Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 (46669 Views)

Picture Of ASP John Umoru, Who Was Indicted Alongside Kyari But Still At Large / 7-year-old Boy Abandoned Over Alleged Witchcraft Rescued In Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Ubong Promise: Abandoned Over 'Witchcraft'. Transformation Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by phase1: 9:56am On Oct 26, 2018
A policeman once say to one of his colleague right in my presence 'no dey carry police work for head, because nigerians no like you, even our ogas wey be commisioners, AIG, DIG and IG no send you. Na when you dey sick bed you go know.'

I guess he was right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by projectTopicsNg: 9:57am On Oct 26, 2018
Hmm.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Jbleenk: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2018
Our problem in Nigeria is that we don’t know our rights. If he had sued NPF I’m sure something would have been done. So pathetic.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by udemzyudex(m): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2018
Akwasi:
Sense of entitlement is killing and humiliating Africans. In other parts of the world, insurance is part of the job's benefit because of the risk.

A typical African police officer will prefer the insurance premium to be added to his monthly salary and yet when there is an accident, will demand the authority to help out.

Let's do the right thing AFRICA

Nonsense talk as usual, Pls think before you post trash on nairaland.
How many jobs in Nigeria give health insurance?
Even those working factory jobs don't have it talk less of those working in a more conducive environment.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Mizwisdom(f): 10:02am On Oct 26, 2018
Probably he has exceeded the limit of his insurance cover. We pray he gets well soon
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by kevoh(m): 10:03am On Oct 26, 2018
pacino26:
Thought NHIS is there to cover for things like this If that is not working I strongly advise he gets his PFA involved for an upfront withdrawal from his RSA. Given the circumstances they should expedite payment. As an ASP he's entitled to some good cash from there cuz he needs to live and regain his sight for his family.

Please don't make me laugh. grin grin grin ...NHIS only cover paracetamol types of sickness, ante-natal and child delivery issues. Anything asides these na OYO!
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by HomeOfMe(f): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2018
olushowunm:
Patrol Commander John Joshua, Assistant Superintendent of Police attached to Ajao Estate Police Station Lagos State, lost his eyesight while attempting to stop over 500 angry Factory workers who were looting the warehouse of Chi Industries Ltd. The company made a distress call for Police intervention & protection. They claims that they were been attacked by Hoodlums, which can be seen as deception on the part of the management. This event took place on December 31, 2016. A day that should be a preparatory day for the New Year for ASP and his family but turn into day of regret, sadness and anguish for the family. He got injured in the process of keeping the citizens and businesses safe as he was attacked by angry Factory workers who have taken strategic positions in the warehouse, with plan to attack them. As they entered into the company’s premises to maintain law and order, the workers charged and attacked him with Caustic soda missiles which was poured over his head and as such affected his eyes. He was rushed to hospital and since that time have been left to die.

According to Summit Healthcare Hospital Ltd. (Eyes Foundation), he will need about N2.5million to do another set of surgeries (Invoice attached), this was in 2017, after expending his life savings and his family's goodwill on the earlier treatment. When he was told about the surgery and how much it would cost, he had felt sure that the company, which he lost his eye sights fighting for would come to his rescue.
Joshua’s staunch trust, however took a devastating blow. CHI Limited was not forthcoming as the ASP had expected. According to him, till date, the company had abandoned him to his fate. Joshua, almost in tears said that he couldn’t imagine groping in darkness for the rest of his life. Speaking with our correspondence in his house, Joshua said that CHI Limited, promised to take care of his eyes treatment. Joshua said that doctors had advised that the operation should be carried out immediately so that his eyes wouldn’t degenerate retrogressively into complete blindness.
He said “Right now, I’m slowly going blind. And if the eye surgery continued to be delayed, my two eyes would undergo retrogressive degeneration or I may completely go blind”.

He was left with nothing as Police and Chi Nigeria Ltd., have abandoned him to his fate and none has come up with anything to help his condition. Is this the country of our dreams? Where we seek law enforcement officers to risk their lives for our sake? Who will read this kind of pathetic story about the system and still put his bet to save us all. Two years gone and no help in sights. This man is now having difficult in fulfilling his fatherly duties as he also a widower, all because of one silly incident that Nigeria Police Force HQ and Chi Nigeria Ltd., refused to take responsibility for his wellness. ASP Joshua is not even asking for compensation, just for them to take care of his eyesight before he goes totally blind.

ASP Joshua was in tears as he narrates his plight in the hands of Nigeria Police Force and Chi. He even went as far to bring in Femi Falana, the popular human rights activist-cum-lawyer into the matter, he was appointed a lawyer to take care of the case but he suspected that Lawyer was compromised by Chi as he stopped picking his calls for updates on the case. He also went to Office of Public Defender just to ask for his rights too but none is forthcoming.
I write this today to intimate you of the rots and decay that corruption have bestowed on our institutions. We are in trouble because the Nigeria of our dream might never come in our lifetime or our children's if we keep valuing money over lives.

I appeal to all those concerned too take up responsibility and give this man his eyesight again.
The same caustic soda(LYE) that I use in making soaps once in a while?... I need to be more careful in handling it. Now speaking of which;this office was carrying out his duty by protecting the property of the company,but the greedy and corrupt members of staff attacked him out of greed. Later they'd be accusing our leaders of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 26, 2018
You see why police don't take their jobs seriously.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Lorenzop: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2018
Akwasi:
Sense of entitlement is killing and humiliating Africans. In other parts of the world, insurance is part of the job's benefit because of the risk.

