Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,562 members, 7,827,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride (21377 Views)

The Itakpe-Warri Railway Buhari Named After Goodluck Jonathan In Pictures / Ajaokuta-Itakpe-Warri Railway To Be Commissioned Soon (Photos) / Itakpe Warri Rail: Test Run Of Trains Commence At Agbor - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Eledan: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:

You and your family bawao.

SS is locked down for Atiku! Who considers Edo true Niger Deltans.

The creeks of Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers, Akwa Ibom and Calabar are all for Atiku and are PDP states.

Go and join your fellow Yoruba people in South West. Bini descended from Yoruba so go give Buhari your allegiance. Afterward he'll send fulani herdsmen to your communities to rape your women folk .

Atiku don loot your brain grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by GeniusVincent(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
Sai baba and haters get in here and asphyxiate. sad cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Olukat(m): 3:41pm On Oct 26, 2018
rusher14:

There's nothing like a line completely dedicated to cargo.

Stop fooling yourself.

Wise man pls tell me where the stations are?
I would like to go for the free ride!
You are the one fooling yourself here.
You should as well ask yourself what is the significance of a rail line between Warri and Itakpe?
Not Warri-Benin or Lagos shocked
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by ofuonyebi: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2018
lets leave bitter politics alone...and commend what is good in nigeria

in the area of rail transport...pmb has done well through amechi...the lion of the south-south

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:
Too little too late.

If you like relocate the capital of Nigeria to Port Harcourt.

We SS will vote you out!
AND YOU ARE ALREADY LOOSING OUT BECAUSE YOU ARE A MINORITY IN THE PROJECT CALLED NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by rusher14: 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
Olukat:

Wise man pls tell me where the stations are?
I would like to go for the free ride!
You are the one fooling yourself here.
You should as well ask yourself what is the significance of a rail line between Warri and Itakpe?
Not Warri-Benin or Lagos shocked

Ajaokuta is a mining town.

Man and materials would be conveyed to and fro.

For schedules and stations Google is your friend.

3 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by RataNata(m): 3:47pm On Oct 26, 2018
Nice one. #campaign

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by dewumi77(m): 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
We now a government that works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by BedLam: 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2018
olujastro:
Kudos to Amaechi. This rail line will link the Ajaokuta steel plant currently being worked on to Warri port, with plans to extend passenger service to Abuja.

If you ask some people why they want to vote this govt out, they cite economic hardship and lack of money in their pockets.
Apparently, PDP's 16yrs of "share the money" has ruined the mentality of Nigerians as to how an economy actually works.
They looted the treasury, spent the loots lavishly and this spending somehow trickled down to the ordinary man on the streets. And because money was circulating, Nigerians say the economy is good and they prefer corruption era to integrity. *smh*

How an economy actually works is...the govt builds critical infrastructure and investors come in to create companies/businesses that employ Nigerians. All the developed countries we're running to had to go through this phase to become economic giants.

Money isn't circulating unlike before because there is no looted funds flying around. No more free money. Instead, it's going to fixing our infrastructure for the future.
Your parents were not rich but were only giving you proceeds of corruption.
Lazy youths should go and work for money!

I see a great Nigeria in less than a decade if we continue on this track.
4+4 = More infrastructural developments.
fool. Not circulating because people like Ganduje de chop all. Get sense.
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by rottennaija(m): 3:52pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:
Too little too late.

We SS will vote you out!

Which ss? speak for yourself and possibly your family

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Olukat(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
rusher14:

Ajaokuta is a mining town.

Man and materials would be conveyed to and fro.

For schedules and stations Google is your friend.

I don't google about my country my friend, those distorted stories there are aimed at lazy Nigerians.
Go to any National archives and look out for what Warri-Itakpe line was built for!
If the purpose of which the initial project was contracted for isn't feasible then they owe us explanation.
Not twisting it for political gains.
I doubt if you ever traveled on train in this country I did! So you should know I know more than you
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by ogunsj: 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:
Too little too late.

We SS will vote you out!
who be we? south south is already for PMB. edo state is APC, Akwa Ibom is already falling to APC, same thing with delta state. Rivers will be 50/50, only bayelsa and cross River with less population is solely for PDP, so dream on.

3 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by fasterwell(m): 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Olukat:

sad It's obvious zombies have a different meaning to "abandon"
I wish PMB could initiate any project the way GEJ did during his administration.
Itakpe/Warri line is an industrial line already concluded to a standard gauge rail system.
Running around Nigeria looking for tapes to cut won't add value to this confused administration. shocked

He started Lagos - Ibadan rail project which about 150km and it is over 75% completion at the moment . By December/January the train will take off.

It will not take more than 3 years for that phase to be completed.

