Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,009 members, 7,825,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding (2769 Views)

Pastor Chris And Ex-wife, Anita’s Divorce Explained / Pastor Paul Adefarasin Attends Trump's Daughter's Wedding, Blesses Couple / Why Chris Kwakpovwe Snubbed Presidency, Lagos, Delta Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by paxonel(m): 8:10pm On Oct 28, 2018
While there are so many claims on what led to the absence of the preacher’s estranged and divorced wife at her daughter’s wedding, A source who spoke with an insider, got Anita’s side of the gist on the entire wedding debacle.

Here are excerpts below;

Tell us about yourself?

I am a very close family member of Anita and I have been opportuned to witness horrible treatment meted on Anita since the divorce order was approved by a UK court. It is another example of how our society treats women, it is total shambles. I have also read some articles on Social media misinforming the public on the reasons why Anita did not attend her daughter’s wedding, painting a picture that Anita is bitter about the divorce. This is a total misrepresentation and it is unfair to let this go unaddressed.

Why then do you you think Anita was not at her daughter’s wedding?

Since the divorce judgement was given in favour of Anita, Chris had vowed to make life difficult for her; as a result he ordered his daughter (Sharon and Charlyn) to not have anything to do with her.

How did you come to this conclusion:

It is simple Chris made verbal vow within close circles threatening this, he backed up his words by instructing the children to cut away from their mother, he secured accommodation for the girls in London, far away from Anita who lives in Folkestone, Kent UK. This is to ensure the gap in interaction is wider and also to flex his financial influence as a bait in exchange for control over the children. It is very clear that he is desperate to spite Anita.

So how did the children react to this?

They are probably afraid of Chris, and also worried about hurting their mother. However anyone who has followed Chris closely will note that he enjoys control and would go at any length to ensure he controls everyone around him, even if it means resorting to blackmail and propaganda (this is the reason he obtained a restraining order from the Family Court in the UK preventing Anita from speaking about the marriage). On each occasion Chris is having a ministry event in the UK or their annual IPPC, his church leaders would make headlines about Chris and Anita reconciling their differences, just to attract a crowd and make people believe all is well. Some other time the same mischief makers would lie that there was no divorce.

Was Anita not involved in the wedding preparation?

No, Chris was the event planner and he was responsible for the finest details of the wedding, including who attends or not (note former President Obasanjo and Pastor Benny Hinn were invited by Chris and Anita wasn’t).

Yes, Anita never set her eyes on her daughter’s wedding invitation, people can ask if a mother needs to be invited to her daughter’s wedding? In this case, yes because Chris runs a tight mafia-like organization and Anita’s security was not guaranteed if she gatecrashed the event. There were rumours that Anita will be embarrassed and disgraced if she ever attempted to attend without formal invitation. Anita would have put herself in serious danger of life if she went on that trip.

How did Sharon feel about this whole drama?

I think Sharon understands from the divorce that her father doesn’t want her or sibling around Anita and therefore knows the danger she would be exposing herself to if she attempted to attend.

Did Anita attempt to make up for the miss?

Yes, Anita was planning to have a wedding reception when Sharon and Phillip return from Nigeria, however this was hijacked by Chris. He rallied his members to make donations for a grand wedding reception in the UK (this took place on 20th October at the Willows Ilford UK after the couple returned from Maldives honeymoon vacation), who does that? Is Chris not rich enough to fund such a reception?

How does Anita feel about this?

