Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,363 members, 7,836,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US (11755 Views)

Policemen Who Assaulted Tola Azeez Dismissed In Osun / Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. / 3 Policemen Dismissed In Lagos Over Assault On Asthmatic Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by dafeyankee: 9:51am On Oct 25, 2018
Thugnificent:
Nairalanders please someone should assist me with 3k for feeding biko because I'm not myself right now. At least to get strength for hustle. Hunger can really humble someone i swear. Acc 3051322969 first bank.

Bring your PVC or girlfriend for collateral.

2 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by Thugnificent(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2018
Crime doesn't pay
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by sylva1(m): 10:00am On Oct 25, 2018
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by Niftyrules(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2018
naptu2:
Alleged Rape: Libel Suit Against Former Nairalander, Sugabelly, Dismissed In The US

A lawsuit against former Nairalander, Lotanna Igwe Odunze, better known as Sugabelly, has been dismissed with prejudice.

Sugabelly was quite popular on Nairaland's Art & Graphics Section where she drew people and sold her sketches and phone cases and also on the Culture Section where she discussed Igbo culture. I also remember her epic battle with another Nairalander over Big Brother Africa shower hour in 2009. She deactivated her Nairaland account c2014.

She was also very famous/infamous on Nigerian Twitter. She had quite a lot of enemies on Twitter and she trended almost every weekend.

Her enemies hated her because

1) She once said that she went 3 weeks without bathing (because she was at NYSC orientation camp). Citizens of other countries that were engaged in twit fights with Nigerians used this claim as an example to show that Nigerians are dirty.

2) She claimed that she learnt HTML and CSS and how to code a website at age 9 in 1998. Her enemies claimed that this was a lie because CSS was only released in 1996 and registered for use in 1998. They claimed that she could not have learnt CSS & HTML at age 9 in Nigeria in 1998.

3) She further angered a lot of people when she posted a list of "Poverty Stricken People". The list contained the names of some of the most popular people on Nigerian Twitter.

Sugabelly had previously alleged that she had been raped, but her allegations did not trend on Twitter until 2015.

Prince Abubakar Audu had twice been the governor of Kogi State from January 1992 until November 1993 and the second from 29 May 1999 to 29 May 2003. He was running for governor again in 2015 on the platform of the APC.

In 2015 Sugabelly tweeted a heartfelt appeal to Nigerians not to vote for Abubakar Audu. She said that Audu's sons and their friends had serially raped her in 2007 when she was 17 and that members of that kind of family do not deserve to be elected into positions of authority. She mentioned Mustapha Audu and Abdul Ogohi (son of former Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral Ogohi) as the ring leaders in the alleged rape. Here is her blog containing her allegations.

"Surviving Mustapha Audu, and his Rape Brigade" by Sugabelly
https://sugabellyrocks.com/2015/11/surviving-mustapha-audu-and-his-rape-brigade.html

Nigerian Twitter caught fire after she twitted her allegations. Some Twitter users sympathised with her, but others, particularly her many enemies, used it as an opportunity to attack her. Here are some of the Nairaland threads about the allegations.

How Abubakar Audu's Sons Serially Raped A Young Girl Years Back.
https://www.nairaland.com/2756458/how-abubakar-audus-sons-serially#40325803

Email Exchange Between Sugabelly And Mustapha Audu 
https://www.nairaland.com/2767102/email-exchange-between-sugabelly-mustapha

Sugabelly Alleged Rape: A Pure Case Of Blackmail, Intimidation And Lies
https://www.nairaland.com/2767472/sugabelly-alleged-rape-pure-case

Even Oby Ezekwesili’s Sons Know I Am Not A Rapist, Mustapha Audu Tells His Story
https://www.nairaland.com/2768412/even-oby-ezekwesilis-sons-know#40489863

Oby Ezekwesili Tweets About Sugabelly
https://www.nairaland.com/2766917/oby-ezekwesili-tweets-sugabelly-photo#40463028

In 2017 Mustapha Audu sued Sugabelly for libel in the United States (where she lives) and the court eventually dismissed the charges with prejudice. Costs were also awarded to Sugabelly. Sugabelly has not tweeted since May 2017.

The former Chairman of the Nigerian Human Rights Commission, Chidi Odinkalu, tweeted about the case.

