Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:14 AM

3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria (3011 Views)

Fuel Subsidy Removal: Cost Of Living, Petrol Rates In Oil Producing Countries / Only 3 States Generate IGR More Than Allocation From FAAC — Dr Ayawei / Unemployment Rates: The Highest And Lowest In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by abc115: 6:40pm On Oct 27, 2018
Is there a reason why the 3 States with the highest UNEMPLOYMENT rates in Nigeria, according to @nigerianstat data (2017), are PDP States?

Rivers: 41.8% unemployment
Akwa Ibom: 36.6%
Bayelsa: 30.4%

Those 3 (+ Delta) also happen to collect the highest oil revenues in Nigeria.

https://twitter.com/toluogunlesi/status/1056092343596650497

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by afroniger: 6:45pm On Oct 27, 2018
And they are all PDP states and collect relatively higher allocations than most other states. Wike, Udom, and Dickson need to do more. undecided

4 Likes

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by dreamwords: 6:46pm On Oct 27, 2018
afonja should focus on his apc states

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 6:48pm On Oct 27, 2018
I think the issue isn't all about non availability of jobs in those state but that most of the youths in those areas prefer not to work but look for meal ticket illegally.

1 Like

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by zionmde: 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2018
I guess we can also have the list of 10 states with the highest killings. Let's see if one PDP State will be there.
I rather be alive unemployed than to die in the hands of murderers due to insecurity

2 Likes

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by kettykin: 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2018
Yorubas are experts in other people's matter

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by ZKOSOSO(m): 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2018
BMCBureau of Statistics...!

Kwantinu...
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by omokab: 7:10pm On Oct 27, 2018
zionmde:
I guess we can also have the list of 10 states with the highest killings. Let's see if one PDP State will be there.
I rather be alive unemployed than to die in the hands of murderers due to insecurity
shot uo! Degfender of crime and failure. The ten state with the highset killing cant be completed without including rivers state there. Which week you read a news and you will not find out that people were killed intrivers state? Pdp monkey.

3 Likes

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by tossie101(f): 7:11pm On Oct 27, 2018
angry
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by kotv: 7:14pm On Oct 27, 2018
As long it's a Tolu Ogunlesi that said this, I'll ignore the rubbish. When did Tolu's and more or less APC supporters speak the truth?
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by zionmde: 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2018
omokab:
shot uo! Degfender of crime and failure. The ten state with the highset killing cant be completed without including rivers state there. Which week you read a news and you will not find out that people were killed intrivers state? Pdp monkey.
can u read wat u just typed
I wonder how Messiah Buhari couldn't do anything about the level of illiteracy in the north. go to school u won't
mynd44 is calling someone a PDP monkey allowed. because I have some names up my sleeves
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Jerrosky1986(m): 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2018
Delta the highest. okowa has not employed since he became the governor. na only yahoo and keke guys full Area
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by eddyghali(m): 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2018
Alexk2:
I think the issue isn't all about non availability of jobs in those state but that most of the youths in those areas prefer not to work but look for meal ticket illegally.
Thunder fire you. wetin Udom do for this Akwa Ibom state wer dey bring job. be running your mouth...u hear?
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Xfemt(m): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2018
D list is not complete with out edo state
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Bolustical: 9:41pm On Oct 27, 2018
The reason Lagos is the most developing/most developed state in Nigeria is that PDP has never ruled it before.

PDP is synonymous with failure and poverty.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by socialmediaman: 9:42pm On Oct 27, 2018
So what happened to the 2 Million Jobs Annually that Buhari and APC promised Nigerians? Maybe they were so massive that NBS could not capture them...
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by activistjohnny(m): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2018
Bolustical:
The reason Lagos is the most developing/most developed state in Nigeria is that PDP has never ruled it before.

PDP is synonymous with failure and poverty.
stop replying in this manner. yoruba people always behave maturely issues that is comfronting them. this clueless and propagandist tolu ogunlesi has been bursted severally on twitter. what he posted was highly false compared to the highly unemployment and poverty rate in south west state.

1 Like

Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Xisnin(m): 10:07pm On Oct 27, 2018
The illiterates are at it again.
Those states are oil producing states which means that a large portion of the population can't farm.
Remove farming from the other states(except Lagos) and they will all be even.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Bolustical: 10:17pm On Oct 27, 2018
[s]
activistjohnny:
stop replying in this manner. yoruba people always behave maturely issues that is comfronting them. this clueless and propagandist tolu ogunlesi has been bursted severally on twitter. what he posted was highly false compared to the highly unemployment and poverty rate in south west state.
[/s]
He supported his claim with a source, please back your own different claim with credible source(not from IPOB Bureau of Statistics).

And saying the SW states other Nigerians come in droves for a greener pasture will top unemployment list is ridiculous.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
eddyghali:

Thunder fire you. wetin Udom do for this Akwa Ibom state wer dey bring job. be running your mouth...u hear?
While I'll just disregard your insult and coursing, I want you to read My comment once more but this time, comprehend it very well before you quote me again.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Odingo1: 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2018
Bolustical:
[s][/s]
He supported his claim with a source, please back your own different claim with credible source(not from IPOB Bureau of Statistics).

And saying the SW states other Nigerians come in droves for a greener pasture will top unemployment list is ridiculous.

Nobody move to SW states in droves, people migrate to Lagos which is the economic capital of Nigeria, Lagos was built by FG, British and Nigerians, Lagos is not even part of Western Nigeria in the Nigeria constitution. Lagos was built the same way Abuja is been build now pumping heavy resources into it as they did for Lagos for almost 30 years.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by eddyghali(m): 3:42pm On Oct 28, 2018
Alexk2:

While I'll just disregard your insult and coursing, I want you to read My comment once more but this time, comprehend it very well before you quote me again.

Why did you have to say what you said. That people in that region refuse to work as if you were a one time governor there. ok u wanted us to know you knew economics small, and be noticed. we have notice you, weldone. If you were saying this in Uyo, i would arrange for your beating and na people with B.sc, HND and M.sc for beat u.
Re: 3 States With The Highest UNEMPLOYMENT Rates In Nigeria by Alexk2(m): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2018
eddyghali:

Why did you have to say what you said. That people in that region refuse to work as if you were a one time governor there. ok u wanted us to know you knew economics small, and be noticed. we have notice you, weldone. If you were saying this in Uyo, i would arrange for your beating and na people with B.sc, HND and M.sc for beat u.
I never and would never support those governors and if not that you just refused to comprehend my comment, you'll have deduct that. I'm only saying apart of those irresponsible governments in those zones, some of those youths don't want to work too. I've been to delta, rivers and bayelsa and I know what I'm talking about...though obviously not all choose laziness BTW.

(1) (Reply)

Niger Delta Militants Applaud Buhari For Suspending Onnoghen / Buhari Get 3 Votes Akwu Ebe Ukpor - Polling Unit 006 Anambra State Final Result / If Buhari Was An Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.