Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,725 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Mocking God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mocking God? (25019 Views)

Starbucks Repulsive Advert Mocking Jesus / Are This People Mocking Daddy Kumuyi? / Stop Mocking God(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mocking God? by donnie(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2006
Nice to have,

i enjoyed reading your contribution.
Re: Mocking God? by idiot(m): 4:47am On Apr 17, 2006
angelu:

The fact is that God cannot be mocked. if your not punished now theres always judgement day. its beta to believe in God and die to find out he doesn't exist than to live without God and die to find out he is real, '

This doesn't quite make sense. Its like if some person told me that if I kill myself today, I will be resurrected and live forever.
Re: Mocking God? by lauryn(f): 2:15am On Aug 31, 2006
*subscribing to thread*
Re: Mocking God? by shanuke(f): 6:38pm On Sep 02, 2006
No matter who we are or what we are,God Almighty isnt anybody's peer group whether you believe in Him or not
secondy,He created us for His pleasure,I dont care what you believe in
God is real!He must be revered,I dont care about the story but who are you to mock God?
let us watch we say here,God has given us liberty but that must not be used against Him
we all are here because He has made us vessels onto honour,we can do all things through Christ Jesus,pls whoever you are, whatever you believe in,DO NOT TAKE GOD FOR GRANTED.
If you dont understand or you have questions,ask people to tell you,dont talk because you wanna prove how intelligent you are
This is God we are talking about, pls think twice
no matter what you say and do PLS DO NOT GRIEVE THE HOLY SPIRIT,THE XTIANS KNOW WHAT AM TALKING ABOUT
PLS LETS THREAD WITH CAUTION
God's love must not be taken for granted.
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 8:36pm On Sep 02, 2006
Oh boy, I remember this train wreck of a thread, but the again any thread that starts off recounting gleefully how a supposedly loving God turned into a dim witted hitman, probably isn't going to be that good a thread anyway.
Re: Mocking God? by Godspuppet: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2006
his is the biggest pile of horse crap I have read in a while. The facts in the post are completely wrong.

#1. John lennon in an interview with an american magazing, WRONG!!!!
an interview for the London Evening Standard with Maureen Cleave, who was a friend, Lennon made an off-the-cuff remark regarding religion.
#2. The remark was made in On 4 March 1966, John Lennon was shot, At 10:50 p.m. on 8 December 1980, by Mark David Chapman a Jesus Freak
#3. Tancredo Neves did not say if he got 500,000 votes not even god would remove him from presidency. This is completely out of context, and there is no way he could recieve 500,000 votes, Because On January 15, 1985 Tancredo Neves was elected to the Presidency by a majority of the members of Congress.
#4. When Cazuza made this statement he was already stricken with Aids and was on the decline. He was not inflicted after the statement. And he DID NOT die in a horrible manner. He died from an infection in his lungs, which many people who DO NOT have aids die from every day.
#5. The man who built the Titanic? Can you give me a name please?? of course not. Well how about this, Titanic was designed by Harland and Wolff chairman Lord Pirrie, head of Harland and Wolff's design department Thomas Andrews and general manager Alexander Carlisle, with the plans regularly sent to White Star Line's managing director J. Bruce Ismay for suggestions and approval. Construction of Titanic, funded by the American J.P. Morgan and his International Mercantile Marine Co, So which one made the statement, and wait, I bet he wasn't on the ship. So isn't this showing how mocking god can kill lots of OTHER people, Not quite the same is it,
#6. Although Marilyn Monroe was visited and "Counseled" by Graham. There is no proof she said "I don't need your Jesus" Only Graham was quoted as saying that about her. And again she died of a pill overdose. Her own doing, not gods.
#7. While yes Bon Scott wrote the song and died of asphixiation. Again it was his own doing not gods. And whats more saying you're on the highway to hell is hardly mocking god. This is just stretching a little too far.
#8. While this one is the mose far fetched of them all. There is no evidence to back this up at ALL, But is was especialy creative that they are calling the trunk a "boot" which does mean trunk of a car in Britan. They do not call it a boot in Brazil. And the piece de resistance, What the hell are a bunch of teenagers driving around with eggs in their trunk for. I'll Tell you Why, It's like the rest of these stories,
IT'S COMPLETE CRAP!!!!!!!
Re: Mocking God? by Seun(m): 11:52pm On Feb 28, 2007
Heh. The person who posted it obviously did not bother to check the facts. Religious zeal can make one foolish.
Re: Mocking God? by abdkabir(m): 12:09am On Mar 01, 2007
Hey, your atheistic inclination is making you abusive. If u don't take care , i will have to report you to the Administrator. grin grin grin

