Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh (481 Views)

Lance Corporal Martins Arrested After Calling Out Buratai, Service Chiefs / Bashir Ahmad Tackles Aliyu Atiku For Calling Buhari A Dictator / US Government Speaks On Calling Buhari “Lifeless” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by activistjohnny(m): 7:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Former National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh (m); with his counsels after his appearance at the Federal High Court in Abuja on Wednesday (25/10/17). 05674/25/10/2017/Anthony Alabi/ ICE/NAN. The former spokesman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Olisa Metuh said he was threatened and eventually arrested after criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari as an ‘unrepentant tyrant’.
Metuh said this while giving evidence as the 15th defence witness in his trial alongside his company, Destra Investments Ltd, in a seven-count charge of receiving the sum of N400m arms funds from former National Security Adviser (NSA), Sambo Dasuki in 2014 at the Federal High Court in Abuja.
Metuh said in the course of his duty as the Publicity Secretary of the PDP in December 2015, he responded to the president’s Media Chat where he informed Nigerians ‘that his government can arrest and detain any Nigerian at will’ by telling him that he was becoming ‘an unrepentant tyrant.’
Metuh said the statement “resulted in another round of warnings and threats from the government that they would ‘not take it kindly with Olisa Metuh as the Publicity Secretary of the PDP’.”
He said the former Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, who led a Federal Government delegation to a burial programme in Ebonyi State threatened him in the presence of the elders of the PDP in the South East that the Federal Government has decided to teach him a lesson.
Earlier, Justice Okon Abang refused an objection by prosecution counsel, Sylvanus Tahir, to reject the irrelevant aspects of the defence by Metuh.
The case has been adjourned to November 26 to 30 for hearing. https://thenigerialawyer.com/i-was-arrested-after-calling-buhari-unrepentant-tyrant-metuh/
Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by activistjohnny(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2018
Alleged N400m Fraud: Metuh continues testimony as Court rejects another request for adjournment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEqLw80Quzw

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by dROC1: 7:49am On Oct 27, 2018
FTC
Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by roundman: 8:04am On Oct 27, 2018
Nah be say Ffk and fayose for don die...stories for the gods.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by rusher14: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2018
Why then did you offer to return the 400 million Naira after the period of grace expired?

1 Like

Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by LamidiCownu: 9:08am On Oct 27, 2018
Isn't this the same coward who chewed his own statement

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by MalcoImX: 9:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Why should you then return N400 million to the coffers of the FG? Which work did you do that you receive such sums of money? This is all you PDP are good at doing when you were in power.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Was Arrested After Calling Buhari Unrepentant Tyrant — Metuh by Omeokachie: 9:45am On Oct 27, 2018
But Buhari remains an unrepentant tyrant.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is Straight-up Nigeria's Most Successful Conman - Farooq Kperogi / 2019 Election: Think Twice Before Supporting Someone Like Buhari – Yoruba Youths / New Minimum Wage: Why Court Cannot Stop Nationwide Strike – Labour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.