She is distraught just like any real mother would! She wants to be there on the most important events of her children, she wants to pick up her life

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by MightySparrow: 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2018
I hope all this is the truth, This is how much and more to pay for a divorce. separated but related
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Wisper2jar(m): 11:53pm On Oct 28, 2018
I feel sorry for her... If only this story wasn't made up
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Nobody: 12:32am On Oct 29, 2018
This looks like a fabricated story there is more to it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by gwama: 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2018
This is the shame of the Christian, even fetishers do not have these attitudes to a divorce. Is it the first Christian couple who divorces? No, we can divorce and stay good friends especially because of children, there is ex-wife, ex-husband, but not ex-children. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Truthchiz: 9:32pm On Oct 29, 2018
100% correct! But the girls relate well with their mum anyways. He will surely reap all he has sown. No man is God!!!
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
paxonel:
While there are so many claims on what led to the absence of the preacher’s estranged and divorced wife at her daughter’s wedding, A source who spoke with an insider, got Anita’s side of the gist on the entire wedding debacle.

Here are excerpts below;

You're sick and a bloody liar. Your sins will soon find you out. Source ko, stew ni. angry

You're angry that God has vindicated the man of God. Now you want to play with fire.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by HigherEd: 1:03am On Nov 01, 2018
I pray for peace in their family.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Maestro21: 4:49am On Nov 01, 2018
donnie:

You're sick and a bloody liar. Your sins will soon find you out. Source ko, stew ni. angry

You're angry that God has vindicated the man of God. Now you want to play with fire.

I saw the thread from the jump but I told myself not to say anything. You have to understand that this people do not fear God or his word. It is a personal agenda world out there and we just have to accept that it will never change. I have always questioned the OPs heart but the thread answered my queries. And that thing he is looking for, my prayer is that he gets it.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by InansBobo(m): 5:00am On Nov 01, 2018
Their life.
I'm tired of their news sef
May God settle them
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 6:09am On Nov 01, 2018
Truthchiz:
100% correct! But the girls relate well with their mum anyways. He will surely reap all he has sown. No man is God!!!

Just like you and paxonel will reap yours...

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 19:5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Truthchiz: 10:54am On Nov 01, 2018
donnie:

Just like you and paxonel will reap yours...

Proverbs 6:16 These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 6:18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, 6:19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

Proverbs 19:5 A false witness shall not be unpunished, and he that speaketh lies shall not escape.

Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
The person said the simple truth. Which part of the story is a lie? Look let me tell you There are people who know them too well. Go and sit down.

3 Likes

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2018
Truthchiz:
The person said the simple truth. Which part of the story is a lie? Look let me tell you There are people who know them too well. Go and sit down.

How did you confirm that the story is true?
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by paxonel(m): 11:23am On Nov 01, 2018
donnie:

calm down, i didn't write the story
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 12:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
paxonel:
calm down, i didn't write the story

But you published it.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Mosesman20(m): 2:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
Who then is right and wrong?
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by LordReed(m): 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2018
donnie:

How is he vindicated?
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by eyinjuege: 3:20pm On Nov 01, 2018
You all seem to forget these children are adults. Its not compulsory they have a loud wedding, and the children could have stood their ground to have their mother present at their wedding.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by paxonel(m): 3:41pm On Nov 01, 2018
donnie:

But you published it.
so i should not publish it because it involve your pastor grin
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by paxonel(m): 3:44pm On Nov 01, 2018
eyinjuege:
You all seem to forget these children are adults. Its not compulsory they have a loud wedding, and the children could have stood their ground to have their mother present at their wedding.
even adults can be intimidated tòo, do you know that?
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by silverlord(m): 3:51pm On Nov 01, 2018
"Fear for her life"...sounds too extreme. Made up thrash imo
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Graciouscharis: 3:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
Initially, I wanted to just ignore this post.
Those of you that are attacking the OP should know that Pastor Chris has his flaws as a human being forget all these packaging. One of his flaws is that he controls and loves to control everyone around him.
I remember Gbenga one of his sister's husband constantly had issues with him about his excessive control. Imagine your brother in law that you are older than trying to control you because he feels he is richer than you and so on. This lead to issues in the marriage and till date, I don't think Mercy is still married to Evang Gbenga.
I am also aware that Anita was supposed to organise the UK reception. That you chose not to believe the story doesn't make it false nor make Anita a bad woman. Quit trying to make Anita look bad.
Pastor Chris did not manage his home well. He failed in that aspect.
I don't want to go beyond this.