Nobody knows it all!!!.
Re: Mocking God? by Godspuppet: 4:25pm On Mar 01, 2007
Hey, your atheistic inclination is making you abusive. If u don't take care , i will have to report you to the Administrator. Grin Grin Grin

Nobody knows it all!!!.

This is exactly what I am most astonished about people and their religious blinders. "My atheistic inclination is making me abusive" WOW!!!!!! My post had no atheistic inclinations in it at all, merely facts and not someones personal morbid view of people who have had bad things happen to them and saying that god is behind it all. I took the time to check the facts which the person who had the original post obviously did not. Which is what any human, since the dawn of time, has tried to do with the first spark of consciousness and reasoning, try to understand what is going on around them and a logical explanation of why it happens, unless of course you are talking about the Catholic religion who has striven to stop forward progress of any logical kind that might disprove anything that they have already "proven" through their divine connection with god and the words written in the Holy Bible (which was written by one group of men, edited by another, and another, and another and then another added a few more books and another took a few out and so on and so forth.) And as for reporting me to the admin, please, by all means do. I have done nothing to directly attack anyone, offend anyone, or make stupid comments about how you are going to run and tell on them if they don't stop posting facts on a thread that obviously is relying on personal perception and faith of one flavor or another to get their views across. Believe me, I know that Knowledge has no place in religion. And for your last intelligent and witty comment "Nobody knows it all", that is a good point. But here is a better one, Some of us try and educate ourselves with things other than theological and religious texts. The Bible is not a History Text book. And one more flaw in your statement, If God is omnipotent, wouldn't that make him the biggest know it all of all time?
Re: Mocking God? by abdkabir(m): 5:48pm On Mar 01, 2007
The post wasn't addressed to you as i do not know ur phylosophical inclination, It was addressed to the post just b4 Mine (Seun's) whose inclination i have an idea of.
Re: Mocking God? by Seun(m): 12:28am On Mar 02, 2007
wink
Re: Mocking God? by Godspuppet: 3:28pm On Mar 02, 2007
woops, sorry about that grin
Re: Mocking God? by abdkabir(m): 11:05pm On Mar 02, 2007
No Probs. wink
Re: Mocking God? by layi(m): 7:05am On Mar 05, 2007

The person who posted it obviously did not bother to check the facts. Religious zeal can make one foolish.
Thats a very stupid thing to say. I thought u had improved on ur use of language.
Re: Mocking God? by Pain(m): 7:28am On Mar 05, 2007
@Layi

I understand your zeal to prove the existence of God. He exists no doubt.

But I must tell u one fact, those posts arent proofs of HIS existence. Those guys would have still died anyway, just like we all will someday.

God is God. Yesterday Today & Tomorrow. He doest have to kill a man to prove HIS existence. HE is never in a rush. How long is the Life of man?

Its but a vapour. Sooner or later the proof stares us in the face at the point of death.

So please don't fuel doubts and agnosticism with posts of such nature. They love it.

