Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,940 members, 7,824,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever (21118 Views)

Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / 241 Out Of 7, 430 Students Bag First Class From University Of Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kenmatt:
E be lyke say Law no hard, dis one way them dey bag first class up n down
So it must be difficult I suppose
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by EMCHIZ(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
GentleMoney:
Wow!
Great!!! News..
B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
darfay:

But it doesn't make them automatically igbos. Point proven tho
Greatest Akokite

Unilag does have the best Law Faculty in the country though. Last year, they topped the Nigerian Law School as well, ahead of UNN.

2 Likes

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Daminovic: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Unilag does have the best Law Faculty in the country though. Last year, they topped the Nigerian Law School as well, ahead of UNN.

It was Unilawrin that topped the chart last year not unilag
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by darfay: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

True that. I seriously doubt you attended unilag from you previous post . Anyways it non of my business
Take care
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
Daminovic:

It was Unilawrin that topped the chart last year not unilag

I'm talking of number of 1st class and 2.1 students. Unilorin had the highest pass rate. But they had only 1 1st class compared to 6 for Unilag and 4 for UNN, and they had only 7 2.1's compared to 22 for Unilag and 23 for UNN. You can see a results breakdown here:

2 Likes

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by darfay: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Loool....I'm a Unilag student too. About 40% of my Elect-Elect Department is Igbo. The point is trying to claim that every First Class student is somehow Yoruba is absolute twaddle.

It is impossible for 40% of your class to be igbo as unilag gives admission on merit and catchment(strictly for Yoruba folks)
Be proud of your Anambra state uni

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
darfay:

True that. I seriously doubt you attended unilag from you previous post . Anyways it non of my business
Take care

Attended as a Masters student. UNN was my undergraduate school.

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by darfay: 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Attended as a Masters student. UNN was my undergraduate school.

You should said that earlier was talking of undergraduate. Still don't make lousy assumptions
Again have yourself a nice weekend
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2018
darfay:

It is impossible for 40% of your class to be igbo as unilag gives admission on merit and catchment(strictly for Yoruba folks)
Be proud of your Anambra state uni

At undergraduate level, yes, catchment area provisions means the catchment states tend to have more students. Unilag still has a large Igbo population. 2 of my siblings schooled in Unilag. I could have gone there myself, but I felt like leaving my parents far behind and going to an entirely new environment.

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
darfay:

You should said that earlier was talking of undergraduate. Still don't make lousy assumptions
Again have yourself a nice weekend

Not sure what "lousy assumptions" you're talking about. The lousy assumption is claiming that somehow by default, all 1st class students from any SW school are Yoruba as the OP and others tried to claim. The reality is SW universities are the most cosmopolitan and diverse in the country, so such an assumption is ridiculous.

3 Likes

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Meaning the females are smarter than their male counterparts.
Meaning there are more girls in law than boys
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by BruncleZuma: 1:34pm On Oct 27, 2018
charliboy654:

Meaning there are more girls in law than boys

The burden of fact and proof is now on you my friend please prove it.
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Teeboi56: 1:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
Southwest is leading them quote me if I liar
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Partnerbiz(f): 2:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Mandesz:

law is not really hard. I studied accounting (unilorin). so i minored biz law and coy law in 300l 1st n 2nd semester respectively. I concentrated much tym in reading accounting n finance courses. for me, those courses were workover. I had A in the two. they're like history. past cases e.g dino melaye vs federal govt. lol
What they give you as a borrower of a course is mere basics.

You prolly tool law of contract or business law.

Where they teach you just the peripheral part of offer and acceptance

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by emynicedgreat: 2:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
I know Absu law students won't make it to the list......
When the lecturers are thiefs and the students cultists....
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by karimcarim(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
GentleMoney:
Wow!
Great!!! News..
B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by brojoshua: 4:44pm On Oct 27, 2018
Corruption in education?
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Mandesz(m): 4:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
Partnerbiz:

What they give you as a borrower of a course is mere basics.

You prolly tool law of contract or business law.

