Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,953 members, 7,952,840 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:01 AM

He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate (3726 Views)

Dorsey: Elon Musk Couldn't Run Twitter; It All Went South After He Bought It / Man Shares His Experience With iPhone 11 He Bought For N17k / Which Mobile Network Provider Currently Offers More Data Vol At A Cheaper Price? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by ExAngel007(f): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2018
haaaaa uncle you can lie oooooh
Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by Charismatic107: 7:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
Tenny05:
I have a fairly used TV to sell. contact me if you are interested. grin
specification and how much are you selling

1 Like

Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by Tenny05(m): 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2018
Charismatic107:
specification and how much are you selling
You want to go to jail abi? grin
Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by maasoap(m): 10:28pm On Oct 27, 2018
Kingv:
Nwora Ike Obiora,

Some weeks back I was at the Lagos State High Court, Igbosere, Lagos Island before Honourable Justice Jose to be precise for a matter I had that day.

My matter was actually number 15 on the cause list. I was patiently waiting for my matter to be called up while I was observing other proceedings of the day.

Two matters away before mine could be called, a matter was called up. It was a criminal matter and was slated for judgment. The Defendant made entrance into the dock, parties announced appearances and the Judge proceeded with the judgment. Midway into the judgment, I could already seen the accused person being sentenced to death.

I was actually right in my conclusion as the Judge validated same when she convicted and sentenced the Defendant to death for the of Armed Robbery.

BRIEF FACTS OF THE CASE
Sometime in 2013, the Defendant bought a fairly used iPhone at a cheaper rate from someone he doesn't know, who claimed he needed money to solve a problem, hence the need to sell his phone. Fast forward to 2 months later, the Defendant was tracked and arrested.

He was charged to Court for armed robbery (an offence which carries a mandatory death sentence). The complainant had actually been robbed of his phone, car and other valuables at gunpoint and the said phone was sold to the unsuspecting Defendant.

The Judge relying on Section 167(a) of the Evidence Act 2011 which provides that anyone who is possession of a stolen goods soon after the theft is either the thief or has received them knowing them to be stolen unless he can account for his possession convicted and sentenced the Defendant to death.

LESSON(S)
- Avoid buying fairly used gadgets even from market overt.

- If you must buy fairly used gadgets, ensure that you know the vendor too well and that you can vouch for his or her integrity.

- Avoid the case of penny wise pound foolish. You save money to get a cheaper product only for you to spend times 1000 of the said sum later on.

22/10/2018

The defendant should appeal the judgment if what you posted really happened. That judgement was trash. Did the victim recognise him as one of the suspects that robbed him? If not, the judge was wrong in sentencing him to death for buying or just being in possession of goods that were stolen at gunpoint.
Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by Charismatic107: 12:17am On Oct 28, 2018
Tenny05:
You want to go to jail abi? grin
at least you no fit track television grin

1 Like

Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by Adinije(f): 6:27am On Oct 28, 2018
It was his greed that got him in trouble. When he will be looking to buy phones that worth 100k for 50k.

If it is too good to be true, then it isn't
Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by zeanslim(m): 10:02am On Oct 28, 2018
Don't be like the defendant, Don't buy stolen 2nd hand phones when you can easily get a budget phone.

Best Cheap Android Phones You Can Buy

this phones are of high quality , 3GB to 4GB RAM phones, can run any games and take awesome pictures for almost free price.

Remember - fines, legal fees and jail time are more expensive.

Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by SpaceAngel: 10:14am On Oct 30, 2018
For those writing "it's a lie", pray to God you never be in such condition. If it is proven that your SIM has been in such phone, and the phone was used for crime, you are finally finished. The only saving grace will be to have a solid link to seller else you are the criminal and will face the FULL wrath of the law. It is better to buy a cheap new phone and have peace of mind than buying an expensive second hand phone and maybe end up in Jail.
Re: He Bought His Death At A "Cheaper" Rate by flexerking(m): 10:47am On Oct 30, 2018
SpaceAngel:
For those writing "it's a lie", pray to God you never be in such condition. If it is proven that your SIM has been in such phone, and the phone was used for crime, you are finally finished. The only saving grace will be to have a solid link to seller else you are the criminal and will face the FULL wrath of the law. It is better to buy a cheap new phone and have peace of mind than buying an expensive second hand phone and maybe end up in Jail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wow, Check Out This Angry Earbud. Looks Really Angry / Redmi A3 Full Specifications, Features, Reviews And Price / I Got My Samsung S5 3wks Ago, The Phone Is Far *BELOW*My Expectation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.