Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,073 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake (3094 Views)

In Abia: Man Butchers Sister,Buries Brother Alive, Then Runs Away(photos) / Motorcycle Thief Stripped Unclad In Abia (photos) / Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by MrFire: 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2010
Nairalander Ezeuche is right after all about kidnapping incidences in Abia being concentrated in ngwaland. For those who do not know, like other Nigerian states, Abia is divided into 3 zones: north central and south. The south is completely ngwa (and their ukwa cousins) while the central comprise of half-ngwa half-umuahians, and the north comprise of Arochukwu, Ohafia and their Bende and okigwe (Isuikwuato) neighbours. Between them, the north and central (umuahia part) have produced all abia leaders of Abia origin, to the exclusion of the south and the part of the central that is ngwa. Yet, the south produces all the oil that makes Abia an oil-producing state. Ngwa people decided to draw attention to their political plight by involving in illegalities including kidnapping and armed robbery. It is clear that 90 % of all the kidnappings, armed robberies, baby manufacturing and human rituals that take place in Abia state come from the ngwa axis. I have just been informed that the reason, especially for the recent spate of kidnappings and bank robberies, is to discredit the current governor (who is from the central but non-ngwa), make him appear incompetent and thus, ineligible to continue in 2011. The Ngwa have decided to use all means possible to them to actualize their age-long desire to rule in Abia. Interestingly, Abia has a zoning formular that guarantees an ngwa the governoship in 2015. Why they would not wait until then can only be imagined. The police is not helping matters by not naming all the kidnappers they have arrested and their villages in ngwaland. Residents of Abia north and non-ngwa Abia central live in relative peace and security compared to those in ngwaland. Ngwa people are destroying Abia state, in particular, and Igboland in general. I know that there is kidnapping in other parts of Nigeria perpetrated by non ngwas (and non Igbos at large), but am concerned about Abia because I have inlaws from ngwa and cousins whose maternal homes are in ngwaland. I appreciate that they have been marginalized politically in Abia, just like Igbos are marginalized politically in Nigeria since after the war but that is no excuse to seek to bring Abia into such disrepute. As state creation kicks off, I pray that ngwas will get a state of their own so they can rule themselves to their heart's content. For now, all kidnappers should be rounded up and dealt the appropriate punishment. Meanwhile, Onovo should resign and give a more competent cop the opportunity to salvage the situation.

Summary: the spate of kidnappings in Abia is politically motivated by ngwas to discredit non-ngwa rulership and take power in 2011.

Signed:

Mr. Fire
Bonafide Igbo
I have no state in Igboland (I simply come from Igboland)
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by sjeezy8: 6:35pm On Jul 17, 2010
ok . . . whats the point of making this topic?

Mr Fire:

It is clear that 90 % of all the kidnappings, armed robberies, baby manufacturing and human rituals that take place in Abia state come from the ngwa axis. I have just been informed that the reason, especially for the recent spate of kidnappings and bank robberies, is to discredit the current governor (who is from the central but non-ngwa), make him appear incompetent and thus, ineligible to continue in 2011. The Ngwa have decided to use all means possible to them to actualize their age-long desire to rule in Abia. Interestingly, Abia has a zoning formular that guarantees an ngwa the governoship in 2015.

you know I thought that some igbo were only paranoid about yorubas, hausa, hmm some ijaws but this topic takes the cake yo .
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by MrFire: 6:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
^^^^^
This is kidnapping in Abia. I am not addressing kidnapping in Ondo, Ekiti, Lagos, Edo, etc. That will come later. So stop moaning in your sleep
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by sjeezy8: 6:44pm On Jul 17, 2010
lol

this is nairaland- not biafraland or igbo only website. I think there even a biafraland - so why discuss it here?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 6:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin

I said it once and I shall say it again, what do we do with the NGWA problem?

Only a Ngwa knows his own terrain so that is why they have been able to kidnap a large number o f people and not get caught. We must solve the Ngwa problem before it is too late.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 7:12pm On Jul 17, 2010
Here are some things Ohnuhnu can do about this 'Ngwa problem'.

1. The simplest of all, pack and move out.
2. The most difficult of all, listen to what the Ngwa want to say.
3. Maybe try addressing the problem as an Abia problem. . . will that kill you?
4. Expedite the excommunication of Ngwa from Abia and Igbo (this seems to be the road we're taking here).

Something must soon be done about this 'Ngwa problem' before it goes completely out of hand.

