Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,560 members, 7,837,154 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake (3103 Views)

In Abia: Man Butchers Sister,Buries Brother Alive, Then Runs Away(photos) / Motorcycle Thief Stripped Unclad In Abia (photos) / Family Of 5 Arrested For Kidnapping In Imo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 11:41pm On Jul 17, 2010
Edited: So am I in the wrong for having written Ngwa phonetically?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by asha80(m): 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Is there any link where you can direct me to where the stricty ngwa lect is written?i do not think i have ever seen it anywhere.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by abadaba(m): 12:02am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Go and tell that to your Ngwa folks only, why not admit that you have been silly so far, you butt munching a.s.s.hole. Igbo boy is from Ndoni in Rivers state, yet he does not write in Ndoni dialect but the general Igbo.
There is nothing wrong in promoting your lect but it has to be with your people. Can an Igboman go and start posting in Yoruba threads with Igbo language?.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:05am On Jul 18, 2010
Actually, asha, I don't know of anyone anywhere, besides me, who writes strict Ngwa, talk less of writing it phonetically, like I do. When writing okwu Ngwa, most Ngwa just follow the insufficient Onwu orthography.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:09am On Jul 18, 2010
Abadaba, so you have joined them as well? Wow. So what if Igbo boy does not write Ndoni? Na his own be dat. Again am I in the wrong for writing Ngwa phonetically?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:10am On Jul 18, 2010
Abadaba, that's a simple yes/no question. Please don't be like 006 and complicate such a simple question.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:12am On Jul 18, 2010
Wait, asha, my dad and a few others I know write strict Ngwa, and write it phonetically, but it's all hand-written. None of it is online.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:16am On Jul 18, 2010
abadaba:

Go and tell that to your Ngwa folks only, why not admit that you have been silly so far, you butt munching a.s.s.hole. Igbo boy is from Ndoni in Rivers state, yet he does not write in Ndoni dialect but the general Igbo.
There is nothing wrong in promoting your lect but it has to be with your people.  Can an Igboman go and start posting in Yoruba threads with Igbo language?.

The most annoying thing is the use of Nri Igbo. Anambra don't have clans; we are not clannish.
Everyone answers for his town, not even LG. Since I was born, nobody had ever called me Nri. That's crap!
The only thing we’ve ever been addressed with is "Agbaenu" by Enugu folks.
Igbo as written is not even Anambra. He's always displaying his s.tupidity.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by abadaba(m): 12:16am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Abadaba, so you have joined them as well? Wow. So what if Igbo boy does not write Ndoni? Na his own be dat. Again am I in the wrong for writing Ngwa phonetically?
What Igbo boy does is what is called common sense.  I wonder how many Igbo guys here will understand him if he writes in Ndoni. Surely, you lack that common sense.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:20am On Jul 18, 2010
abadaba:

What Igbo boy does is what is called common sense.  I wonder how many Igbo guys here will understand him if he writes in Ndoni. Surely, you lack that common sense.

There's nothing like Ngwa orthography, even Ndoni. Every sound found in Igboland is represented in our 36 letters.
Maybe, his dad invented that crap for use in his house. Brainwashing at its best!
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ezeagu(m): 12:23am On Jul 18, 2010
Why are you guys attacking each other over useless Latin characters? There will never be a sufficient enough way to write Igbo in this script. Talking about script, ChineyeN are you aware of the Ngwa script. . . . . .
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Nobody: 12:23am On Jul 18, 2010
You guys should take this kidnapping stuff to . . .we have foreigners visiting nairaland,please.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:26am On Jul 18, 2010
Abadaba, if that is what Igbo boy wants to do, then na his own bi dat. So again, is it wrong for me to write strict Ngwa phonetically? If you don't want to answer, then simply just say so. We don't need to go back and forth.

006, I thought you're from Nri. That's the only reason I call you that. . where are you from then?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Abadaba, if that is what Igbo boy wants to do, then na his own bi dat. So again, is it wrong for me to write strict Ngwa phonetically? If you don't want to answer, then simply just say so. We don't need to go back and forth.

006, I thought you're from Nri. That's the only reason I call you that. . where are you from then?

I'm from my very own town. There's Nri town and they represent themselves not me. Nri only comes in when Igbo, not Anambra, is discussed.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:30am On Jul 18, 2010
ezeagu, I am aware of an Ngwa script, but I'm not familiar with it. I've asked around, but none of the people here in diaspora that I've spoken to are familiar with it. They've heard about it and some have seen it, but they aren't really familiar with it. I've been told that I have to visit ala Ngwa to really know.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:31am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

ezeagu, I am aware of an Ngwa script, but I'm not familiar with it. I've asked around, but none of the people here in diaspora that I've spoken to are familiar with it. They've heard about it and some have seen it, but they aren't really familiar with it. I've been told that I have to visit ala Ngwa to really know.

It's an invented crap! Tell me the sound and I'll write it in Igbo proper. Our letters are complete. There's "N" with a dash on top if that's what you want to write in ohnuhnu.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Abagworo(m): 12:34am On Jul 18, 2010
006:

There's nothing like Ngwa phonetics, even Ndoni. Every sound found in Igboland is represented in our 26 letters.
Maybe, his dad invented that crap for use in his house. Brainwashing at its best!

you are extremely wrong to have said that.it is just a general agreement to write in onwu orthography that brought about the 26 letters.do you know a town in imo state spelt umuaka?the actual pronunciation is umuakna.many igbo dialects have a deep n behind some consonants like chinenyes ''ohnuhnu'' which is different from ''ohuhu''.if you want to read a conversation in ngwa, visit their page on facebook.i will copy and paste some discussions in ngwa.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ezeagu(m): 12:36am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

That thing needs to be utilised. Developing the script and using it throughout Ngwa (alongside the Latin maybe) would be a big boost to the attractiveness of the language and culture. I hope someone records it before it's too late. . . . . . . anyway there's always Nsibidi.