Where they teach you just the peripheral part of offer and acceptance
that also be means law students do peripherals at the university level. lol.
datz funny of u anyway. but I own textbooks on both courses, so u can't be better than textbooks. I stand to be corrected, they may not be simple to others but for me they are simpler and more interesting than the accounting course I studied.
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Mandesz(m): 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
darfay:

Also had a in both(unilag) but I don't represent the majority. And I know how hard I had to study and cram over 500pg textbook, sections Of CAMA, case studies and all that. Before you diss us our law faculty waaaay more reputable
4get CAMA, cama is also part of core accounting under auditing. take it or leave it law is simpler than the accounting course I did.
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by insperyadyou: 5:32pm On Oct 27, 2018
HigherEd:

Covenant university doesn't offer Law yet. If we did we would have scattered everywhere cool

Congratulations to ABUAD!

i was wondering why covenant university was not mentioned

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Flows001(m): 6:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kenmatt:
undecided
Kenmatt:
U are indeed very very ignorant,if only u know how our brains dey almost knock for ordinary Law faculty;u for appreciate d effort of these guys for Law school...
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by MightySparrow: 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
yorubakid:
UNN produced 20 not 12
Igbdiots with jealousy
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Kenmatt(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2018
Flows001:
undecided U are indeed very very ignorant,if only u know how our brains dey almost knock for ordinary Law faculty;u for appreciate d effort of these guys for Law school...

20 people can never bag first class at UNN in Mech Engine in a particular set.
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by yorubakid: 7:15pm On Oct 27, 2018
MightySparrow:
Igbdiots with jealousy
who is this
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by yorubakid: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2018

1 Like

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by yorubakid: 7:22pm On Oct 27, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Obi, did you finish from electronic dept in UNN
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2018
yorubakid:
Obi, did you finish from electronic dept in UNN

Electrical.
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by MightySparrow: 12:04am On Oct 28, 2018
yorubakid:
who is this
I, me,myself
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Flows001(m): 11:04am On Nov 06, 2018
Kenmatt:

20 people can never bag first class at UNN in Mech Engine in a particular set.
Mr.Man Law School isn't a University,students from diff Universities gather there for their B.L certificate and in case u dnt knw;we av about six Law schools in d country and d above figure of First class students is d combination of d six Law school campuses around d country in 2018 ...
Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by Flows001(m): 11:12am On Nov 06, 2018
BruncleZuma:

grin
BruncleZuma:

Re: 161 students bag first class from Nigerian Law School — highest ever by tmas30: 1:53pm On Nov 07, 2018
Really want to pass this ican Nov diet?

Watch the replay of our ican Nov diet revision live class on Facebook.

FOUNDATION LEVEL
https://www.facebook.com/pg/starrygoldicanknowledge/videos/

SKILLS LEVEL
https://www.facebook.com/pg/Starry-Gold-ican-Skills-Level-182748325255579/videos/

PROFESSIONAL LEVEL
https://www.facebook.com/pg/starrygoldican/videos/

Lyoncrescent:
Kudos to all of them. It would have been nice to know the proportion of first class per number of each institution. If Afe Babalola University can produce 12 First class out of maybe 30 products, thats a higher percentage than the 12 first class of another school that may have over 60 products in LAW school.

All in All, For those always saying private universities are advanced secondary schools, i hope you can see. I have always maintained that education is meant to be relevant not difficult. The fact that some people got educated under dire and difficult conditions in public universities doesnt necessarily mean their education is better. The LAW school and other professional certifications such as ICAN and ACCA have shown that every university has its own excellent students and discrimination against private universities should stop.All this first class in a private university is same as a second class lower/upper in a public university talk is all bollocks. If you are smart , you are smart regardless of your institution.

Kudos to ABUAD though; a nine year old university having Same first class numbers as great IFE and Ibadan. Babcock has more first class than the Great ABU. LASU law is still King. UNILAG can never fall hand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!! My Results Cannot Be Found In The Department / Top 8 Most Wanted Medical Courses With Employment Opportunities / Bisi Akande Blasts ASUU; Says They Produce Vagabond Graduates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.