Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,635 members, 7,809,388 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Gazzuzz Autos - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Gazzuzz Autos (6951 Views)

Gazzuzz Autos Engine Supply's. / My Experience Buying A 2005/2006 Toyota Siena Through Gazzuzz / Gazzuzz Autos And Part Store. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by AutoElectNG: 9:07pm On Nov 03, 2018
Mancala:

Looks like we are going through the same situation. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement. I had to smile when I read what you wrote because we just went through the same ordeal. Had to relocate the household from a two storey building to a bungalow due to the issues you mentioned. We just finished refurbishing the bungalow to accommodate mobility issues. Stuff like removing bathtubs and replacing with floor showers and all the other stuff you mentioned. There is now a large unoccupied house built to a specific taste just sitting unoccupied, not ideal for renting out! It would be much easier if she would just come stay with me in the U.S. but she has ruled that out. Will only visit at will. How do you argue with a stubborn 80 year old? As for me, I don't. She does whatever she wants and I will occasionally do stuff behind her back when I absolutely know it's the best thing for her and face the blowback consequences from her. But she does know I mean well. Like this Sienna, she doesn't know anything about it. I will have it delivered one day and remove one of the vehicles currently at the house that she has refused to let go of for sentimental reasons. Ideally, I could get the Braun conversion van but It has too many add on things that can and will eventually break. For my sanity, I have to keep this simple.

You are welcome!

Like I said whatever you decide, you know your situation best.

Great to know you are in the US, by the way, it does not have to be from that company, there are other options ( I updated my posts with examples)

2 Likes

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by Mancala: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

You are welcome!

Like I said whatever you decide, you know your situation best.

Great to know you are in the US, by the way, it does not have to be from that company, there are other options ( I updated my post above with examples)

Thanks for the post with more options. Braun conversion is very popular in the U.S. so I recognized it immediately. I will need to have a "strong mind" to buy this for her. You should know how Nigerians of the older generation are full of drama grin. I can just imagine her asking me... do you think I'm disabled? You too will get old O!...... (sounds a lot more more dramatic in Yoruba). Then if anything breaks...... I have told you stop wasting money, but you don't listen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by AutoElectNG: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Mancala:

Thanks for the post with more options. Braun conversion is very popular in the U.S. so I recognized it immediately. I will need to have a "strong mind" to buy this for her. You should know how Nigerians of the older generation are full of drama grin. I can just imagine her asking me... do you think I'm disabled? You too will get old O!...... (sounds a lot more more dramatic in Yoruba). Then if anything breaks...... I have told you stop wasting money, but you don't listen!

That was funny. ..yea they become babies again, but they won't admit it, and prefer not to be reminded that things have changed

3 Likes

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by Mancala: 10:41pm On Nov 03, 2018
AutoElectNG:

That was funny. ..yea they become babies again, but they won't admit it, and prefer not to be reminded that things have changed

One just has to be patient and revert to humor to defuse some of the tense moments. I recall one day she said ..." I am older than you and have more life experience so you should listen to me and obey me" I replied that life is not as it used to be. Things have changed dramatically and that the changes that have happened in the last 20 years are more significant than what happened in the 1,900 years prior to that! She said I am too stubborn. I replied that stubbornness is hereditary. You can't get it from mosquito bites or contaminated food grin. She hissed and laughed.

3 Likes

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by Controlv: 6:09am On Nov 07, 2018
Dear Gazzuzz

Please confirm availability and price for the following

Mobil 1 high mileage 5w-20 (5quartz)
OEM oil filter for 09 Accord
Coolant for 09 accord
ATF DW1

Would send Fedex to pickup if available.

Thanks
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:04am On Nov 07, 2018
Controlv:
Dear Gazzuzz

Please confirm availability and price for the following

Mobil 1 high mileage 5w-20 (5quartz)
OEM oil filter for 09 Accord
Coolant for 09 accord
ATF DW1

Would send Fedex to pickup if available.

Thanks

Engine oil available in 1quart bottles as advertised here https://www.nairaland.com/4538821/mobil-1-extended-performance-5000per

Aftermarket filter available.

Engine oil 5000per quart, oil filter 3000 per quart.

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by timifakay(m): 1:03pm On Nov 07, 2018
Mancala:

One just has to be patient and revert to humor to defuse some of the tense moments. I recall one day she said ..." I am older than you and have more life experience so you should listen to me and obey me" I replied that life is not as it used to be. Things have changed dramatically and that the changes that have happened in the last 20 years are more significant than what happened in the 1,900 years prior to that! She said I am too stubborn. I replied that stubbornness is hereditary. You can't get it from mosquito bites or contaminated food grin. She hissed and laughed.

