Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,208 members, 7,811,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) (7265 Views)

How Can I Download Whatsapp With My Nokia 5330? / Nokia 5330 Mobile Tv Edition For Dstv Mobile From Mtn / How Do I Connect Nokia 5330(dstv Mobile) To Laptop(hp Pavilon) Or Tv (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by Nixo: 8:09pm On Jul 18, 2010

Can anyone with useful information about the procedure for the activation of the BIG BROTHER station on Nokia 5330 DSTV Mobile phone post it here please.

Thank you. cheesy cheesy
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by olaremint(m): 1:30pm On Jul 20, 2010
my brother, mine was showing it on S4, all of a sudden, the station refused to load, its a great let down from dstv.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by aieromon(m): 3:06pm On Jul 20, 2010
Go to the subscriptions menu and select RETRIEVE SUBSCRIPTION.Mine has been working all day.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by Nixo: 7:04pm On Jul 20, 2010
aieromon:

Go to the subscriptions menu and select RETRIEVE SUBSCRIPTION.Mine has been working all day.

Thanks for the assistance, however, it still aint showing after retrieving the subscription.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by Dclique(m): 8:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
Delete all channels. Go outside, scan again. Purchase all,
then go to BBA, set ur parent control to 18. If it asks for code 1st, input ur phone security code default is 12345
thank me later
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by Nixo: 9:28am On Jul 21, 2010
Dclique:

Delete all channels. Go outside, scan again. Purchase all,
then go to BBA, set your parent control to 18. If it asks for code 1st, input your phone security code default is 12345
thank me later

Thanks for your assistance.I am so confused with the thing now cos there are some that are activated without a security code and some others can be viewed using the 12345 code. Probably have to get to a Nokia care center or DSTV Outlet now. Na wao,
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by aieromon(m): 3:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
Nixo:

Thanks for your assistance.I am so confused with the thing now cos there are some that are activated without a security code and some others can be viewed using the 12345 code. Probably have to get to a Nokia care center or DSTV Outlet now. Na wao,

You don't need to go that far.Set the parental control to NONE by entering your security code.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by Nixo: 3:21pm On Jul 21, 2010
aieromon:

You don't need to go that far.Set the parental control to NONE by entering your security code.

The parental code cannot even be altered on my phone in the first place. Seems it is permanently set as 16 and the security code of 12345 aint working for it at all. a "code error" message appears once you input the code 12345. Any other options available?
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by aieromon(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2010
The security code is your phone code.For Nokia phones,the default code is 12345.Maybe you've changed it so you berra enter the new phone code.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by jaysay(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2010
its a pity that even in some MTN  offices, they could not fix the Big Brother issue.
Nairaland is a place to visit. we help each other here. I actually tried the suggestion here
and it worked.

if it did not work for you, try this. this is what I did.

I restore factory setting. and restrted the phone.
went to the DSTV menu
allowed it to scan
then purchased the subscription
wait for the subscription to be delivered
then set the parental lock to 18
you will see it by presing the settings option menu when the tv is on

when you do it should work. some of those that work in mtn offices
are not given adequate training. I  dont think it is there fault,
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by olaremint(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2010
This is the key, remove your mtn sim, insert another mtn sim, let it scan and purchase, remove this sim and put your mtn sim, scan and purchase, code is 12345, make sure you have at least 50 naira on the phone before this, BBA will come on, i did this and have been enjoying since yesterday, and the bombshell BARCLAYS PREMIERSHIP is back with DSTV, this is going to be fun for free.
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:22pm On Jul 23, 2010
e go shock una say na now DSTV go remove the FOC from this thing!!

u think they are in the business to be nice to u pple? 100MILL $ no be beans o, nigeria alone must cough out that money, the rest of africa na just profit!!
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by yeahamcute: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2010
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by DamDam1: 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2010
@4llerbuntu u mayb right o, i also av d feeling dat MTN might stop dis free mobile DSTV
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by adeknoah: 11:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
pls can some one help me, i cant subscribe on my mtn dstv mobile. Am using nokia n96, wen am trying to subscribe after sometime they tell me am not allow to subscribe i should contact service provider. Can somebody help me out? Please!
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by adeknoah: 11:51pm On Jul 22, 2011
pls can some one help me, i cant subscribe on my mtn dstv mobile. Am using nokia n96, wen am trying to subscribe after sometime they tell me am not allow to subscribe i should contact service provider. Can somebody help me out? Please!
Re: Big Brother And Dstv Mobile (nokia 5330) by adeknoah: 11:54pm On Jul 22, 2011

(1) (Reply)

Rooted Phone Tweaks / Help Me With Mtn Mms Manual Configuration / Apple's Biggest Secret Finally Exposed!!! Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.