Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,358 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. (24127 Views)

#JusticeForElizabeth: Abdulmumuni Danga & Elizabeth Rape Scandal. Danga Released / Rape Scandal: Lawsuit Against Sugabelly Dismissed In The US / Francis Nwaze In Rape Scandal With Esther Odinakachi, Facebook Friend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by naptu2: 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mustapha Sued Me

by SUGABELLY
on October 27, 2018 at 3:35 am

I’m unfamiliar with the magnitude of impunity required to unlock delusions of omnipotence, but I suppose when you’ve dug yourself this deep into a bottomless pit, digging your way to China seems anything but.

Even if I had not won this lawsuit, which I did win; the facts remain true and unchangeable. Nevertheless, I am happy to have been legally vindicated through the outcome of this litigation, and I feel it is of the utmost importance to clarify and bring to light the following important details of this case.

It has been bandied about, that Mustapha withdrew from his lawsuit against me because it was struck out due to the anti-SLAPP statute. This is a lie as Mustapha was given the go ahead by the Judge to amend his complaint against me, and he was free and clear to continue his legal proceedings against me  for the same issue for which he sued me.

We had already exchanged witness lists, evidence lists, and discovery interrogatory responses in preparation for our ultimate procession towards trial when he dropped the case.

He had plenty of time and opportunity since May to drop the case, when the anti-SLAPP statute was fully addressed, but he did not until four months later, at the dying minute of the deadline when we were due to submit our evidence to the court.

The deadline for me to finish submitting my Discovery evidence was September 26.

Mustapha withdrew the case on September 21. Five days before the deadline.

[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2018/10/2018-10-27-18-26-45.png[/img]

[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2018/10/2018-10-27-18-27-27.png[/img]

[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2018/10/2018-10-27-18-28-04.png[/img]

[img]http://naijachronicles.files./2018/10/2018-10-27-18-28-48.png[/img]

By every measure, Mustapha had no good reason to drop the case at the time which he did. He has the money to pursue the case. He has the feckless supporters. He certainly has the time. What he did not have, which I do, is detailed and irrefutable documentation of what he and his friends did to me.

I quote Mustapha’s own wife directly, when she tweeted publicly in response to my account, that they had so much evidence proving I was lying.

Zahra Audu’s lies

I mean, I know you want to defend your husband but receive sense please.

Okay, you sued. And you LOST. I won.

Don’t call bluff if you can’t back it up, because I can.

Unfortunately, as I have firsthand experience of being a rape victim, I regret to report there is nothing enjoyable about it at all.

For years, I have been forced to remain silent about the additional evidence in my possession, and look on as my reputation was sullied beyond redemption because of the spectre of this possibly going to court.

Mustapha withdrew from this case without accomplishing any of the following in filing this frivolous lawsuit against me, namely:

⏺He failed to prove that I defamed him.

⏺He failed to get me to recant my statement or apologise.

⏺He failed to get me to delete my blog post.

⏺He failed to get the court to punish me by awarding him damages.

⏺He failed to prove I defamed Bashir.The court threw Bashir off the case as his claim against me was frivolous.

⏺He failed to call any witnesses who could disprove my account of what he did. In fact, the majority of the “witnesses” Mustapha listed were the same men whom I had previously stated raped me.

⏺The court ordered BOTH Mustapha and Bashir to pay my legal fees in the amount of $34,272.19

⏺Mustapha withdrew the case WITH PREJUDICE meaning he can never sue me for saying / writing he and his friends raped me again.

In other words, Mustapha Audu backed down from HIS OWN lawsuit against me with absolutely NOTHING he requested from the court.

My original blog post and subsequent tweets about Mustapha and his friends are still publicly available, and I must call everyone’s attention to the fact that they do not contain even 1% of everything they did. The blog post was over 3000 words long, and it was only a brief summary of what happened in 2007.

If his legal costs can be assumed to be anything similar to mine, then it can be surmised that Mustapha has paid north of $70,000 to achieve nothing.

So, imagine my shock when in the midst of at long last preparing to go to trial to defend my name and reputation with the truth, to be notified that he was suddenly abandoning the case.

