Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! (1060 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / I Built Aso Rock, Who Is The Landlord You Pay Rent To?-IBB To Buhari / Clark Challenges IBB To Public Senility Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by wales(m): 6:15am On Jul 19, 2010
Former military president, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said the refusal of former President Olusegun Obasanjo to support his 2011 presidential aspiration has not bothered him, saying, “I am used to being betrayed.”

Fielding questions from journalists at his Hilltop residence in Minna , Niger State, yesterday, Babangida said he had taken it just like any other betrayal he had suffered in the past even from brothers and friends.
“One thing with me is that I was tutored to always believe in you waking up in the morning and things work perfectly for you, it is a bonus.

A friend, a brother, can always betray you. The day I wake up and it doesn’t happen, I rest. If it happens, it does not bother me because my mind has been made.” Babangida recalled that he had known Obasanjo since he (IBB) was a junior officer.

“We were very loyal to our superiors, attached by professional bond. I knew him closely. He was such a guiding light when we were growing up and serving under the late General Murtala Mohammed, up till the time he became Head of State and handed over to Shagari. “When he was sent to prison and later released, some of us felt Nigeria needed a man like him, a man of strong character, experience, commitment, and belief in Nigeria.” Above all, his name was not new to Nigerians.

“That is why we started to mobilize for him because of our belief in him and we did that until he was elected president. “Honestly I don’t want to use the word betrayal because even now we still greet and talk about Nigeria , but it is true as a human being, I have the right to feel betrayed if he does not support me.” Still on betrayal, Babangida described the recent comments by the PDP Assistant National Auditor, Dr. Godwin Daboh as “nothing new, it is vintage Daboh.”

“My only advice is that Jonathan himself should be careful with Daboh. I hope he will not turn against Jonathan even before the end of this year. “Daboh is my friend, I can never get worried or angry with him, he is a man I know so well,” IBB said, going ahead to reveal to journalists certain antics of Daboh which he pleaded were not for publication. “If you know Daboh and his antics the way I do, you will see why I can never feel betrayed by somebody like him. He can still come into this house anytime he wishes to come back.”

Meanwhile Babangida had informed his numerous associates friends and supporters nation-wide that he is irrevocably committed to 2011 presidential aspiration under the platform of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
According to the press statement issued on behalf of Babangida by Prince Kassim Afegbua his media spokesman. It stated that at no time did General Babangida contemplate of withdrawing from the race nor change from the party PDP and that who are peddling rumours about his possible withdrawal from the race are at best mischief makers and sycophants who are profiting from the present political scenarios to create unnecessary distraction to the general and his overwhelming supporters.

Babangida said his determination was to pursue his aspiration to a logical conclusion that the country needs an experienced hand to pilot the affairs. He noted that his campaign would dwell more on those issues that could provoke the necessary imperatives and initiatives to confront the developmental challenges that the country face as a nation.

“I hold my supporters in high esteem and I have made a solemn resolve not to disappoint them this time around as the 2011 elections draw near. I have weighed all the options before I took the decision to contest and I will not renege on those assurances which my overwhelming supporters have given me,” he noted.

The presidential aspirant also called on the Independent National Electoral Commission to focus attention on the compilation of a voters’ register that would accommodate all would be voters in the coming election. Saying that the credibility of the electoral process would start from the voters’ registration process. While Babangida also reassure all his supporter and followers that he would not disappoint them.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/july/19/national-19-07-2010-002.htm

Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Okijajuju1(m): 6:29am On Jul 19, 2010
See ehn face!! Fine boy no pimple, looking so simple and ready to mingle.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by onyengbu1(m): 7:23am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^ the size of gay community on NL is really becoming very worrisome.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Cohomology: 7:59am On Jul 19, 2010
^^^^ lol!
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by dustydee: 8:24am On Jul 19, 2010
Birds of a feather.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 19, 2010
Okija_juju:

onye_ngbu:

ROTFLMAO. . . .
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Okijajuju1(m): 8:34am On Jul 19, 2010
onye_ngbu:

Kitikpa da gbue ghi!! Anumani!! angry
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Nobody: 8:56am On Jul 19, 2010
Okija_juju:

Is that what you really see? Well, as for me,

See ehn face!! Radiant with deceit, well kept from stolen wealth, so simple with deception and ready to bribe his way to Aso Rock.

but you know what? Try as he may, IBB will never never rule Nigeria again. That is if the Northern/Southern divide does not bring an end to this deceit of a nation.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by desgiezd(m): 9:11am On Jul 19, 2010
See who's talking of betrayal. Did he not betray M.K.O. Abiola, Maman Vatsa, Zamani Lekwot, Domkat Bali, Ebitu Ukiwe Dele Giwa,a whole generation of middle level officers that perished in the Hercules crash and all Nigerians on account of June 12 elections annulment in the past?

