Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. (1385 Views)

What Are The Prospect Of A Chemical Engineer In Nigeria? / NPOWER Has Changed My Career Prospect. / Prospect Of A Medical Doctor In The Armed Forces (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 9:49am On Oct 27, 2018
I want to transition into the Business Analyst career path. I. want to know the future prospect, job opportunities and pay check of a business analyst and what are the chances of getting a job as a beginner in Business Analyst.
I also need advice on what steps to take to building a successful career in Business Analysis because I am of a science background.
Pls advice from experience Business Analyst will be of help.
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 10:34am On Oct 27, 2018
oduntannaa:
not much in nigeria
do you mean there are not much job opportunities for BBusiness Analyst in Nigeria?
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by mrphysics(m): 1:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ebi4life:
do you mean there are not much job opportunities for BBusiness Analyst in Nigeria?
Ignore him. He is just selling his product.

BA is best done by those that studied computer science or from the science background. Currently in Nigeria, most business analysts work in the IT industry. They are also called system analysts. LinkedIn is filled with companies looking for a business analyst.

For the ones in IT companies, salary starts from 150k upwards. This is from someone in the field.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2018
mrphysics:

BA is best done by those that studied computer science or from the science background. Currently in Nigeria, most business analysts work in the IT industry. They are also called system analysts. LinkedIn is filled with companies looking for a business analyst.

For the ones in IT companies, salary starts from 150k upwards. This is from someone in the field.
thanks sir. Pls I would love to speak with you so that I can get some advice from you. Chat me up on 07036739600.
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by mrphysics(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2018
Ebi4life:
thanks sir. Pls I would love to speak with you so that I can get some advice from you. Chat me up on 07036739600.
Unfortunately bro, I can only discuss with you through email. I don't take nairaland discussions to private for reasons best known to me
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 3:51pm On Oct 27, 2018
mrphysics:

Unfortunately bro, I can only discuss with you through email. I don't take nairaland discussions to private for reasons best known to me
ok. My mail is eofubu@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by philip0906(m): 10:15am On Oct 28, 2018
mrphysics:

Brilliant response...question I've always wanted to ask is where can a Business analyst freelance? I mean aside the normal 9-5 job, can a business analyst freelance and make good money on the side? If yes, where and what platforms?
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by mrphysics(m): 10:54am On Oct 28, 2018
philip0906:

Brilliant response...question I've always wanted to ask is where can a Business analyst freelance? I mean aside the normal 9-5 job, can a business analyst freelance and make good money on the side? If yes, where and what platforms?
How doubt if one can freelance BA role as it involves elicitation method which implies you meeting all stakeholders of the project therefore exposing you to the business secrets of the firm you're freelancing for. No such firm would take that risk.

Also, your designed solution can be compromised and can be used to take off the firm if you have long leg.

Everything is possible shaaa
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by philip0906(m): 10:59am On Oct 28, 2018
mrphysics:

How doubt if one can freelance BA role as it involves elicitation method which implies you meeting all stakeholders of the project therefore exposing you to the business secrets of the firm you're freelancing for. No such firm would take that risk.

Also, your designed solution can be compromised and can be used to take off the firm if you have long leg.

Everything is possible shaaa
True that. Means the business analyst skills are only valuable for paid employment or personal projects.
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by mrphysics(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2018
philip0906:

True that. Means the business analyst skills are only valuable for paid employment or personal projects.
To the best of my knowledge. It is possible to freelance it, however, I haven't seen where it is done.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
I want to devote atleast 3 hours daily to learn about Business Analysis.
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by kayc0(f): 10:26am On Oct 30, 2018
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 12:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
kayc0:
what learning platform do you intend doing this Sir?
ONLINE. Youtube.
Zarentech is 182,000 naira for their training
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ebi4life: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
mrphysics:

To the best of my knowledge. It is possible to freelance it, however, I haven't seen where it is done.
I have sent you my mail address, but I am yet to hear from you. eofubu@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Prospect For A Business Analyst. by Ikedonn(m): 1:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Reading

(1) (Reply)

Prince Certificatin & Lagos Business School / Diamond Bank test / Ethernet Roadmap 2016 - All Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.