There was no out of court settlement between Mustapha and I, nor did I request one.

He did not demand any concessions of me to drop the case, nor did I make any.

It is my concluded opinion that the case was withdrawn strategically to prevent the evidence I have being entered into public court record for anybody to see, as it would be obvious to all upon viewing the evidence, that I was telling the truth, and that everything I said about what they did and more is true.

I did not concede to any demands from Mustapha.

I stand by all of my previous statements and accusations of him and his friends.

I DO NOT apologise.

I attest to the truth of everything I said, and I will never, ever recant.

I waited almost eight years to put this behind me and move forward with my life, and it has now stolen ten years from me.

No innocent person with all the resources he has at his disposal would fail to see a case through to its ultimate conclusion, in the pursuit of clearing their good name.

Yet unfathomably, Mustapha felt it better to let the supposed stigma, ostracism, and distress he ostensibly suffers from being “falsely” accused of raping me, hang over his head and reputation forever, rather than produce any cogent evidence that I am “lying” in court.

He failed miserably, and I am victorious.

https://sugabellyrocks.com/2018/10/mustapha-sued-me.html

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by atiku4President(m): 7:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
Noted
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Born2Breed(f): 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
I thought everyone one claimed she was lying but she has been vindicated. The Audu's should be ashamed of themselves.
Family of rapists.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by miqos02(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
Congrats
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Rumicarter: 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
I'm glad she got justice at last.
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Onlyfrozenjim(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
All this kinda issue just taya mi
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by datopaper(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
Rape issue is serious case.
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by kygo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 27, 2018
I don't even know how to react to posts like this... Aunty no vex..if you no win them for court go do juju

3 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by BruncleZuma: 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by kygo(m): 8:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
datopaper:
R
R for red oil?
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by kosibir: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
This is getting very interesting. imagine!
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Ayoswit(f): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
Hmmm, Rape cases is becoming a daily issue in Nigeria.
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Obierika(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
I thought this matter had been sorted out since
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by TechCapon(m): 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
This mumu girl is back again just to seek attention. Lemme just drive pass grin

12 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by babyfaceafrica: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
so we should boil water?
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by tikitudoja: 8:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
good justice at last

2 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by ednut1(m): 8:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
My dear u lived a wayward live. U cannot be claiming rape when na u dey carry pussy go meet him and his goons. Just gerahere

17 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by babyfaceafrica: 8:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
this is super story

1 Like

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by CheapDataGuy: 8:20pm On Oct 27, 2018
cool
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by realvikash: 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
undecided
You won kee person ??

5 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Apina(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
To those shouting she's been vindicated, please, where did the court pass that very judgment? In all she said, I couldn't pick out where and how she was raped, as that individual rightly pointed out on Twitter, her story is simply one of BDSM. This issue has been over flogged, Seun and Co, stop pushing this to front page undecided

10 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by hahahahahaha(m): 8:21pm On Oct 27, 2018
I learnt that this guys are Nairalanders. Which section are they from?
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2018
Oloshoo!!
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by inkdel8: 8:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
Who's sugarbelly self?
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by PearlStreet(m): 8:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
TechCapon:
This mumu girl is back again just to seek attention. Lemme just drive pass grin

May your daughter and sisters suffer what she has been through.

8 Likes

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by anochuko01(m): 8:31pm On Oct 27, 2018
can somebody open and loudly read The Genesis 1:1 of this story please.

1 Like

Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
Please o I couldn't read cos it was too long.... Can someone who read it explain to me what it is about
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by iamvictorbassey: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
W
Re: Rape Scandal: "Mustapha Sued Me", By Sugabelly. by DOHNJOHN2566: 8:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
I sell iPhone,MacBook,Brand New and Yankee used Affordable prices
...DM #WhatsApp 2348136552892

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Uwa: UNIBEN SUG, NANS, UCC, Others For Massive Solidarity March (Photos) / Amotekun Arrests A Male Kidnapper Dressed As A Woman In Ondo (Video) / Nigerian Fraudster Arrested In India For Fake International Airlines Jobs Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.