Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request (20516 Views)

Makinde, Deputy’s Rift Deepens South-West PDP’s Crisis / Lagos APC Crisis: Sanwo-olu, Ambode’s Rift Deepens, Avoids Each Other / Akume, Ortom’s Rift Deepens, Governor Plans Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Yusman316(m): 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ruddyman:

Lies coming from Tinubu Paper.....Atiku said he will do just one term and we believe him...
If u believe a typical Nigerian politician, then u need a brain reset
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Ruddyman(m): 12:30pm On Oct 28, 2018
Yusman316:

If u believe a typical Nigerian politician, then u need a brain reset

Believing is a choice and at the moment I choose to believe ....He promising and not able to fulfill same is normal his human....
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Ruddyman(m): 12:32pm On Oct 28, 2018
mvem:
...why are you believing another Fulani man

I choose to believe..its just a choice
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by newbornmacho(m): 12:55pm On Oct 28, 2018
rusher14:

What of restructuring?
well see, first things first, buhari should be voted out. Yes of course restructuring is a must
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2018
sogodihno:

Yorubas are not supporting Atiku. only Ipob youths are supporting him.

Hehe.
Be deceiving yourself.
I’m sure Atiku’s people would be happy that you are in that position— the position of self-delusion.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by shaqhead: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2018
gare:

Wont you guys allow him win the 2019 election first before you start talking of 2023, if he does not want to step down you can realize your Igob Presidency with either APC or any other party, please they should allow him focus and win first.

Trying to strong arm him now will not be good, it is not about who produces the president but more of who provides the dividend of democracy.
Wrong! Atiku of his volition said he will do a SINGLE term which is not surprising cos an average will say and do anything to get votes but for the Igbos to believe that obvious lie is what is dumbfounding! like they actually believe that? hmmm
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by gare(f): 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
shaqhead:

Wrong! Atiku of his volition said he will do a SINGLE term which is not surprising cos an average will say and do anything to get votes but for the Igbos to believe that obvious lie is what is dumbfounding! like they actually believe that? hmmm

But it was not the Ibos he made that statement to, it was an open statement not directed at any tribe
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Yyeske(m): 1:37pm On Oct 28, 2018
RatedStar:
Politicians and the love of power. As a politician, he could lie and accept to do a single term and like Buhari promised, when the time comes, he will change his mind for a second term. If he performs well as president, a second tenure shouldn’t be a problem.
Jonathan also said he was going for one term in 2011 but reneged on that promise in 2015 and was disgraced out.
This is one of the reasons I don't buy into the lies of Atikulators.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by Yyeske(m): 1:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
phenol33:
nwanne twitter don win elections... do u remember clinton won her election against trump on twitter. but in reality she lost. same may happen to atiku.
Buhari even lost to GEJ on Twitter, nairaland and Facebook but we all know who finally won in reality.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by hush15: 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2018
afroniger:
Eziokwu. cheesy cheesy grin The same Atiku that said he was willing to sign an undertaking to do only one term is now changing story. cheesy

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/08/2019-ill-sign-undertaking-to-do-one-term-if-elected-president-atiku/

Would you believe a paper from Tinubus camp or sobt you know The Nation Newspaper is pro APC
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by spiralwedge(m): 3:27pm On Oct 28, 2018
madridsta007:

I don’t think it’s fair to generalise it as Yorubas.
Millions of Yorubas are supporting Atiku. Just check Twitter.
It is APC and Tinubu inspired publications. Not the entire Yoruba tribe.

They are only deceiving you on Twitter. I also prop Atikulate on Twitter, but my guy I get sense to let Buhari finish the remaining 4 years and leave it for a younger generation from the South in 2023 (doesn't matter the tribe) than for another Hausa/Fulani who will like to do 8 years and keep his old-aged cronies in power and we keep going on in a cycle.

Let me share another angle, if Atiku wins and recontest in 2023, opposition parties would be forced to present another old Hausa/Fulani candidate who would want another 8 years. That will mean that we are gullible indeed.

The crop of younger leaders from the South that will emerge in 2023 are mostly detribalised and goal getters. These are the politicians that will break the cycles. Although not perfect, PMB is laying a foundation that can be built on. Dont forget I said although he is not perfect.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 3:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
spiralwedge:

They are only deceiving you on Twitter. I also prop Atikulate on Twitter, but my guy I get sense to let Buhari finish the remaining 4 years and leave it for a younger generation from the South in 2023 (doesn't matter the tribe) than for another Hausa/Fulani who will like to do 8 years and keep his old-aged cronies in power and we keep going on in a cycle.