A van is the best bet.
I'll suggest you make a wooden step (in addition to the step board) that can be moved in and out of the trunk by the helper if need be.

Hope you have a reliable and faithful driver who understands her...
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by figbomor(m): 8:36pm On Nov 07, 2018
Oga Gazzuzz and other Pros in the house.

I am sorry if this is an off topic post. I need your help in concluding on a decision.

I have an EOD car which is always used by my wife to work and to convey children to and from School. I need another small car for myself, rugged, fuel efficient, low cost spare parts car etc, in essence, a car of very low maintenance cost. I am considering buying a fairly used car between Toyota Corolla 1998 - 2000 Model or Honda Civic 1998 - 2000 model.

Please, advice on the one to go for. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:03am On Nov 08, 2018
figbomor:
Oga Gazzuzz and other Pros in the house.

I am sorry if this is an off topic post. I need your help in concluding on a decision.

I have an EOD car which is always used by my wife to work and to convey children to and from School. I need another small car for myself, rugged, fuel efficient, low cost spare parts car etc, in essence, a car of very low maintenance cost. I am considering buying a fairly used car between Toyota Corolla 1998 - 2000 Model or Honda Civic 1998 - 2000 model.

Please, advice on the one to go for. Thank you.

both very good cars, hard to choose

1 Like

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by figbomor(m): 8:50am On Nov 08, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

both very good cars, hard to choose

Thank you Boss, may God continue to bless your hustle.
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by Goodskills: 1:41pm On Nov 13, 2018
GAZZUZZ:
more pics

hello good afternoon is this Toyota Corolla still available
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:55pm On Nov 13, 2018
Goodskills:

hello good afternoon is this Toyota Corolla still available

sold
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by SteveUg(m): 3:30pm On Nov 13, 2018
[/b]
GAZZUZZ:
Gazzuzz Autos

[b]Location
: Gazzuzz Autos
https://maps.google.com/?cid=6875435925006525965

Services : * Vehicle maintenance

* Vehicle Pre-purchase inspection

* Vehicle sales

* Vehicle Modifications/Upgrades

* Paint work

* Panel Beating

* Crash Repair

* Spare part sales

* Training

* Consultancy

* Vehicle Reg/renewals

* Vehicle insurance

* Tow truck service.

* And so much more......

Phone number: (workshop) +234 813 482 5094.

Supported brands: TOYOTA/LEXUS, HONDA/ACURA, KIA/HYUNDAI, FORD.

Supported Years: 2003-date, Ford 2012-date.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8024873_screenshot20181024072940_jpegca1f38ee45fd6b7955bbfe0d58b176f1

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

GAZZUZZ:
Gazzuzz Autos

[b]Location
: Gazzuzz Autos

* Vehicle sales

* Paint work

* Panel Beating

* Crash Repair

* Spare part sales

* Training

* Consultancy

* Vehicle Reg/renewals

* Vehicle insurance

* Tow truck service.

* And so much more......

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8024873_screenshot20181024072940_jpegca1f38ee45fd6b7955bbfe0d58b176f1

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[/b]
GAZZUZZ:
Gazzuzz Autos

* Vehicle sales

* Paint work

* Panel Beating

* Crash Repair

* Spare part sales

* Training

* Consultancy

* Vehicle Reg/renewals

* Vehicle insurance

* Tow truck service.

* And so much more......

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

uncle gazzuzz I'm interested in d *training* aspect ooo.... Please open the door to your temple , I will be delighted n favoured to tap from your blessings..
Please sir I'm very much interested and ready to learn from you.. You motivate me a lot on anytyn regarding auto works, may God continue to bless u for us... Baba please open d door to ur training ground, a young man here is eager to work n learn from u
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by VolvoS60(m): 8:55pm On Dec 03, 2018
Useful thread.

Was surprised to see the exchange between Mancala & Autoelect - not expecting that at all. Those bits of info on living adjustments for the elderly were truly priceless. Copied and filed for future reference.

Maybe if Citroen were still making their suspensions the way they used to, there would be more options...
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by ArcFresky(m): 10:10am On Dec 09, 2018
Hi Gazzuzz,

My car, a Honda EOD 2008 v6, has radiator issues.

The radiator fluid drains quickly. I have had a mech check for leaks, but could find none.

I have also changed the radiator cover, changed the raditor e.t.c.

This time the mech says its the Gasket.

Issue 2: car engine is always vibrating during movement, especially on the first gear (its automatic).

Issue 3: when I accelerate too fast, when gear attempts to change, the car starts jerking, I have to take my foot off the gas pedal, before is changes.