I understand your zeal wink
Re: Mocking God? by Jobless(f): 6:39pm On Mar 09, 2007
You all have no work. I can't believe that one year later, you all are still arguing about that obvious crap that keeps circulating on the www thanks to ignorant Nigerians. I"ve received the one about Oprah and Tommy hilfiger like 50 times, the one about plastics and microwave like a 100 times, and the one about snakes in a ball pit in chucky cheese's in america biting a boy like a million times, all sent by my fellow Nigerians. I'm tired of getting all these stupid forwards. Please google these stupid mails before sending them out to people like they are gospel.
Re: Mocking God? by GenA1: 6:25pm On Mar 12, 2007
Whether or not these stories are true is not important. What IS important is that the Word of God does not change. We should all stop and think about that. "Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7
Re: Mocking God? by Richaado: 2:02pm On Jun 26, 2007
Hi Children of Most High God. Am inviting you all to my group called the LEGWORK BIBLE COMMENTATORS. If you are good in the scriptures and you know how to interpret verses, kindly join this group. The group uses the Legwork Forum to post topics on Bible Issues and reply them. Let Us grow in the Word by learning form one another

Kindly join now by clicking on the Link below:
http://groups.legwork.com.ng/pages/showgroup.aspx?id=10020&catId=1008
JESUS IS LORD
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 11:06pm On Jun 26, 2007
Gen A:

Whether or not these stories are true is not important.

I disagree. Not only would it be wrong to relay untruths in order to scare people into a religion, the content of the stories tell a lot about the thinking processes of the people who both make up the stories and pass them on.

What IS important is that the Word of God does not change.

Sure it does.

We should all stop and think about that. "Be not deceived, God is not mocked, for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." Galatians 6:7

I guess women get a free pass tongue
Re: Mocking God? by thesilent1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 27, 2007
oh gosh, i am going to have to make my next dissapearance a longer one to avoid all this. wink
Re: Mocking God? by cabali(m): 8:32am On Jul 10, 2007
@ layi, seun is the administrator, he is the only one allowed 2 use bad and verbally abusive language on nairalanders so lay off 4 our sake cos I like ur posts here.

u just might get banned 4 that.
Re: Mocking God? by femib26(m): 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2007
If you do, no big deal you just reincarnate and continue from where you left off!

[quote][/quote]

my friend, there is nothing like REINCARNATION. "It is appointed onto a man ONCE to die,after then, judgement".Any contrary view,belief,say e.t.c is a blatant lie.i say it with all surety!
Re: Mocking God? by analyt82(f): 6:42pm On Sep 05, 2007
I was actually alerted to this site by being forwarded the John Lennon mocking God, etc,   Everyone has a very interesting opinion. I love it b/c I'm very analytical. I've wanted to reply to so many posts, but I didn't want to take anything backwards.

The fact is that God cannot be mocked. if your not punished now theres always judgement day. its beta to believe in God and die to find out he doesn't exist than to live without God and die to find out he is real, '

LAYI it does make sense. Basically it states that even if you find that God doesn't exist, you will have lived a supposed fulfilling life, than to not believe in God, and doing what you know isn't right (according to the Word), and at the end on your deathbed, while asking or begging for forgiveness find out that he's real and you're not forgiven.

JOBLESS, it's not nice to call different ethnic groups ignorant. It's not nice. It only shows the depth of YOUR mind and thought process. If it bothers you so much, tell your friends not to forward it to you and so on . . . .

GEN A, You're right. The Word doesn't change. People change the word to fit their lifestyle and the things that they're doing.

KAG, The Word means "man", as in EVERYONE. Also as in, WoMAN.
Re: Mocking God? by analyt82(f): 6:44pm On Sep 05, 2007
Pain, your thread was nice. smiley
Re: Mocking God? by LoveKing(m): 10:08pm On Sep 08, 2007
Now to all

I have been reading the post starter for a while now.

The problem with atheists is that they dont just believe in the Christian God not God per say. now let me ask them. do you believe in existence of allah?do you believe in existence of buddha?
Even before people started having atheist belief, acient tribes and races long believed in a Supreme Being,more superior in strength and wisdom.
Aside from the misconceptions and misconstruity of Christianity and other religions, believe it or not,there's someone more Superior to you. the Astral world exists,the supernatural exists,and the Creator of these worlds exist.

Those stories may not be true coz they only mentioned "God",not his real name.

Just find him and i think Christianity is the best bet to lead you to Him. but never dare mock his name "JEHOVAH"
Re: Mocking God? by nferyn(m): 1:43pm On Sep 09, 2007
LoveKing:

Now to all

I have been reading the post starter for a while now.