Let me share another angle, if Atiku wins and recontest in 2023, opposition parties would be forced to present another old Hausa/Fulani candidate who would want another 8 years. That will mean that we are gullible indeed.

The crop of younger leaders from the South that will emerge in 2023 are mostly detribalised and goal getters. These are the politicians that will break the cycles. Although not perfect, PMB is laying a foundation that can be built on. Dont forget I said although he is not perfect.

It’s beyond “if Atiku or if PMB” wins. It’s the fight for the soul of Nigeria. Any reasonable person, educated and logical will tell you that the future of Nigeria is bleak, extremely bleak with PMB as President. Unless we want to deceive ourselves.

If we had an Obi with Buhari, or Tinubu with Buhari or NOI with Buhari, the future of Nigeria will be bleak if Nigeria, an extremely heterogenous country, is led by someone who is highly nepotistic, bigoted, analogue, feudalistic and insular as Buhari.

Unless we want to delude ourselves, I think we all know this.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by spiralwedge(m): 4:11pm On Oct 28, 2018
madridsta007:

It’s beyond “if Atiku or if PMB” wins. It’s the fight for the soul of Nigeria. Any reasonable person, educated and logical will tell you that the future of Nigeria is bleak, extremely bleak with PMB as President. Unless we want to deceive ourselves.

If we had an Obi with Buhari, or Tinubu with Buhari or NOI with Buhari, the future of Nigeria will be bleak if Nigeria, an extremely heterogenous country, is led by someone who is highly nepotistic, bigoted, analogue, feudalistic and insular as Buhari.

Unless we want to delude ourselves, I think we all know this.

You are too emotional. Politics isn't about emotions, but strategies, calculations.

Buhari is all that you said, which truly are his bad sides, but remove sentiments, he is doing well laying a foundation that can be built on and he only has less than 4 years.

It is too glaring that Atiku is an opportunist and ambitious and cunning and may not be different from Buhari considering the challenges facing this country. You may not agree with this if you are desperate to get Buhari out or you want a revenge of 2015. But this is the truth.

Let me make my point graphic:

In 2019: North Incumbent vs North Atiku (wins)
2023: North Atiku vs North new guy (wins)
2027: North New Guy vs North new guy 2 (wins)
2031: North new guy 2 vs North

As long as the North incumbent doesn't win, it will be suicidal for any opposition to present someone from the South.

Please THINK on this, leave emotions.
Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by madridsta007(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2018
spiralwedge:

You are too emotional. Politics isn't about emotions, but strategies, calculations.

Buhari is all that you said, which truly are his bad sides, but remove sentiments, he is doing well laying a foundation that can be built on and he only has less than 4 years.

It is too glaring that Atiku is an opportunist and ambitious and cunning and may not be different from Buhari considering the challenges facing this country. You may not agree with this if you are desperate to get Buhari out or you want a revenge of 2015. But this is the truth.

Let me make my point graphic:

In 2019: North Incumbent vs North Atiku (wins)
2023: North Atiku vs North new guy (wins)
2027: North New Guy vs North new guy 2 (wins)
2031: North new guy 2 vs North

As long as the North incumbent doesn't win, it will be suicidal for any opposition to present someone from the South.

Please THINK on this, leave emotions.

I wish I was emotional. But being “unemotional” is one huge accusation I’ve gotten as one of my weakness.

“He is doing well”? Where? How? Is that how mediocre our once mediocre standards are? You are funny.

I’m not a politician so I’m not here to discuss about political calculations. Perhaps you’ve mistaken my love for country and for Africa as love for politics. I’m not a politician.

1 Like

Re: Atiku, S/east Rift Deepens Over Single Term Request by DEGABA(m): 4:22pm On Oct 28, 2018
Coming from APC camp

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akpabio Vs Ekpenyong: Nobody Declared Winner In Akwa Ibom North West – REC / Buhari’s Independence Broadcast Insult To Nigerians, Says PDP / Oshiomhole Stops His Motorcade To Dance With Elderly Women In Igarra (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.