IBB, you aint seen nothing yet!
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Okijajuju1(m): 9:21am On Jul 19, 2010
noblezone:

Is that what you really see? Well, as for me,

See ehn face!! Radiant with deceit, well kept from stolen wealth, so simple with deception and ready to bribe his way to Aso Rock.

but you know what? Try as he may, IBB will never never rule Nigeria again. That is if the Northern/Southern divide does not bring an end to this deceit of a nation.

I think he would look good as a president. Cos thief no dey show for ehn body at all.

For someone who has been active for a while, I say he is ready to mingle into politics again and make 2011 an interesting year for Jonathan.

Na ehn that anu-ofia onye ngbu wan carry my matter for head.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 19, 2010
desgiezd:

See who's talking of betrayal. Did he not betray M.K.O. Abiola, Maman Vatsa, Zamani Lekwot, Domkat Bali, Ebitu Ukiwe Dele Giwa,a whole generation of middle level officers that perished in the Hercules crash and all Nigerians on account of June 12 elections annulment in the past?

the eediot may not see killing these people as betrayal.i don't know what babangida problem could be.why is he forcing himself on people that dont want him ?
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by tkb417(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2010
one of these journalists shd just help us shoot his head

i hate to see him alive talking with confidence after all he has done

cant forget that plane crash that killed those military people and the death of dele Giwa

what does this man want for christ sake?

to kill people again?

make e try come abeokuta come campaign, na bomb we go take blow in head off

i hope his PAs have told him about NL cos he needs to see how we curse him every day
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 19, 2010
desgiezd:

We don't need a good_looking President, we need and want a good-governing President. IBB has had his chance for 8 years, and he blew it. The only good thing he would had done was leaving the legacy of a free and fair elections, but what did he do. He blew it. Just as you dont give a bone to a dog for save keeping, IBB will not smell Aso Rock. Never again.

~Bluetooth:

the eediot may not see killing these people as betrayal.i don't know what babangida problem could be.why is he forcing himself on people that dont want him ?

His first problem is that perhaps he needs more money.
second problem is that the only biz he knows very well is looting.
Third problem is he cant loot to his fill outside the Aso Rock.
Fourth Problem is, he is used to always getting whatever he wants.

Fifty problem is he wont get it this time, but no man on earth can convince him.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by onyengbu1(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2010
Okija_juju:

Kitikpa da gbue ghi!! Anumani!! angry

relax bro. its just a joke grin grin grin

just wondering why those comments of yours are related to the topic. grin
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by redsun(m): 10:54am On Jul 19, 2010
This topic should be titled:The betrayal of a traitor by a traitor.

Dem two motherfuckers need to be locked up(obasanjo and bagangida) for us to ever think of ourselves of being serious.As it is now,the whole sh-it is worse than child's play in the sense that today's normal children are more cognitive,responsible,accountable and reasonable at play grounds than what we have in nigeria today as a system.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by mistakay: 11:26am On Jul 19, 2010
Okija_juju:

I think he would look good as a president. Cos thief no dey show for ehn body at all.

For someone who has been active for a while, I say he is ready to mingle into politics again and make 2011 an interesting year for Jonathan.

Na ehn that anu-ofia onye ngbu wan carry my matter for head.

Thieving is not peculiar to I.B.B Madam Good Luck has a file with Efcc remember? If she is as a woman would thief like that what of her then Husband Governor Jonathan.All politicians are thieves not Only IBB the earlier you get that into your thick skull the better off you will be.
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by gogo123: 11:38am On Jul 19, 2010
THIS IBB CRIMINAL IS TALKING ABOUT BETRAYAL AND GROWING UP UNDER THE SATANIC MURTALA MOHAMMED , MURDERER.I HOPE YOU DIE A MISERABLE DEATH
Re: Ibb To Obj: I’m Used To Being Betrayed ! by otokx(m): 11:40am On Jul 19, 2010
Hope this is not a prelude to lamentations.

(1) (Reply)

I Pay My American Lecturers One Million Dollars Per Month -- Atiku. / Another Undetonated Car Bomb Discovered / Gay Church In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.