Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,589 members, 7,958,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 03:36 AM

See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees (1602 Views)

Volkswagen Says Goodbye To Iconic Beetle (ijapa) With This Emotional Video / This Is How The Iconic Porsche 911 Got Its Name / The Evolution Of The Iconic USA Police Ford Car (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Automotive1(m): 4:07am On Oct 26, 2018

The High Mobility Multi-purpose Wheeled Vehicle (HMMWV) popularly known as HUMVEE are set to be part-replaced by a new Monster JLTVs.

Just like the Jeep it replaced in the 1980s, the HUMVEE was incapable in modern battlefield. Insufficient protection from improvised explosive devices (IEDs) in the Iraqi and Afghanistan wars revealed some of the fatal flaws in the iconic SUV .

The millitary wanted a vehicle that will offer better protection to its occupants as well as go at least 2,400 miles between operational mission failure.

After over the 33 months or nearly three years of testing several millitary vehicles , the Oshkosh JLTV was selected as the winner of the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program.It pulled an amazing 7,051 miles between failures.

AM General Up-armored Humvee went 2,968 miles between failures while Lockheed JLTV had 1,271 miles between failures.

The new 14,000 pounds Oshkosh JLTV was built for driving among the IEDs and rocket-propelled grenades.It is powered by a GM's L5P Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel V-8 engine and has top speed of 100 mph.

It has the ability to climb a 60 percent incline, traverse a 40 percent slope and fords 2.5 feet of water without a snorkel and 5 feet with a snorkel.

The $399,000 Oshkosh JLTV is currently in low-rate initial production with the US Army planning to buy about 49,099 JLTVs while the Marine Corps plans to purchase 5,500.Over 1,600 JLTVs have been delivered to the US Army and the USMC as of June 2018.

Some of the 5,200 pounds Humvees will be upgraded and will continue to serve behind-the-scenes with the US Army and Marines until 2050.

The Hummer H1 commonly seen on Nigerian roads are civilian conversions of the US military’s M998 Humvees while the Hummer H2 and H3 are built on GM truck chassis.

What do you think of the new Oshkosh JLTVs?

See more pictures here :
https://autojosh.com/see-the-monster-oshkosh-jltvs-that-will-part-replace-the-iconic-humvees/

Cc Lalasticlala Mynd44 Mukina2 Dominique Seun

3 Likes

Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by kennypedia(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
Transport has always been the key in emergency services and security
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by olenyi: 1:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Bad as SUV if you ask me.
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by SKhanmi: 9:21pm On Nov 08, 2018
I would love one. I don't advocate violence at all o but I'll love to see any uniformed bastard try & stop me on the highway. It's high time police actions warrant a reaction
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Triniti(m): 10:04pm On Nov 08, 2018
All hail the Americans, they are light years ahead when it comes to military matters. Equipments and personnel are always top notch
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 10, 2018
Hopefully, these vehicles will also end up in the hands of Terrorists in Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan - just like how more than two-thirds of the Humvees Amerika supplied to Iraq to fight terrorists ended up in the hands of Islamic State militants.. grin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/isis-turning-us-humvees-into-iraqs-nightmare-2015-6

Whether the incompetent Amerikan soldiers always choose to abandon their Humvees & flee at the sight of ISIS & Al-Qaeda flags or somebody (A Mad Dog) at the Pentagon is deliberately packaging these Humvees to be delivered to the Terrorists as a "Jihad Gift" - is left to be seen. grin

The Amerikan bastards can never be trusted. grin

3 Likes

Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Zane2point4(m): 7:53am On Nov 10, 2018
Zoharariel:
Hopefully, these vehicles will also end up in the hands of Terrorists in Iraq, Syria & Afghanistan - just like how more than two-thirds of the Humvees Amerika supplied to Iraq to fight terrorists ended up in the hands of Islamic State militants.. grin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/isis-turning-us-humvees-into-iraqs-nightmare-2015-6

Whether the incompetent Amerikan soldiers always choose to abandon their Humvees & flee at the sight of ISIS & Al-Qaeda flags or somebody (A Mad Dog) at the Pentagon is deliberately packaging these Humvees to be delivered to the Terrorists as a "Jihad Gift" - is left to be seen. grin

The Amerikan bastards can never be trusted. grin
Thats some of the humvee captured by isis during the fall of sadam hussein in the golf war.
American supplies armaments to iraq before the war.
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 10, 2018
Zane2point4:

Thats some of the humvee captured by isis during the fall of sadam hussein in the golf war.
American supplies armaments to iraq before the war.

