a mistake by trying to relocate the one in the north but he should build 8 new military all in the south . USA have many military school.
So he should build in the south urgently.

New Nigeria Defence Academy –

New National Defence College

New School Of Artillery

New School Of Armour

New School Of Infantry

New Armed Forces Command & Staff College

New Depot Of Nigerian Army

New Air Force Training School

I support him on this issue. And it is urgent for the nation. It was wrong for northerner to have done that, but two wrong do not make a right by removing it. But just build new one in the south. And it is of national emergency.

grin grin Kai, I don laugh die. grin grin. Debates like this makes Nairaland "Day Nite Of a Thousand Laughs" show. grin grin. Kai, Nairaland my Nairaland! grin grin. One dose of Nairaland per day, keeps sickness at bay. grin grin
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by oderemo(m): 10:06am On Jul 18, 2010
what will this backdated military history will do us today still baffles me ,with guys spitting feathers on either the location is west/north/east. i thought we are in democracy already.
well history is a good topic anyway.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by deor03(m): 10:23am On Jul 18, 2010
Location of these school HAVE little effect as far as i am concerned.

Oil is drilled in the ND and the HQs are in Lagos
Banks Operate Nationwide and their HQs are in Lagos.
Entry into Nigerian Military institutions is based on quota system,therefore it has no effect on location

My own view ( No doubt some people could have done these years back for their own reasons)
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Remii(m): 10:28am On Jul 18, 2010
ode remo:

what will this backdated military history will do us today still baffles me ,with guys spitting feathers on either the location is west/north/east. i thought we are in democracy already.
well history is a good topic anyway.

rflmao, lol, military don't disappear or become irrelevant with advent of democracy, they are for country security and defence from extenal attack. every country, either under military or civil rule has its own.

The naval bases are located mostly in the south. I think it has to do with geographical considerations for training, before the civil war most armory use to be at Ibadan but were moved to Kaduna under Obasanjo regime in 1976.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by oderemo(m): 10:36am On Jul 18, 2010
Entry into Nigerian Military institutions is based on quota system,therefore it has no effect on location
you have a valid point right there,the headache is, our so called quota system is always manipulated to suit ppl agenda.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jul 18, 2010
ode remo:

you have a valid point right there,the headache is, our so called quota system is always manipulated to suit ppl agenda.

So they say,but an hausa man bears the  name of an igbo man.Location matters ,let them bring it to the center and conduct entrance exams and see who gets admission through exams.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by oderemo(m): 10:49am On Jul 18, 2010
@Mr.remi,
apart from looting and plundering the nation into the state we are @ d moment, Nigeria military have done jack. for nation building, imagine if our fragile democracy had never been interrupted in the 60s. i care less 4 there location. they are terror boys.
tell me wha t this guys did 4 us,
GOWON, IDIAGBON, BUHARI, MURITALLA,BUHARI,OBASANJO,IBB,ABACHA,ABDuSALAM,
look at them 2day, all have used the system to enrich but shame is our present and past democrazy practitioners just follow suit.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Remii(m): 11:23am On Jul 18, 2010
^^^^^^^^
The issue of bad leadership is with all our political class, not military alone. The khaki boys even did better than their agbada counterpart if you look at the development of structures, almost all roads, bridges and public buildings in Lagos and Abuja were put up by the military, but these days, all we hear is allowance for this allowance for that, no development. They are even unable to main what they inherited.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Becomrich0: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2010
deor03, you have no point. The military is a defend system. And the way the military is plan and were the location are place is very important to the country, in term of bring stability to a country.
An inbalance in the system that the north has created should be corrected.

Even if nigeria has emeny attack, how can you defend yourself.??

You have no defend system.? You can not go and put the weapon in the north and think you have a weapon defend system.,

Every nation has position its military in sure a way, they must be able to reponse to enermy attack, any time and anyday and even if there is a war, they must be able to quickly train its personnel , and if you put all military training school in the north. You have failed to fulfill the purpose of the military.

The government has no choice but to have duplicate of all of this school in the south. It is for your own safe as a nation too. Its has no much to do with south and north. But what is best for you.

Nigeria is one of the country that is more easy to attack because of the way the north has set up the military location. Any country can take over nigeria govt easy in less than 3 hours.  The USA army can do it in less than 1 hour. And US or Russia can install a new president in Nigeria because of the weak military system put in place by the North.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Mariory(m): 1:38pm On Jul 18, 2010
Becomrich0:

deor03, you have no point. The military is a defend system. And the way the military is plan and were the location are place is very important to the country, in term of bring stability to a country.
An inbalance in the system that the north has created should be corrected.

Even if nigeria has emeny attack, how can you defend yourself.??

