Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,147 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Violence - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence (3471 Views)

Pastor Michale Matthew: "I Dumped My Marriage Over Domestic Violence" / “domestic Violence Can’t Be Cured” – Woman As She Walks Out Of Her Marriage / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence by Eketem: 9:04pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:

I have stopped eating in house even water I don't drink again and I have equally stopped giving her stipend for her up keeps thinking she will just vex and park out but this is not working out

Go and make a formal report at the police station and change the locks in the house
Re: Violence by carammel(f): 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
pooozeee:
This would be the 3rd time my wife would attack me with two kitchen knives on her hand, threatening to stab me.

Now I want a divorce, each time I tell her to park out of my home, she resists

I have heard about couples fighting and eventually, the husband gets killed by the wife thru the knife.

I don't want this to happen to me, I want a peaceful separation but don't know how to really go about it.

Pls, kindly advice me.

Has she always been like this?
What leads to her threatening you with knives always?
[s]Are you the type that provokes your woman emotionally and still expect her to behave normal?[/s]

Whatever answer you give will not matter anymore because, from your comments, you are fed up of her already.
Good luck living with the next woman. wink

1 Like

Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 12:02am On Oct 26, 2018
LadySarah:
She has ur child and won't pack out to anywhere.You are the man,go to the police and report first.Then call her ppl to know what's going on.

She needs to be taken to a mental hospital.Pack ur bags and leave for them. You must have a friend you can squat with or visit the church where you pay your tithe,let them give you accommodation for now until everything is sorted out.

I'm also sure you are 60% responsible for what is going on.
What is causing the quarrel?

Even if I am responsible for what is happening, is it suppose to lead to the extend of stabbing with a knife, 3 days ago she almost stabbed me, even threatened to stabb me in the eye.

1 Like

Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2018
carammel:

Has she always been like this?
What leads to her threatening you with knives always?
[s]Are you the type that provokes your woman emotionally and still expect her to behave normal?[/s]

Whatever answer you give will not matter anymore because, from your comments, you are fed up of her already.
Good luck living with the next woman. wink

Whatever I might have said wrong to her, I don't deserve that threat, when I never in my live threatened to stabb her.

1 Like

Re: Violence by Lucifer66(m): 12:22am On Oct 26, 2018
pooozeee:

Even if I am responsible for what is happening, is it suppose to lead to the extend of stabbing with a knife, 3 days ago she almost stabbed me, even threatened to stabb me in the eye.

No offence but you're a fool. If a woman had tried to stab me or threatened to stab me in the eye, I would throw her out of house after breaking her skull.
What rubbish is this?
Threatening to kill me? I hope you don't have kids yet.
Re: Violence by Boss13: 1:59am On Oct 26, 2018
pooozeee:

How can I park out of my house, sounds absurd, she would rather pack out for me

Or she would rather have you dead. Your choice.
Re: Violence by Eketem: 5:42am On Oct 26, 2018
I think the op is just trolling, he expected different responses so he can abuse women.

If he is not I don't understand why he has rejected all practical solutions and is just going back and forth bickering

6 Likes

Re: Violence by Seahawk: 6:33am On Oct 26, 2018
You have all the advice you need here. Don’t play light with domestic violence.

1 Like

Re: Violence by LadySarah: 7:17am On Oct 26, 2018
pooozeee:

No sir,it shouldn't but when there's a mental issue going on,even something as simple as a greeting will prompt that.

She is fighting some inner demons,don't let her use you to stew it.

I'm sire by now you are typing this away from home.

Life has no duplicate
Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 7:30am On Oct 26, 2018
Divorce is not an easy thing to do, it is easier said than done, I no most of you won't do it too, a child is attached, think about the trauma the child will go thru seeing her mum alone and not seeing her dad everyday, that is what I am thinking of
Re: Violence by Chubhie: 8:18am On Oct 26, 2018
What would've driven your once sweetheart to the point of mutiny,insurgency and obliteration? Don't you think she would've walked away with your child if she's empowered and have the means?

Just like you have no place to run to apart from your house. She's already dead without you. It really takes premium willpower to stage a comeback from this level of heartbreak.

As an oldman, I've come to appreciate the fact that your woman is garbage in garbage out. You have the keys to unlock and configure her to anything you so wish. Enjoy your creation brother.

2 Likes

Re: Violence by Eketem: 8:26am On Oct 26, 2018
pooozeee:
Divorce is not an easy thing to do, it is easier said than done, I no most of you won't do it too, a child is attached, think about the trauma the child will go thru seeing her mum alone and not seeing her dad everyday, that is what I am thinking of

When she kills you and goes to prison shebi the child will be seeing you everyday!

Meanwhile people have said go to police and report let her sign undertaken is that also too hard to do?
Re: Violence by Chubhie: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2018
pooozeee:

How can I park out of my house, sounds absurd, she would rather pack out for me

What is honey for A should also taste as honey for B. I see no fairness nor justice in your position. Our ancestors stand against you.