A typical African police officer will prefer the insurance premium to be added to his monthly salary and yet when there is an accident, will demand the authority to help out.

And i ask you...how many insurance companies in Nigeria are genuine?...How many of them are willing to pay claims....to the best of my knowledge a typical insurance company in Nigeria will look for loopholes to avoid paying claims. To even access ordinary pension, you will experience a lot of bureaucratic bottlenecks, some pensioners even die in the process....Nigeria is cursed...one virtually struggles for things that ordinarily should be simple, even your fellow citizens will prefer to make you suffer to get something just because he is in a position of authority. so sad things are getting worse, its even more heartbreaking to see some gullible idio.ts defend these useless politicians online....what is 2.5 million compared to the amount of money they loot on daily basis....just imagine the billions they realised from the sales of nomination forms, yet there is hunger in the land, the earlier people begin to realise that Nigerian govt cares only about the elite the better.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Ventura1: 10:25am On Oct 26, 2018
Nigeria cares, if he's not satisfied he can leave for another country - SAI BABA
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by olushowunm(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2018
Akwasi:

So who is to take the insurance premium for the police officers? Where u work, that you talking about. You have HMO and your employer contributes. Police that can maintain their vans, which is left for the patrol teams to use their discretion, na dem go do proper health insurance for their officers?
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by olushowunm(m): 10:33am On Oct 26, 2018
MrMcJay:
You guys know something, apart from the fact that he has been abandoned, this poliecman would soon be retired on grounds of disability.

He already did.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by olushowunm(m): 10:35am On Oct 26, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

2.5million should be no biggie for a dilligently ASP
If he was prudent, he would have saved his bribes.

Now no more bribes for ASP John Joshua.
I have lost all my pity for Nigerian policemen.
Try and have pity for him, because he is an honest policeman and in any profession, there will be bad eggs.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Amhappy(f): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2018
This is a really sad story. NSTIF was brought out to tackle such issues. Except you are telling me that NPF a government body does not pay NSTIF levy.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by zone51: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2018
pacino26:
Thought NHIS is there to cover for things like this

My brother, that is one of the corruption going on in NHIS, FG pays money to them, but the official there collided with HMOs which most are owned by these same official to siphon the funds...that's why hospitals that are already owed as a result of treating patients of NHIS will refuse to respond to case of this magnitude.

Besides, how much is N2.5million? undecided

Mr. Tolu Ogunlesi, I know you are here n reading this, pls do something.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 26, 2018
and these are the people you oppress fellow nigerians for on the highway, you use koboko to flog motoroist for expatriate that doesnt care about you or your country.

dem no go learn.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Amacaco: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2018
I thought all policemen are beneficiaries of National Health insurance scheme? if he is not a Beneficiary, he should do so immediately with only N15000 and they will take care of him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by DaddyNimo(m): 11:19am On Oct 26, 2018
olushowunm:
More evidence...
someones swear on him has worked... that's all I have to say.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by wonder233: 11:25am On Oct 26, 2018
Workers don't have a choice in determining what gets deducted or added to their take home pay. PFA, tax and other deductions are laws, you have no say in them.
Akwasi:

Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by CodeTemplar: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

2.5million should be no biggie for a dilligently ASP
If he was prudent, he would have saved his bribes.

Now no more bribes for ASP John Joshua.
I have lost all my pity for Nigerian policemen.
If a private citizen had called them to rescue that day, what will be their probability of responding? Either no fuel or broken down vehicle would have been their excuse.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by CodeTemplar: 11:49am On Oct 26, 2018
wonder233:
Workers don't have a choice in determining what gets deducted or added to their take home pay. PFA, tax and other deductions are laws, you have no say in them.
What about NHIS? Thought that was a form of medical insurance.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by CodeTemplar: 11:50am On Oct 26, 2018
Amacaco:
I thought all policemen are beneficiaries of National Health insurance scheme? if he is not a Beneficiary, he should do so immediately with only N15000 and they will take care of him.
So they allow late comers with that fee?
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by CodeTemplar: 11:57am On Oct 26, 2018
udemzyudex:

Nonsense talk as usual, Pls think before you post trash on nairaland.
How many jobs in Nigeria give health insurance?
Even those working factory jobs don't have it talk less of those working in a more conducive environment.
NHIS.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by baarak66(m): 12:03pm On Oct 26, 2018
He should go to human right radio. They'll surely fight for him.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by donqx: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2018
smiley
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by winj3: 12:57pm On Oct 26, 2018
I will never help a Nigerian policeman, they are all criminals. The police collect enough bribes, private security money and corrupt income from the population to pay for this.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by Ghostmode2two(m): 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
I thought Lagos State have insurance bond for askari cases like this?
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by chinedu234(m): 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
I FEEL SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED NIGERIA OF OUR DREAMS. IT IS A HOAX. NIGERIA IS SO MUCH LIKE A FISH POND. AN INJURED FISH IS EFFICIENTLY AND EFFECTIVELY MASSACRED FOR FOOD.
Re: Asp John Joshua Abandoned over N2.5M Surgery since 2017 by wonder233: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
You have a good point. Insurance cover is also mandatory under Nigerian labour laws. So, where I think the snag is has to do with implementation. In a functional society, this type of incident would have been conveniently covered by his health insurance
CodeTemplar:
What about NHIS? Thought that was a form of medical insurance.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aiye Cultists Attack Policemen In Ogun; Their Leader Escapes With Bullet Wounds / Adetokunbo Adenopo: Why I Became A Kidnapper - Pastor Confesses (Video) / Lady Was Brutally Attacked By Robbers In Abuja (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.