Mr Fire:

The Ngwa have decided to use all means possible to them to actualize their age-long desire to rule in Abia.
Mr. Igbo sir, it really seems to me that you might want to hire new informants, as well as find a new basis for your reasoning, because the above quote is completely off.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Here are some things Ohnuhnu can do about this 'Ngwa problem'.

1. The simplest of all, pack and move out.
2. The most difficult of all, listen to what the Ngwa want to say.
3. Maybe try addressing the problem as an Abia problem. . . will that kill you?
4. Expedite the excommunication of Ngwa from Abia and Igbo (this seems to be the road we're taking here).

Something must soon be done about this 'Ngwa problem' before it goes completely out of hand.
Mr. Igbo sir, it really seems to me that you might want to hire new informants, as well as find a new basis for your reasoning, because the above quote is completely off.

You Ngwa Igbo will never rule Abia! Not in a million years. Until your people show that you can control your youth, there will be NO STATE nor will one of your own become a governor. Clean up your own house before you start making demands to other Igbo groups within Abia! angry
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 7:17pm On Jul 17, 2010
EzeUche:

You Ngwa Igbo will never rule Abia! Not in a million years. Until your people show that you can control your youth, there will be NO STATE nor will one of your own become a governor. Clean up your own house before you start making demands to other Igbo groups within Abia!  angry
Lack of knowledge.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by MrFire: 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN,

First off, I am not from Abia, but I will recant my post above if you explain to me why virtually all the criminality in Abia is  centred in Ngwaland. They are not the poorest Abians. Kidnapping and armed robbery aside, visit a village called umumkpeyi in Obioma Ngwa and see how baby factories litter the place. These people have bought over the police in that area, hence they perpetrate their evil unstoppably.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by MrFire: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2010
Ezeuche
Your ngwa will never rule Abia mantra can be translated to Igbo can never rule Nigeria. The purpose of this thread is not to villify ngwas, but as the saying goes, we have to know where and at what time water get into the pipe of the melon plant.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 8:49pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Lack of knowledge.

The lack of knowledge is from you. Someone who has never stepped foot in Igboland.

I am starting to think that you are an Osu. I never heard of a true son of Igboland never visiting Alaigbo unless they are [b]Osu [/b]and their family do not want them to learn that dark secret.

And if you are an Osu or Oru, you can never speak on behalf of Igbo
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 8:51pm On Jul 17, 2010
Mr. Igbo, I can only infer as to why criminality is pervasive in ala Ngwa, and the inferences I would make have already been made by others countless times, BUT that is not my reason for posting here. I'm here to address what you Ohnuhnu can do about this Ngwa problem, as well as the basis for your reasoning to begin with (you claiming that we have a long-standing desire to rule Abia), which is entirely off. I guess I can pardon you though, because you say that you are not from Abia. So it would be safe to presume that you may not know much about the root of Abia politics.

So I'll repeat, there are ways that you Ohnuhnu can address the problem.
1. The simplest of all, pack and move out; leave ala Ngwa.
2. The most difficult of all, actually listen to what the Ngwa want to say.
3. Maybe try addressing the problem as an Abia problem. . . would that kill you?
4. Expedite the excommunication of Ngwa from Abia and Igbo (this seems to be the road we're unconsciously taking here).

So, let's address the problem. I feel that the best option to chose would be #4. It would not take a lot to accomplish #4, as compared to the other options. It would also serve as a way to quarantine this 'Ngwa problem'. It would also relieve the Igbo of the Ngwa blemish, tarnishing their name. It would be a rather quick solution and leave the Igbo with nothing to worry about.

grin That is the funniest post you've directed at me, EzeUche. Can we just address this 'Ngwa problem'? No need to make this personal.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 8:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

grin That is the funniest post you've directed at me, EzeUche. Can we just address this 'Ngwa problem'? No need to make this personal.

Do you deny being an osu? If you do, then give me your name and the village you hail from and I will have investigators in Abia find the truth for you.

