Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,446 members, 7,823,040 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? (343 Views)

Tinubu Is Killing Our Economy: Who Will Stop Him / Buhari Or Jubril? Another Evidence Of Buhari's Death Resurface (PHOTO) / Atiku Must Pick Vice From South-West Or… – PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by dplordx(m): 12:44pm On Oct 28, 2018
Ive noticed that even on a Sunday, there is always a vacancy for jobs on nairaland.
And I've read hundreds of stories where many people have been thankful for landing good jobs.
Is it me, or is there just a general wrong perception about Buhari killing the economy?
Re: Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by dplordx(m): 12:47pm On Oct 28, 2018
As much as I hate this government, I think I am seeing a lot of progress, compared to when PDP was in power.
My power isnt perfect but improved. I rmemeber, weeks before GEJ left shutting down the country completely. The then Minister for Power Chinedu Nedu lamenting about saboteurs, etc. And I remember Lagos-Abeokuta road in a terrible shame and shape.
To be candid, after landing a job through nairaland, and then changing two jobs within the last two years, I think
its safe to say it is only some bunch of lazy no life people who seem to have a problem against this governement.

#Iamseethechange!

1 Like

Re: Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by dplordx(m): 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2018
opinions please!
Re: Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by solutionmi: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2018
GEJ made the economy sick while PMB kill it
Re: Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by ivandragon: 2:09pm On Oct 28, 2018
every administration has its good & bad sides, it all depends on perspectives of those being governed, how government policies might have affected them & where their sympathies lie.

for instances, on the issue of light. if we are true to ourselves, the power reforms entered its present phase in November, 2013. could we have truly expected a total overhaul of the power sector in 1 & half years after the reforms?

even then, there are places in Nigeria that have always had steady light no matter what, e.g. the high brow areas in Lagos & Abuja.

again, even at that, there is a place in Ado-Ekiti called Embassy. between 2014-November, 2015, that area had light 24/7 except when there was a regional problem or storms. by December 2015, they barely had light more than twice a week.

today the area has light for about 18 hours a day everyother day, but some people will say light has improved.

mind you, the famed increased generation & distribution capacity been bandied about by this administration had already been in place as far back as 2014...

http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/04/17/nigerias-power-generation-capacity-almost-10000mw-ajifowobaje/

so for some it has, for some, it hasn't.

look at the issue of purchasing power. can you conveniently say that your purchasing power has increased or reduced?

I am not just talking about increase in prices of goods & services, but actual purchasing power & standard of living.

look at the much touted rice reforms. even though it's not been properly managed, the vision of an aggressive drive to increase local rice production started years back

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/rice-consumption-importation-nigeria-solution-sight/

previous administrations were never afraid to voice their concerns, but they did so & also spoke about what they were doing to solve those problems & not buck passing senselessly...

at the end of the day, there will be some good things to say about pmb's administration, but it will depend on personal perspective...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did Buhari Or PDP Kill The Economy? Who Is To Blame? by CodeTemplar: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2018
Our reliance on oil did and is still very much alive to bury the economy.

That's why we must as candidates the questions listed here : https://www.nairaland.com/4813361/what-key-plans-presidential-aspirants

(1) (Reply)

Leicester Helicopter Crash: Club Owner, Srivaddhanaprabha Feared Dead / Atiku Replies Osinbajo, Insists He Has Long Standing Record On Restructuring / What Is The Light Situation In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.