You have no defend system.? You can not go and put the weapon in the north and think you have a weapon defend system.,

Every nation has position its military in sure a way, they must be able to reponse to enermy attack, any time and anyday and even if there is a war, they must be able to quickly train its personnel , and if you put all military training school in the north. You have failed to fulfill the purpose of the military.

The government has no choice but to have duplicate of all of this school in the south. It is for your own safe as a nation too. Its has no much to do with south and north. But what is best for you.

Nigeria is one of the country that is more easy to attack because of the way the north has set up the military location. Any country can take over nigeria govt easy in less than 3 hours.  The USA army can do it in less than 1 hour. And US or Russia can install a new president in Nigeria because of the weak military system put in place by the North.

WTH are you blabbing about? The fact that most of the military academies are not located in Southern Nigeria does not mean there are no military formations based in Sothern Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Becomrich0: 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2010
Nonsense, Do you think it was right for northerners to put all of those school only on thier side, Answer my question. ? Is that not selfishness ?? look you, what is wrong is wrong, and that is why nigeria has problem. I am not saying they should remove them, I am saying , you must have duplicate in the south for your own security.

Here are state that I feel should get the military location because of they lack military facilities and also the way they are set up.

New School Of Infantry  ebonyi state

New Armed Forces Command & Staff College  Should be in Bayelsa state

New Depot Of Nigerian Army  Should be in delta state

New Air Force Training School  should be in Osun state

New Nigeria Defence Academy –  should be in Ekiti because of the mountain and terrain

New National Defence College should be in akwa ibom

New School Of Artillery  should in ondo state

New School Of Armour   should be in edo state state
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Mariory(m): 1:59pm On Jul 18, 2010
Becomrich0:

Nonsense, Do you think it was right for northerners to put all of those school only on thier side, Answer my question. ? Is that not selfishness ?? look you, what is wrong is wrong, and that is why nigeria has problem. I am not saying they should remove them, I am saying , you must have duplicate in the south for your own security.

To state that the location of defence academies translates to Nigeria being more susceptible to attack is rubbish. This is why I don't understand why you fellas what to blow this out of proportion. Are you going to only put Southerners in your new military academies down South?
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Becomrich0: 2:51pm On Jul 18, 2010
Now if nigeria is been attacked, how do you training the new troope in the south, do you think, you would have time to ship people to the North for training and now bring them back to the south to fight.? .

No you dont have time for that. but if the training facilities should be in the south , they walk in and out of training and start fighting. Even originally, you can ask any military expert all over the world. All of the military training facilities should have been in the southern part of Nigeria and not in the north for rapid response of any military attack . Go and find out from military expert. The location were wrong in the first place.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Beaf: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2010
Mariory:

To state that the location of defence academies translates to Nigeria being more susceptible to attack is rubbish. This is why I don't understand why you fellas what to blow this out of proportion. Are you going to only put Southerners in your new military academies down South?

That is a possibility. But I believe it is best to resurrect the best post on this topic so far, which unsurprisingly has gone unanswered. Would you like to tackle it? I can wait.

PapaBrowne:

What a sad mistake the arewa made. They assumed military rule will last forever and continue to weild immense political power.
While they were busy building military schools, southerners were sending their children to universities.
Today, the south owns the economy, industry, media, resource, and manpower. cool

And no it (The south) didn't stop there. It now owns political power plus its own private army to checkmate the northern military. wink

The good news though is that a new north is rising. A north that consists of progressives like El Rufai and Ribadu. A new north that thinks differently. A new north that cares about the hordes of Almajiris dotting the landscape. This new north would EMERGE and the old hegemonists can't stop it. sad

Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Becomrich0: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2010
how are you going to put southerner in the training school. You would have northerner there too. but in war, you do not have time to bring northerner to the south to training, neither would you have southerner going to the north. That is the need why you should not relocate the one in the north but build duplicate copy in the south.
I have to go to church now. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Mariory(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2010
Beaf:

That is a possibility. But I believe it is best to resurrect the best post on this topic so far, which unsurprisingly has gone unanswered. Would you like to tackle it? I can wait.

Tackle it for what? He stated an opinion and I don't do tribal commentary. How about you tell us how you would tackle his comment so you don't wait too long?

Becomrich0:

how are you going to put southerner in the training school. You would have northerner there too. but in war, you do not have time to bring northerner to the south to training, neither would you have southerner going to the north. That is the need why you should not relocate the one in the north but build duplicate copy in the south.
I have to go to church now. Have a wonderful day.

I see your point. It is a valid one but, Nigeria is not going to be under foreign attack from an organised force any time soon. At least not one that would require that level of mobilisation. It's not impossible but, it's highly improbable. There is no logical point to this apart from tribal competition to see who has the bigger phallus.