'hn' (nasal?) is one of the things the Latin script fails to express.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:37am On Jul 18, 2010
Abagworo:

you are extremely wrong to have said that.it is just a general agreement to write in onwu orthography that brought about the 26 letters.do you know a town in imo state spelt umuaka?the actual pronunciation is umuakna.many igbo dialects have a deep n behind some consonants like chinenyes ''ohnuhnu'' which is different from ''ohuhu''.if you want to read a conversation in ngwa, visit their page on facebook.i will copy and paste some discussions in ngwa.

Show me a link where Ngwa is spoken and I'll rewrite it in Igbo proper. Maybe you can't write Igbo.
N with a dash on top is very nasal if you don't know.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by asha80(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2010
Abagworo:

you are extremely wrong to have said that.it is just a general agreement to write in onwu orthography that brought about the 26 letters.do you know a town in imo state spelt umuaka?the actual pronunciation is umuakna.many igbo dialects have a deep n behind some consonants like chinenyes ''ohnuhnu'' which is different from ''ohuhu''.if you want to read a conversation in ngwa, visit their page on facebook[b].i will copy and paste some discussions in ngwa.
[/b]

Please do.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:41am On Jul 18, 2010
Yeah, there is that Facebook page. I forgot about that one.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Abagworo(m): 12:43am On Jul 18, 2010
nhe ndi ifushi gh' l'onu ntogbara uto ahu.

Mgba-mgba enre gh' mmasukwa mma

Ndika anyi, amadighi la ghe nnu otuna ndi-me la FB. O togbuolam. Noonu ke-oma o. Kakwaramnu nka o.

kpoo udi miiri ila eji eji erita nwa ojuju ume l'ebeke unu?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:45am On Jul 18, 2010
Abagworo:

nhe ndi ifushi gh' l'onu ntogbara uto ahu.

Mgba-mgba enre gh' mmasukwa mma

Ndika anyi, amadighi la ghe nnu otuna ndi-me la FB. O togbuolam. Noonu ke-oma o. Kakwaramnu nka o.

kpoo udi miiri ila eji eji erita nwa ojuju ume l'ebeke unu?

I can write Igbo in my own way. That's crap. Show a link to spoken Ngwa and let me rewrite it in Igbo.

It's the same thing with written Ika, it just makes it so difficult whereas I communicate freely with my friend from Agbor.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by Abagworo(m): 12:49am On Jul 18, 2010
006:

I can write Igbo in my own way. That's crap. Show a link to spoken Ngwa and let me rewrite it in Igbo.

i can understand and translate ngwa or any other igbo dialect.ngwa is quite easy for me just like ikwerre,etche,mbaise,ndoki,asa and owerri.

''nhe ndi ifushi gh' l'onu ntogbara uto ahu''.

'the words coming out of your mouth is too interesting'
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by MrFire: 12:51am On Jul 18, 2010
You guys are hell bent on diverting this thread to a different, I would add, irrelevant topic. Like I said, we must identify where our problem is coming from and we should be able to be frank about it. I am not talking now about kidnapping in Imo, Enugu, Anambra, etc. This is specifically about Abia. Kedu ebe mmiri si banye opi ugbogoro na abia? My point in the starting post was from a reliable ngwa source who is also related to me by marriage.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:52am On Jul 18, 2010
ezeagu:

That thing needs to be utilised. Developing the script and using it throughout Ngwa (alongside the Latin maybe) would be a big boost to the attractiveness of the language and culture. I hope someone records it before it's too late. . . . . . . anyway there's always Nsibidi.
That's what I've been wanting to do, since I heard about it. I've even made plans to travel to Ngwa within the next year or two or so, because I've been writing screenplay, in complete Igbo, and I've always wanted to incorporate that script.

ezeagu:

'hn' (nasal?) is one of the things the Latin script fails to express.
Yeah, it's a nasal, and it's more than just the "h". A third, or more of the consonants in Ngwa have nasal counterparts, and they're contrastive. The presence of the nasal (or lack thereof) changes the meaning of the word.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by udezue(m): 12:53am On Jul 18, 2010
rotflmao!!!
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:54am On Jul 18, 2010
Mr. Igbo, I'm not sure if people here care anymore about the topic.
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2010
ezeagu, what more do you know about the script?
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 12:56am On Jul 18, 2010
Abagworo:

i can understand and translate ngwa or any other igbo dialect.ngwa is quite easy for me just like ikwerre,etche,mbaise,ndoki,asa and owerri.

''nhe ndi ifushi gh' l'onu ntogbara uto ahu''.

'the words coming out of your mouth is too interesting'

See what I mean, gh' without a vowel after it. Is it arabic? The translation you gave is not even correct.

It should be "The things you say from/with (since I don't know what gh' is) your mouth is very sweet".
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by ChinenyeN(m): 1:11am On Jul 18, 2010
gh' is "you".
Re: Politics Of Kidnapping In Abia- It Is An Ngwa Cake by 006(m): 1:13am On Jul 18, 2010
ChinenyeN:

gh' is "you".

. . .  then is should be ghu not gh'. Gh' is nothing my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cultism: Vigilantee Group Intercepts 'ARO' Fraternity Group During Initiation / Hausa Vs Igbo Roit, Happening In Aba Abia State Now.. Live / Nigerian Lovers In Philippines Arrested With N489m Worth Of Illicit Drugs(photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.