Abuja light rail is below 60km and all the paper work and planning were done by Yar'Ardua in late 2009, but Jonathan could not complete the project in 5 years.

Get a life

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by rusher14: 3:56pm On Oct 26, 2018
Olukat:

I don't google about my country my friend, those distorted stories their is aim at lazy Nigerians.
Go to any National archives and look out for what Warri-Itakpe line was built for!
If the purpose of which the initial project was contracted for isn't feasible then they owe us explanation.
Not twisting it for political gains.
I doubt if you ever traveled on train in this country I did! So you should know I know more than you

It was built for man and materials.

You cannot know everything about your country.

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by bantudra: 3:59pm On Oct 26, 2018
BubuZombi:

Stupid IPOBiot spotted

Buhari don't need SS vote to win election...

How many una be sef

dont mind am....i bet he is igbo deltans....i studied them....they are suffering from identity disorder....

they dont know were they realy belong....

thats why delta should stay out of biafra stuff....people like him would like to wish people like me away....but we are still deltans......

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Eledan: 4:00pm On Oct 26, 2018
Project Dumping Party
(PDP) @OfficialPDPNig

All Projects Completed
(APC) @OfficialAPCNg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Duru1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 26, 2018
Sometimes I wonder why Nigeria is still standing as a country. Why should a new rail line starts to function when the old eastern line from Kaduna to Port Harcourt is closed down?
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2018
felines:

I used to work at Itakpe near okene where the iron ore mining company is located. This line is a dedicated iron ore line, long long ago completed and having serviceable locomotives already. It was NEVER conceived to be a mass transit line, and was under the purview of the ministry of power and steel.
The idea that it is now for mass transit means the iron and steel plant is being shelved, and that is worrying. If you are truly on a mission to revive the economy, awaken the steel company. That will empower the region in much the same way as an oil company would.
sir/ma do you know what container train looks like, that train can also use the track without any problem at all, we just need to be learned before we wail.

The picture below is what a container train looks like and it can ply on any rail track at all, I just don't understand how bitter you ppl feel when something good emerges for this country.

I'm still trying to figure that out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by gare(f): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/10/26/itakpe-warri-nigerian-railway-to-commence-one-month-free-train-ride/

I dont know if Nigerians Know why this rioute was created for transportation of Iron Ore, ITAKPE to Delta Steel company, not Warri as a town, from the Train route to Warri town is about 90 mins Drive, with heavy traffice it not a commercial route, can the Government tell us the cities or towns along this route? Are they commercially viable towns that will attract lots of passenger, apart from Warri that is almost dead economically.
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by mapet: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2018
seunmsg:
Another abandoned project completed and delivered by PMB. By tomorrow, Olongbojiyan will issue another statement claiming Jonathan and PDP initiated, paid for and completed the project but forgot to make it work before hand over. Kudos to PMB jare.

Bros,

You and I know the reason PDP "initiated" most of these project is to "whack" the money and abandon the project......which obviously they did. It was NEVER about completing any

3 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2018
Duru1:
Sometimes I wonder why Nigeria is standing as a country. Why should a new rail line starts to function when the old eastern line from Kaduna to Port Harcourt is closed down?
did u read what you type before posting at all?

Is kaduna to Port Harcourt Nigeria?

Other states shouldn't have rain again?

Some ppl dey think with their anus.

Probably this one go be U-21 even some U-21 self don dey get sense like real adult of mid 30

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by megautche: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2018
What is the expected traffic on this line. Can this line generate revenue to pay for the cost of building it.
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by KINGinVAHALA: 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2018
Funnicator:
Too little too late.

We SS will vote you out!
Nigga, I am a full blooded SS, but I am given Buhari my 100% support and votes. So who are the we you made reference to?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by OHIsIManuEL(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2018
rusher14:

It was built for man and materials.

"You cannot know everything about your country.
It's original purpose never involved transporting man
The Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail line was conceived and developed in the 1980s as an integral part of the country’s iron and steel development project, and specifically for
moving steel billets from the main Ajaokuta plant to Aladja steel rolling mill in Delta State"
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/revival-of-itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-rail-line-265121.html
I only provided you with proof, I'm sure you needed that. Haven grown up in DSC, we already know all these
I don't know if I should commend them for what they did or question them for not sticking to the original purpose of the railway. We need some explanations.
Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by georgecso(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2018
As usual they always initiate it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
mapet:

Bros,

You and I know the reason PDP "initiated" most of these project is to "whack" the money and abandon the project......which obviously they did. It was NEVER about completing any
you get sense.
They initiate project siphone the money and abandon it forever.
Did you know how project Obj abandoned and yar'adua came in and never touched it, instead he initiated his too and abandon it, Gej came didn't continue the projects those PDP past administration initiated instead he also started his to siphons the cash, last last we got a president who has the people at heart instead of abandoning these projects he rather finished them because he know it'll be good for the people and Nigeria at large, then some ppl will now come after commissioning saying they initiated, funded and completed the project to 85% and some ppl will come be saying yes it's true.
una never wan get sense at all.