"Sugabelly Vindicated"

Chidi Odinkalu @ChidiOdinkalu

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChidiOdinkalu/status/1055010510352121856

I dont know why i have to read this. What exactly do i need it for? Somebori help me.

You'd better read the better version of your story now https:///2QAempG
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by RichDad1(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2018
dafeyankee:

I think I followed the rape story briefly,and her inconsistencies in the way she wrote it. I felt she lied then,and I still feel she is a born liar.

I think this Sugarbelly girl was just craving attention and her 5 minutes of fame are gone.

She deactivated in 2014, and I think that is where she belongs to.

People like her don't last.
So Lotanna is Naptu?it has to be you. There are thousands that have deactivated since 2014 from Nairaland. You have not kept track of them,why this one?
Lol cheesy
You obviously don’t know who Naptu2 is. cool
Lotanna ko, Lantern ni

2 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by VULCAN(m): 10:47am On Oct 25, 2018
Your first paragraph made sense but your second didn't.

That's cause you went over your head.

No President in the history of the US has ever rubbished the FBI the way Trump has and Kavanaugh was his pick.

I don't need to add anything more

edgecution:
Audu should have known he won't win the case....he's black. They will always paint a Blackman as a monster in Usa.

He would have won if he's white even if FBI investigates. If you don't believe me as Kavanaugh.
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by Minjim: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2018
Former Nairalander kwa!
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by NoToPile: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2018
What I do find amazing on this thread is that naptu is accused of being sugarbelly

grin grin grin

I still remember that her matter online, whether its true or not only God knows but people were just bashing her everywhere, same thing they did with Ese walters higher level of grace case.

I was discussing this sugarbelly issue with a friend like 2years back about how the whole accusations, that discussion led her to tell me how she was raped too, she couldnt tell anyone about it because she was the one that visited the guy, this was years later after the incident.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by blank(f): 12:13pm On Oct 25, 2018
HungerMustGo:
I hate when men are charged and victimized for rape just because a lady accused them without any shred of proof.
Such matters should be carefully investigated and where its just words without evidence case should be suspended till evidence is made available.

I also hate when men rape innocent women and get away with it due to a lack of evidence.

There is a very thin line.

He is not disputing that they had sex, he was saying it was consensual. But how do you have consensual sex with an underage child?

1 Like

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by ComeAndobo: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2018
The OP did a great job with the introduction and summary. E breakdown every every
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by CapussoSeba: 2:06pm On Oct 25, 2018
smiley
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by FisifunKododada: 2:28pm On Oct 25, 2018
cool
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by Daisy17: 3:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
blank:

He is not disputing that they had sex, he was saying it was consensual. But how do you have consensual sex with an underage child?

The first sensible comment I have read on this thread. In Africa, people do not realize that it is against the law to have sex with a minor. A minor cannot consent.

1 Like

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by Pataricatering(f): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2018
For rape to be real the victim must have kept quite about it ? This doesn't sound like the usual trash you write under the guise of being witty ! This sounds more like the way you actually reason ! Very daft comment
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For obvious reasons;
This is one subject I won't want to get involved with.
I just know both parties enjoyed the sex and Sugarbelly even came twice and nearly squirted.
But it's sad how quickly sex changes to rape.

It's so easy to tag sex rape just to attract sympathy when you are a lady.
Today, rape is overstated and blown out of context.

Research has proven that real rape victims never talk about it so freely because they are emotionally scarred from thinking it was somehow their fault.

Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by edgecution(m): 10:08pm On Oct 25, 2018
VULCAN:
Your first paragraph made sense but your second didn't.

That's cause you went over your head.

No President in the history of the US has ever rubbished the FBI the way Trump has and Kavanaugh was his pick.

I don't need to add anything more

[/b]

Kavanaugh would have been stopped if he were to be a black man.
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by naptu2: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2018
Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. 
https://www.nairaland.com/4813199/rape-scandal-mustapha-sued-me
Re: Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US by meobizy(f): 10:58am On Oct 28, 2018
I will write the same comment I made under the many threads concerning this story: abeg shift, I'm passing through. Nothing concern me with this one matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5boys Gangrape An Abia State University Girl And Tape It / Boko Haram: Army Recovers Sect’s Overseas Military Training Videos / 64-Year-Old Carpenter Arrested For Defiling A 6-Year-Old Girl In Ikorodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.