You can't talk on behalf of the Ngwa since you are not a native son of Ngwaland. Just Ngwa by descent. I never seen a Ngwa deny being wholly Igbo.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by redsun(m): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2010
Quasi-tribal fracas,nigeria.There is always something,someone or some people to blame for our incompetence
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by AndreUweh(m): 9:20pm On Jul 17, 2010
Biko anyi choro udo.
Lets hope one day an Ngwaman will be the governor of Abia state. They are educated and has got it takes to produce a governor. It is a matter of time and patience.
It is wrong to call some one an osu. All the states in eastern Nigeria has this enshrined in its laws.
Osu also is not an Igbowide issue, there are some communities that do not know what osu is all about, and Chinenye might not know either.
There are other Igbo groups aside Ngwas who want states of their own, yet they have not resulted to barbaric ways of achieving it. Aniomas since 1951, have wished for their own state but in a non violent and criminal way.
Whatever Chinenye writes here should not been seen as the opinion of Ngwa people.
UDO DILI UNU.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 9:33pm On Jul 17, 2010
Andre Uweh,

You are right, it is in our laws not to call someone an osu, but we all know the old ways are still here. If you have one drop of osu blood in you, we all know how those people are treated. Just go to Enugu and you will see. Many osu have been forced to flee the east and move to Lagos or the West. The sad thing is that these same Osu do not tell their children, the real reason why they don't go home. The ostracism is too much.

Concerning Chinenye, the way he talks makes me angry. I have never seen a Ngwa man talk in such terms. That being said, he doesn't speak for Ngwa since he has never been to Ngwaland. Ngwas in the states are very disconnected from events at home. They believe every news story.

But I do find it strange, a guy that speaks/writes Igbo so fluently has never been to Alaigbo. What is his excuse?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Dede1(m): 9:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
I must state since the creation of Abia State, no Ngwa person has been the governoer of Abia State. Yet the state known as “God’s Own” has deteriorated into national laughing stock. If swift political indictments should be handed to individuals who had opportunity to correct issues in Abia State, Ngwa person could be very hard to be located on the list.

Most Ndigbo are fond of displaying self-righteousness on national issues that never started and will not end with them. Kidnapping has manifested into a social reality in Nigeria and it did not start in Igbo land. Anybody who builds argument and levels blame based on the alleged information streaming from kidnapers is a bloody fool.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by AndreUweh(m): 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2010
EzeUche:

Andre Uweh,

You are right, it is in our laws not to call someone an osu, but we all know the old ways are still here. If you have one drop of osu blood in you, we all know how those people are treated. Just go to Enugu and you will see. Many osu have been forced to flee the east and move to Lagos or the West. The sad thing is that these same Osu do not tell their children, the real reason why they don't go home. The ostracism is too much.

Concerning Chinenye, the way he talks makes me angry. I have never seen a Ngwa man talk in such terms. That being said, he doesn't speak for Ngwa since he has never been to Ngwaland. Ngwas in the states are very disconnected from events at home. They believe every news story.

But I do find it strange, a guy that speaks/writes Igbo so fluently has never been to Alaigbo. What is his excuse?
The way he writes may be annoying, but in the spirit of oneness, forgive him. The other day, he labelled me an Igbo town crier, yet I forgave him. Those guys on the other great devide knows what I can unleash on them when they do something similar to that.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2010
I really don't understand why you all love to make things personal. Anyway, the issue of whether or not I speak for anyone has already been addressed, by me even. So that shouldn't even be a question. Also, I'm not sure where you all are still getting this idea of me denying Igbo. I've stated countless times that I'm proud Igbo. . what don't you all get? Anyway, this isn't about me. I came here to discuss how Ohnuhnu can address this Ngwa problem, raised by an Ohnuhnu, and what I get are Ohnuhnu people turning this into something personal.

Can we just discuss the topic? Is that so difficult?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ezeagu(m): 10:05pm On Jul 17, 2010
Why would people not kidnap with the state of Nigeria today? How is one Igbo group responsible for all of Igboland's problems when armed robbers are coming from Arochukwu and Enugu State is just as bad if not worse than Abia with the rate of kidnappings? Is the Nigerian Police not being suspected of aiding the crimes?

People need to show respect to the Ngwa who have the most relevant Igbo city in their land right now apart from Port Harcourt (which is a 'no-man's-land' anyway), call it what you want.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by asha80(m): 10:06pm On Jul 17, 2010
Foolish thread
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Abagworo(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN link=topic=480874.msg6403231#msg6403231 date=1279396272
So I'll repeat, there are ways that you Ohnuhnu can address the problem.
1. The simplest of all, pack and move out; leave ala Ngwa.
2. The most difficult of all, actually listen to what the Ngwa want to say.
3. Maybe try addressing the problem as an Abia problem. . . would that kill you?
4. Expedite the excommunication of Ngwa from Abia and Igbo (this seems to be the road we're unconsciously taking here).