The problem with atheists is that they don't just believe in the Christian God not God per say.
Why is that a problem?

LoveKing:

now let me ask them. do you believe in existence of allah?
Not at all. There is no reason to.

LoveKing:

do you believe in existence of buddha?
Yes. Siddhārtha Gautama was a historical person, so yes. That doesn't mean that I believe in most of the Buddhist doctrine, though.

LoveKing:

Even before people started having atheist belief,
I don't know how many times I need to repeat his: atheism is [b]not [/b]a belief. It is simply the lack of belief in god(s).

LoveKing:
acient tribes and races long believed in a Supreme Being,more superior in strength and wisdom.
What's your point? Does that fact that people believed in something give the belief any credence?

LoveKing:

Aside from the misconceptions and misconstruity of Christianity and other religions, believe it or not,there's someone more Superior to you.
Definitely. The force of nature is overwhelming. No need to assume a supernatural entity though.

LoveKing:

the Astral world exists,
Where's the evidence, my dear Watson, the evidence?

LoveKing:

the supernatural exists,
Does it now? And what, apart from your assertions (and possibly your lack of imagination), do you have to back up that claim?

LoveKing:

and the Creator of these worlds exist.
Which creator of which worlds are you talking about?

LoveKing:

Those stories may not be true because they only mentioned "God",not his real name.
Which stories?

LoveKing:

Just find him and i think Christianity is the best bet to lead you to Him.
Why?

LoveKing:

but never dare mock his name "JEHOVAH"
Do you mock the flying spaghetti monster? Better don't.
Re: Mocking God? by KAG: 1:03am On Sep 21, 2007
analyt82:

KAG, The Word means "man", as in EVERYONE. Also as in, WoMAN.

[KAG refuses to succumb to sarcasm] The smilie at the end of my sentence should have made it clear I was kidding. Anyway, thanks.
Re: Mocking God? by analyt82(f): 6:58pm On Sep 28, 2007
Sorry KAG, no offense intended!! wink
Re: Mocking God? by PASTORTONY: 2:37pm On Feb 02, 2009
Galatians 6: 7 speaks for itself. God cannot be mocked. it is so unfortunate that alot of people fear the devil more than they fear God. in africa when you say ” in the name of God” people will not take u serious , but when you say ” in the name of sango , amadioha, oloku etc” people will be shivering. God cannot be mocked… an internet commenter reacting to the fact above said God is not so wicked and vindictive , But i dire to say, no one that mock the name of God will go unpurnished.let us learn to fear God
it is also worth noting that God may not react imediately ,but he will surely reward those that mock him , in his own way…. if God be for us who can be against us?but thinkabout this …IF GOD BE AGAINST YOU, WHO CAN BE FOR YOU? Anselm ontolo a great philosopher said , and i agree with him " if the Being God is the highest conceivable being , then he must exit. what anselm means is that if YOUR MIND CAN CONCEIVE THE FACT THAT THERE MUST BE A BEING somewhere who is the ultimate , then such a being must be in existance, i think we should not loose the major focus of the article posted, let us fear God unless you believe he doe not exist.
i want to make it clear that God will not always purnish those who mock his name in the way that we humans want , but He sure has a way of doing his own thing. and it not only those that are listed above that mock God alot of people , even some christians do that, but lets not forget , you will reap what you sow anyhow. a GREAT SHOLAR SAID, IT IS BETTER I LIVE MY LIFE AS IF THERE IS GOD THAN TO LIVE MY LIFE AS IF THERE IS NO GOD , AND LATER FIND OUT THAT THERE IS GOD. BY SO DOING I HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE

PASTOR TONY OJAKOVO
SENIOR PASTOR,
WORLDSHOCKERS MINISTRIES,
+2348033604979
Re: Mocking God? by Owen2(m): 4:08am On Jul 09, 2009
ahhh the ever famous battle,
Re: Mocking God? by selencious(f): 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
He who hath ears, let him hear.
Re: Mocking God? by effopsgraisse(m): 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dont Be Deceived In Church Today Brethren. / Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body? / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.