There's a lot of corruption in this admin but it's 100+ beta than the previous admis.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Eledan: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2018
MrRush:
did u read what you type before posting at all?

Is kaduna to Port Harcourt Nigeria?

Other states shouldn't have rain again?

Some ppl dey think with their anus.

Probably this one go be U-21 even some U-21 self don dey get sense like real adult of mid 30

That is Dede you are talking to!

He is in his late 60’s. A Biafra war veteran.

1 Like

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2018
OHIsIManuEL:

The Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Warri rail line was conceived and developed in the 1980s as an integral part of the country’s iron and steel development project, and specifically for
moving steel billets from the main Ajaokuta plant to Aladja steel rolling mill in Delta State"
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/revival-of-itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-rail-line-265121.html
I only provided you with proof, I'm sure you needed that. Haven grown up in DSC, we already know all these
I don't know if I should commend them for what they did or question them for not sticking to the original purpose of the railway. We need some explanations.
it still doesn't stop them from using it for the original purpose na, container trains can still use the track just as the commercial trains too, so?
They don't build special tracks for container trains.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:33pm On Oct 26, 2018
Eledan:

That is Dede you are talking to!

He is in his late 60’s. A Biafra war veteran.
is it the result of the war Dede fought that's making him act like U-19 or is the normal saying that *when you're getting old you start acting like a kid*?

2 Likes

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by rusher14: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2018
OHIsIManuEL:

It is somewhat worrisome that Nigeria is still battling with laying tracks for standard gauge when other countries are already completing turbo trains and other variations of high-speed train. The Minister was even celebrating that Nigeria would be the first country in Africa with a standard gauge line when it is common knowledge that there are considerable numbers of high speed rails in Africa, and nearly all high-speed rail lines are known to use standard gauge.

Nevertheless, the little success recorded so far is commendable. The completion of this rail line holds many prospects. It will undeniably provide the impetus for the resuscitation of the well-known Ajaokuta Steel Company that has remained in a shameful state for many years, and also bring back ancillary industries that have gone into extinction due to inactivity. The rail line will also significantly affect the functionality of the Delta Port, Warri since the original plan was to provide a freight system for the transportation of steel from the Ajaokuta Steel Mill to the iron ore deposits at Itakpe and provide it with coal, imported through the Delta port.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/shipsandports.com.ng/revival-itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-rail-line/%3famp_markup=1

Further reading:

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)correspondent on the entourage observed that the rail site had abandoned facilities such as the wagons, communication towers, locomotives workshop, rolling stock depot and clinic.

The rail site was constructed since 1994 but was not completed, while the Agbor, Abraka and Warri sites, the tracks and the environment were covered with thick vegetation. 

https://www.pulse.ng/news/business/rotimi-amaechi-itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-rail-line-to-start-operation-in-june-2018-id7113878.html

Also:

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-rail-line-explained-id8673116.html

Contrast with a 2012 article on same project:

The Minister of Transport, Senator Idris Umar, has assured the nation that the Warri-Ajaokuta standard gauge rail line will be completed by March next year.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/theeagleonline.com.ng/amp/fg-re-affirms-commitment-to-completion-of-itakpe-ajaokuta-warri-ore-rail-line

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by MrRush(m): 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2018
gare:

I dont know if Nigerians Know why this rioute was created for transportation of Iron Ore, ITAKPE to Delta Steel company, not Warri as a town, from the Train route to Warri town is about 90 mins Drive, with heavy traffice it not a commercial route, can the Government tell us the cities or towns along this route? Are they commercially viable towns that will attract lots of passenger, apart from Warri that is almost dead economically.
now I know some people are not learned.
See everything city, town or village needs a means of transportation, either rail, ferry or otherwise that's how development starts, that's how economy will start growing in those villages.
1) either they take something to the city from those villages
Or
2) they bring something in from the city to those villages
Either way it improves the lives of the people in such community/village
We're just too backward in this country, ppl ain't thinking in the right directions.
Your comment is so embarrassing to human race.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itakpe/warri: Nigerian Railway To Commence One Month Free Train Ride by Lota11(m): 5:06pm On Oct 26, 2018
Dem wan spoil market for Greener Line transport

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Treks From Ahoada To Port Harcourt For Governor Wike's Victory / Palm Wine Tapper Killed In Bayelsa By Speeding Vehicle. Graphic Photos / Trailer Crushes Motorcyclist And Passenger To Death In Makurdi (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.