[/quote][quote author=ezeagu:

People need to show respect to the Ngwa who have the most relevant Igbo city in their land right now apart from Port Harcourt (which is a 'no-man's-land' anyway), call it what you want.

@chinenyen.that statement is extremely disgusting.the ngwas are quite dependent on land sales because of high cost of land in aba.if your so-called ohnuhnus leave,who will buy your land?already i dont think any non-ngwa will likely invest in aba for the next 2 years.

@ezeagu.the relevance of aba is as a result of its proximity to core oil producing areas and as a transit root.of what relevance is aba now that we no longer go there to buy nor travel through aba routes?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Abagworo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
there is a behavioral pattern,i have noticed amongst igbo groups that were luckily endowed by circumstances.they look for ways to alienate themselves from the larger igbo and keep laying emphasis on their little differences.onitshas,ngwas and ikwerres possess land hosting large cities while the others are the ones with crude oil.if you observe closely,they have similar behavioral patterns.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by EzeUche(m): 10:27pm On Jul 17, 2010
Abagworo:

there is a behavioral pattern,i have noticed amongst igbo groups that were luckily endowed by circumstances.they look for ways to alienate themselves from the larger igbo and keep laying emphasis on their little differences.onitshas,ngwas and ikwerres possess land hosting large cities while the others are the ones with crude oil.if you observe closely,they have similar behavioral patterns.

Gbam!

Let us all invest in Owerri and lets see how these Ngwa will cry, because no one wants to do business with them. Some Igbo groups are very funny trying to separate themselves from the greater whole.

I am an Aro man, but you don't hear Aro people saying this even though our blood is mixed with Igbo and Ibibio groups.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by asha80(m): 10:33pm On Jul 17, 2010
EzeUche:

Gbam!

Let us all invest in Owerri and lets see how these Ngwa will cry, because no one wants to do business with them. Some Igbo groups are very funny trying to separate themselves from the greater whole.

I am an Aro man, but you don't hear Aro people saying this even though our blood is mixed with Igbo and Ibibio groups.

What makes you think Owerri people will not go the same way?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 10:46pm On Jul 17, 2010
Abagworo, that #1 is part sarcasm, part seriousness, and I have my reasons for posting it up.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 11:09pm On Jul 17, 2010
@ Chinenye,

Consonants don't follow one another without a vowel in between in Igbo except for ch, gb, gw, ny, nw, kw.
Ohnuhnu means nothing, I can't even pronounce it, maybe you're writing bini.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 11:19pm On Jul 17, 2010
Maybe the "hn" sound is inexistent in your Nri Igbo, but it is rather pervasive in Ngwa and related communities. So, you can't tell me that "ohnuhnu" means nothing, and you surely can't tell me how to pronounce/write my own lect. I don't speak Nri. So there's no reason why I must write like I do.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 11:25pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Maybe the "hn" sound is inexistent in your Nri Igbo, but it is rather pervasive in Ngwa and related communities. Don't try to tell me how to pronounce/write my lect.

You're an idi.ot. F.ucking Osu!
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by abadaba(m): 11:26pm On Jul 17, 2010
006:

@ Chinenye,

Consonants don't follow one another without a vowel in between in Igbo except for ch, gb, gw, ny, nw, kw.
Ohnuhnu means nothing, I can't even pronounce it, maybe you're writing bini.
The monkey is trying hard to make his Ngwa group unIgbo. Always displaying stupidity where such is not required. The other day, one IkaIgbo miscreant kept spelling Ovbi instead of Obi, Ikeosalobue instead of his Eze's well know Ikechukwu.
You hardly find Yoruba people displaying this sort of arrogance. You will hardly see an Ijebu man writing in Ijebu so that other Yorubas will not read it.
Shameful indeed.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by abadaba(m): 11:31pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Maybe the "hn" sound is inexistent in your Nri Igbo, but it is rather pervasive in Ngwa and related communities. So, you can't tell me that "ohnuhnu" means nothing, and you surely can't tell me how to pronounce/write my own lect. I don't speak Nri. So there's no reason why I must write like I do.
That should be when you are in the midst of your fellow Ngwas. Monkey, I think you have a behavioural problem.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by asha80(m): 11:33pm On Jul 17, 2010
you guys are just losers grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photo! Soldier Naked Wife And Love In Public.... / Australian Woman Raped, Murdered And Dumped In Toilet In Mozambique (images) / Christian Man Beheaded For Refusing To Sleep With His Own Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.