Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest (264 Views)

Ibrahim Musa Kazaure: I Deserve To Be Jailed Over How I Served Nigeria / Buni: APC Asks Judiciary To Punish PDP’s Abuse Of Court Processes / Zamfara APC Gov’ship Aspirants Petition NJC Over Abuse Of Court Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by activistjohnny(m): 9:34am On Oct 27, 2018
West Idahosa, counsel to Osadolor Ochei, an Edo-based activist, says he served the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) with court processes of the suit seeking the arrest of Adams Oshiomhole, national chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
Ochei had filed an application at the federal high court in Abuja seeking the arrest and prosecution of Oshiomole for alleged diversion of state funds to personal use while he was the governor of Edo state between 2008 and 2016.
The suit no FHC/ABJ/CS/628/, filed by Idahosa on behalf of the plaintiff, has Oshiomole and the EFCC as first and second respondents respectively.
In his ruling on October 9, Anwuli Chikere, presiding judge of the federal high court in Abuja, ordered Oshiomhole and the EFCC be served with court processes within five days.
When the suit was heard on October 23, Oshiomhole’s lawyers were represented in court but the anti-graft agency’s counsels were not there.
Wilson Uwajaren, EFCC spokesman, later said the commission failed to show up because the plaintiff did not serve the commission with processes.
“The Commission frowns at the attempt by counsel to the plaintiff, West Idahosa, to mislead the court with claims that the Commission had been served,” the statement read in part.
“Had the Commission been served, it would have been in court. Ours is an agency that holds the judiciary in high esteem and we will never disregard summons by courts of competent jurisdiction. The truth is that the Commission did not receive any summons.”
However, Idahosa insisted he served the EFCC with the motion on notice on October 11.
He presented an affidavit of service to buttress his claim. The affidavit was signed by the commissioner for oath at the federal high court in Abuja.
Idahosa said there is an attempt to rubbish his image though there is evidence that he served the commission with the notice.
Uwujaren could not be reached on Friday evening as his telephone line was out of reach. https://thenigerialawyer.com/i-served-efcc-with-court-processes-says-lawyer-involved-in-suit-seeking-oshiomholes-arrest/

Re: I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by activistjohnny(m): 9:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Oshiomole Ole! Oshiomole Ole!!!

Angry APC members chants thief thief on APC National Chairman Adams Oshiomole over the controversial party primaries.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MZ5OGgb2K8
Re: I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by richidinho(m): 9:35am On Oct 27, 2018
Make any iidiot come here dey tell me say Buhari is figting corruption
Re: I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by Omeokachie: 9:38am On Oct 27, 2018
So Magu had to be compelled by the court to investigate Oshi-omoh-OLE.
This is the same EFCC that would ask people to come forward with petitions, but refused to accept petition against Oshi-omoh-OLE because of his membership of the APC.
Re: I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by nnachukz(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2018
Who expects EFCC whose boss wears APC tag publicly to do anything against their chairman. Magu is an APC member, that was why they were fighting tooth and nail to keep him in that position even when the Senate couldn't clear him.
Re: I Served EFCC Court Processes,lawyer Involved In Suit Seeking Oshio Arrest by activistjohnny(m): 10:27am On Oct 27, 2018
nnachukz:
Who expects EFCC whose boss wears APC tag publicly to do anything against their chairman. Magu is an APC member, that was why they were fighting tooth and nail to keep him in that position even when the Senate couldn't clear him.
that is what is confusing here, i don't know what is stopping Efcc in investigating oshiomole corruption and money laundering.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Challenges Buhari Over Fresh Certificate Saga..charges Him To Do The Needful / Fayose Released From Prison After Meeting Bail Conditions / Nass: Sack #petroleum-minister-buhari #sackpmb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.