3 Likes

Re: Violence by Ranchhoddas: 10:43am On Oct 26, 2018
Is she physically stronger than you?

Only a woman who has no scintilla of fear would do that.

Go and buy your own knives. The next time she tries it draw yours and threaten a bloodbath in the strongest possible way. She must get the sense that she is in danger. Stop only when you see the fear in her eyes.

When you are done, firmly ask for a divorce.
She will quickly sign whatever papers you present to her.

Violence must be neutralized with violence!
Re: Violence by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2018
Ranchhoddas:
Is she physically stronger than you?

Only a woman who has no scintilla of fear would do that.

Go and buy your own knives. The next time she tries it draw yours and threaten a bloodbath in the strongest possible way. She must get the sense that she is in danger. Stop only when you see the fear in her eyes.

When you are done, firmly ask for a divorce.
She will quickly sign whatever papers you present to her.

Violence must be neutralized with violence!

What nonsense is this?

6 Likes

Re: Violence by Ranchhoddas: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2018
VolTOxic:

What nonsense is this?
Great things come in strange packages!
Re: Violence by pooozeee(m): 8:03am On Nov 03, 2018
Successfully divorced
Re: Violence by Ishilove: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2018
pooozeee:
Successfully divorced
How were you able to achieve this?
Re: Violence by cjeriia: 12:59pm On Nov 03, 2018
pooozeee:
This would be the 3rd time my wife would attack me with two kitchen knives on her hand, threatening to stab me.

Now I want a divorce, each time I tell her to pack out of my home, she resist

I have heard about couples fighting and eventually the husband gets killed by the wife thru the knife.

I don't want this to happen to me, I want a peaceful separation but don't know how to really go about it.

Pls kindly advice me.

Quietly pack d personal belongings you need & move as far away as possible from her. The other side of her current world won't even b far enuf if you really don't wanna get killed in d heat of argument 1 day
Re: Violence by CanadianNaija: 6:56pm On Nov 03, 2018
pooozeee:

Why are you here seeking advice then?

Please go and solve your family matter, seems you're just here attention seeking.
Re: Violence by frozen70(f): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2018
Firstly, be calm and behave as if nothing happens

Plan on how to pack out of the house

Get an apartment and come when she is not around, pack the properties that you know very well that you bought with your money

Don't take the children from her she might develop mental issues

If you already have her account number send allowance to her 2 times a month

Whatever you think you can afford divide it into two and send it every two weeks

Call her parents and tell them what has been happening and the decision you took and your reason for packing out is for peace to rain

If they invite you for peace talk tell them you need enough time to get over what she did to you

Keep prosponing them until either you make up your mind to leave with her or you end the marriage

If her rent expies don't pay. Let her be the one to sort herself out and the way and manner she is going to do it, shouldn't be your concern

While all these are going on fix yourself and be happy

Life has no duplicate
Re: Violence by extremelygolden: 6:07pm On Nov 04, 2018
Op, since you have refused all the good advise given to you, kindly let us have your full name so that when she finally stabs you and we read it on the dailies or online, we will not bother cracking our head on who you are.

People advised that you should pack out of the house, at least temporarily until you find a way round the matter, you said no!

Someone said go back to your wife's family and collect back the bride price you paid, you don't want to make up your mind on that, etc.

Now, what advise are you really expecting to hear?
Re: Violence by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:46am On Nov 21, 2018
extremelygolden:
Op, since you have refused all the good advise given to you, kindly let us have your full name so that when she finally stabs you and we read it on the dailies or online, we will not bother cracking our head on who you are.

People advised that you should pack out of the house, at least temporarily until you find a way round the matter, you said no!

Someone said go back to your wife's family and collect back the bride price you paid, you don't want to make up your mind on that, etc.

Now, what advise are you really expecting to hear?

He has divorced already. He wrote it up there.
Re: Violence by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:46am On Nov 21, 2018
pooozeee:
Successfully divorced
Re: Violence by coolcatty: 7:27am On Nov 21, 2018
Kingzy4pep:
He has divorced already. He wrote it up there.

lol..that guy is a troll...nobody divorces in 6months sef..even with life threatening issues and violence..the court will always leave room for negotiations and reconciliation...that guy is a kid with free data and cheap phone.
Re: Violence by PSTEMMA1960(m): 10:53am On Nov 21, 2018
Katier00:
I have this crazy idea. Get her some nice flowers and take her out on a date, then while you are at it, excuse yourself and run as your legs can carry you and change your house keys. On a serious note try to admit her in to a facility cos she sick.mental illness is real. Help her get help
ewo, my chest ooooo... U are very wicked...
Re: Violence by Katier00(f): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
ewo, my chest ooooo... U are very wicked...
grin grin grin ;DD na you sabi

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What I Made For My Daughter Just To Stay At Home (photos) / Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) / 10 Wife Duties To Avoid With Boyfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.