You're jumping into something you know absolutely nothing about simply because you want to comment.

You're attributing a recent incident to the fall of Saddam Hussein. Saddam was captured in 2003 & killed in 2006, so tell me - how have ISIS been servicing & maintaining the Humvees since 2003 if the vehicles have been in their possession for such a long time?

Besides, the article in the link I provided in my first comment above was written in 2015. Are you privy to the happenings at the war theatre in Iraq than "Business Insider" who reported this news? undecided

What about the Humvees that fell to the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2015? Were they also captured during the fall of Saddam? undecided

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/06/06/united-states-warplanes-humvees-taliban/673798002/

If not that your brain is paining you, you would have atleast opened the link I posted in my first comment above & seen this paragraph.

"According to Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, ISIS controls about 2,300 armored US Humvees. Most of those vehicles were seized after ISIS overran Mosul in June 2014."

But because you just want to comment with that your wide mouth that looks like the anus of a hippopotamus for the sake of spewing gibberish, you just had to jump on my mention - forming an Amerikan General on Nairaland. Oponu!

2 Likes

Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Zane2point4(m): 9:25am On Nov 10, 2018
Zoharariel:

You're jumping into something you know absolutely nothing about simply because you want to comment.

You're attributing a recent incident to the fall of Saddam Hussein. Saddam was captured in 2003 & killed in 2006, so tell me - how have ISIS been servicing & maintaining the Humvees since 2003 if the vehicles have been in their possession for such a long time?

Besides, the article in the link I provided in my first comment above was written in 2015. Are you privy to the happenings at the war theatre in Iraq than "Business Insider" who reported this news? undecided

What about the Humvees that fell to the hands of the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2015? Were they also captured during the fall of Saddam? undecided

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/06/06/united-states-warplanes-humvees-taliban/673798002/

If not that your brain is paining you, you would have atleast opened the link I posted in my first comment above & seen this paragraph.

"According to Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, ISIS controls about 2,300 armored US Humvees. Most of those vehicles were seized after ISIS overran Mosul in June 2014."

But because you just want to comment with that your wide mouth that looks like the anus of a hippopotamus for the sake of spewing gibberish, you just had to jump on my mention - forming an Amerikan General on Nairaland. Oponu!
War isn't video games that is perfectly scripted.

Using Nigeria war theater as a case study, do you know how many Nigerian military equipment in the hands of bokoharam members?
And come to think of it even the link you provided shows that the humvees were seized from iraqi military.

No matter how much you hate the Americans, they're will always be better than you and if you oppose you will get the same "hell fire" missles your brothers in Afghanistan are getting.

You can believe whatever conspiracy theory you wana believe it simply doesn't make your statement credible.

Lemme repy your insults

You're simply a child born of hate and failed family system which is one of the problems Nigeria is facing,

Go and better your frustrated miserable life you basterrrd.
Nairaland have made it possible for me to meet loosers who in real life cant even stand enough to be my employed staff. Iddioot.
Re: See The Monster Oshkosh JLTVs That Will Part-replace The Iconic Humvees by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 10, 2018
Zane2point4:

War isn't video games that is perfectly scripted.

Using Nigeria war theater as a case study, do you know how many Nigerian military equipment in the hands of bokoharam members?
And come to think of it even the link you provided shows that the humvees were seized from iraqi military.

No matter how much you hate the Americans, they're will always be better than you and if you oppose you will get the same "hell fire" missles your brothers in Afghanistan are getting.

Oh I see you're pained. grin

Nigeria? Boko Haram? What is the correlation? grin

Did Boko Haram also capture those military gears during the fall of Sadam? grin

Keep shifting the goal post. Was the argument about my hatred for Amerika or about the Humvees falling into the hands of ISIS during the fall of Iraq? grin

Answer this question. Did ISIS capture those Humvees during the fall of sadam hussein in the golf war as you speculated or they were captured after ISIS overran Mosul in 2014 as the Business Insider link I posted asserts?

From your profile picture, you're a spoilt little kid who at best, cannot be more than 25. And unless you're sure of what you're commenting about, stop jumping on people's mentions to display your gross ignorance.

This is why I rarely respond to "mentions" because most of them are usually from kids with twisted-junks in their brains - downloaded from the MSM while forming commando on Nairaland.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What's The Best Price I Can Sell My 2008 Model Honda V6 / Does Driving Slower Save Fuel? / China Fuel Pumps Want To Kill Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.