What do you advise?
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2018
ArcFresky:
Hi Gazzuzz,

My car, a Honda EOD 2008 v6, has radiator issues.

The radiator fluid drains quickly. I have had a mech check for leaks, but could find none.

I have also changed the radiator cover, changed the raditor e.t.c.

This time the mech says its the Gasket.

Issue 2: car engine is always vibrating during movement, especially on the first gear (its automatic).

Issue 3: when I accelerate too fast, when gear attempts to change, the car starts jerking, I have to take my foot off the gas pedal, before is changes.

What do you advise?

How long have you owned this car?

Your engine is full aluminum head and block. Sever overheating makes engine very hard to rebuild. Currently from your description of problem, engine is possibly low on compression in certain cylinders, and gearbox is slipping.

Engine and gear require serious work which is not DIY.

Replacing Gaskets is not just about changing the Gasket, but observing other very sensitive protocols like head Cylinder resurfaces of both banks. You still have a long road ahead of you. Try and have the transmission scanned and post the codes here.

P.S

Realistically the repair cost of your car if done properly is over 80per the price of a functional Nigerian used vehicle of same brand.

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by ArcFresky(m): 11:23am On Dec 09, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

How long have you owned this car?

Realistically the repair cost of your car if done properly is over 80per the price of a functional Nigerian used vehicle of same brand.

Thanks for your quick response.
I bought the car from a friend, 4 months ago.
I will be replacing the car very soon, and I will be contacting you before doing so.
Thank you.
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2018
ArcFresky:

Thanks for your quick response.
I bought the car from a friend, 4 months ago.
I will be replacing the car very soon, and I will be contacting you before doing so.
Thank you.

I thought as much.

You got a bad car.

Engine and transmission replacement inevitable (realistically)

1 Like

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53am On May 31, 2019
We are still here... wink

1 Like

Re: Gazzuzz Autos by priestcharm(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2019
Oga Gazuz. A friend in the UK is bringing in a right hand Rx 300. Do you do hand conversion from right hand drive to left hand?
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:38am On Jun 01, 2019
priestcharm:
Oga Gazuz. A friend in the UK is bringing in a right hand Rx 300. Do you do hand conversion from right hand drive to left hand?

ill-advised. Leave car in the UK
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by DDabs(f): 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2019
Good evening auto experts, I am hoping to get answers to some questions please.

My car(Toyota 4 runner 2008) stopped entering gear without notice! My Mechanic said he couldn't handle it, invited a gear expert who gave high bill! Got another gear Mech who fixed it in less than 30 minutes!

A month later, steering rack begins to lick! Information reaching me from my Mechanic that d gear guy didn't do anything but only activated d auxiliary gear which the car has been working on and which is dangerous to the gear, engine and just fixed steering rack!

The real question, is it true that driving on/with auxiliary gear is dangerous to the gear, engine and most especially can spoil the steering rack?

Your expertise response will be appreciated.
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2019
DDabs:
Good evening auto experts, I am hoping to get answers to some questions please.

My car(Toyota 4 runner 2008) stopped entering gear without notice! My Mechanic said he couldn't handle it, invited a gear expert who gave high bill! Got another gear Mech who fixed it in less than 30 minutes!

A month later, steering rack begins to lick! Information reaching me from my Mechanic that d gear guy didn't do anything but only activated d auxiliary gear which the car has been working on and which is dangerous to the gear, engine and just fixed steering rack!

The real question, is it true that driving on/with auxiliary gear is dangerous to the gear, engine and most especially can spoil the steering rack?

Your expertise response will be appreciated.

patronising road side mechanics can be very frustrating
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by 3Tsss: 7:40am On Jun 11, 2019
Please do u have a car of little maintenance and low fuel consumption for a female (300-400k),automatic pls.tk u
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by jceesquare(m): 8:30am On Jun 11, 2019
GAZZUZZ:
Gazzuzz Autos

* Vehicle sales

* Paint work

* Panel Beating

* Crash Repair

* Spare part sales

* Training

* Consultancy

* Vehicle Reg/renewals

* Vehicle insurance

* Tow truck service.

* And so much more......

Boss I've learnt so much from you from a DIY perspective.
I have passion for fixing cars and would like to take it professional.
How can I further my learning quest under your tutelage sir?
Re: Gazzuzz Autos by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2019
welcome on board

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Need A Tokunbo Toyota Car / Extremely Super Clean 03 Camry (toks) For Just 1.4m Askin / Pimped for the bigger boiz Registered 2007 Honda Accord @ 900k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.