Having said that, let's consider this from a factual point of view. Is there a demand for another school that will do the exact same thing as the one from the North (i.e. is the one located up north over utilised)? Do we have the money to build another copy of a school we already have doing the exact same thing? Do we have enough money to maintain it? Can we afford to have two identical academies based on your highly unlikely scenario? I think not.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by xterra2(m): 12:00am On Jul 19, 2010
deor03:

Location of these school HAVE little effect as far as i am concerned.

Oil is drilled in the ND and the HQs are in Lagos
Banks Operate Nationwide and their HQs are in Lagos.

My own view ( No doubt some people could have done these years back for their own reasons)
Thank you very much you said the most important thing here,people are just blabbing
Well said and the truth actually
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by maiguard: 12:37am On Jul 19, 2010
Why dis schools no dey for Arewa?

1.  Nigerian Navy Sea Training School  - Bonny Camp Lagos.
2.  Nigerian Army School of Finance and Accounts, Apapa Lagos.
3.  Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
4.  Nigerian Army Medical School, Ojo Lagos.
5.  Nigerian Army Ordnance School, Ojo Lagos,
6.  Nigerian Army School of Music, Ojo Lagos.
7.  Nigerian Army College of Logistics, TBS Lagos.
8.  Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
9.  Nigerian Navy Cadet Training School, Port Harcourt.
10.  Nigerian Navy Ratings School, Owerenta, Imo State.
11.  Nigerian Army School of Supply and Transport, Benin, Edo State.
12.  Air Force Helicopter Training School, Port Harcourt.
13.  Nigerian Army School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Auchi Edo State.
14.  Naval Dockyard, Apapa Lagos.
15.  Navy School, Navy Village Mile 2-Ojo Lagos
Omo Fire, Dan Wuta.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Mariory(m): 12:44am On Jul 19, 2010
mai guard:

1.  Nigerian Navy Sea Training School  - Bonny Camp Lagos.
2.  Nigerian Army School of Finance and Accounts, Apapa Lagos.
3.  Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
4.  Nigerian Army Medical School, Ojo Lagos.
5.  Nigerian Army Ordnance School, Ojo Lagos,
6.  Nigerian Army School of Music, Ojo Lagos.
7.  Nigerian Army College of Logistics, TBS Lagos.
8.  Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
9.  Nigerian Navy Cadet Training School, Port Harcourt.
10.  Nigerian Navy Ratings School, Owerenta, Imo State.
11.  Nigerian Army School of Supply and Transport, Benin, Edo State.
12.  Air Force Helicopter Training School, Port Harcourt.
13.  Nigerian Army School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Auchi Edo State.
14.  Naval Dockyard, Apapa Lagos.
15.  Navy School, Navy Village Mile 2-Ojo Lagos

Well I think that settles that although I don't think the dockyard is a school.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by maiguard: 12:54am On Jul 19, 2010
Well, Mariory, It may not be, but I think a sort of training takes place at the dockyard. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Beaf: 1:28am On Jul 19, 2010
mai guard:

Why dis schools no dey for Arewa?

1. Nigerian Navy Sea Training School - Bonny Camp Lagos.
2. Nigerian Army School of Finance and Accounts, Apapa Lagos.
3. Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
4. Nigerian Army Medical School, Ojo Lagos.
5. Nigerian Army Ordnance School, Ojo Lagos,
6. Nigerian Army School of Music, Ojo Lagos.
7. Nigerian Army College of Logistics, TBS Lagos.
8. Nigerian Army School of Signals, Apapa Lagos.
9. Nigerian Navy Cadet Training School, Port Harcourt.
10. Nigerian Navy Ratings School, Owerenta, Imo State.
11. Nigerian Army School of Supply and Transport, Benin, Edo State.
12. Air Force Helicopter Training School, Port Harcourt.
13. Nigerian Army School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Auchi Edo State.
14. Naval Dockyard, Apapa Lagos.
15. Navy School, Navy Village Mile 2-Ojo Lagos
Omo Fire, Dan Wuta.

The only things not on that wretched list are;
[list]
[li]Nigerian Army School of Canoe Making[/li]
[li]Nigerian Army School of Carpentry[/li]
[li]Nigerian Army School of Meat Selling[/li]
[li]Nigerian Army School of Panel Beating[/li]
[/list]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Military Schools-where Are The Ones Located Down South? by Nobody: 4:13am On Jul 19, 2010
xterra2:

Thank you very much you said the most important thing here,people are just blabbing
Well said and the truth actually

which kind of analysis is that?you dont make sense at all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okorocha, Obiano And Emefiele At NEC Meeting (Photo) / President Buhari Unveils 2 National Policies On Nigerian Government (Photos) / Fans Hosting PGEJ Trekkers To A Lunch At Lokoja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.