5 Likes

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2018
paxonel:
so i should not publish it because it involve your pastor grin

Okay, Continue... What you refuse to learn by wise counsel, you will learn when someone decides to exercise his rights against malicious publications.

You're bold to publish because you know pastor Chris will "leave it for God" ba? One day monkey go go market, e no go return.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by TruthinAction: 10:06pm On Nov 01, 2018
I am honestly not happy at the wrong examples set by ministers that are supposed to be our role model. The absence of Pastor Anita in her daughter's wedding is a shame to both parties. I will not take sides. If Pastor Chris wanted Pastor Anita to be there, he could have worked it out for their daughter's sake.

One thing is sure, those who keep grudge and malice will not make heaven irrespective of their status. We must allow the love of Christ to constrain us in all that we do. Pastor Benny also did not play a good role. We have been called to make peace. Those who encourage malice are not children of God.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Truthchiz: 11:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
Graciouscharis:
Initially, I wanted to just ignore this post.
Those of you that are attacking the OP should know that Pastor Chris has his flaws as a human being forget all these packaging. One of his flaws is that he controls and loves to control everyone around him.
I remember Gbenga one of his sister's husband constantly had issues with him about his excessive control. Imagine your brother in law that you are older than trying to control you because he feels he is richer than you and so on. This lead to issues in the marriage and till date, I don't think Mercy is still married to Evang Gbenga.
I am also aware that Anita was supposed to organise the UK reception. That you chose not to believe the story doesn't make it false nor make Anita a bad woman. Quit trying to make Anita look bad.
Pastor Chris did not manage his home well. He failed in that aspect.
I don't want to go beyond this.
That is my no. 1 annoyance with them. Always lying and painting the woman bad, evil, bitter, angry

etc. Why? This is a woman they all praised some few years ago. If she was treated well, she wouldn't walk away. It wasn't easy for her. She endured soo much.. How many women can actually endure that? They said Pastor Benny constantly was calling on her to come out that day, but she refused. You see? Was she present? Why the lies? Probably they lied to him. The man Would have concluded too that PA was indeed bitter/couldnt even honour him by at least coming forth. Is it good? Was she there? You dey see?
Apostle Gbenga divorced the sister since and is long remarried.
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by christlike31(m): 1:16am On Nov 02, 2018
Everything written above is not true.

There's something you all need to understand.
There are people who have vowed to be enemies to Rev. Dr Chris Oyakhilome because of what he does around the world.

One will not surprised. .for even the jews raised up accusers against Jesus.

At the end what will matter will be "touch not my anointed" that God said.

2 Likes

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Maestro21: 6:17am On Nov 02, 2018
christlike31:
Everything written above is not true.

There's something you all need to understand.
There are people who have vowed to be enemies to Rev. Dr Chris Oyakhilome because of what he does around the world.

One will not surprised. .for even the jews raised up accusers against Jesus.

At the end what will matter will be "touch not my anointed" that God said.

That is the funny thing: none of this is new. I am just surprised at who is posting it here. But I leave them to God.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by donnie(m): 6:25am On Nov 02, 2018
TruthinAction:
I am honestly not happy at the wrong examples set by ministers that are supposed to be our role model. The absence of Pastor Anita in her daughter's wedding is a shame to both parties. I will not take sides. If Pastor Chris wanted Pastor Anita to be there, he could have worked it out for their daughter's sake.

One thing is sure, those who keep grudge and malice will not make heaven irrespective of their status. We must allow the love of Christ to constrain us in all that we do. Pastor Benny also did not play a good role. We have been called to make peace. Those who encourage malice are not children of God.

Oversabi. You have finally become chief judge of the universe... And we can clearly see from your post which side you support.

Ecclesiastes 10:8
He that diggeth a pit shall fall into it; and whoso breaketh an hedge, a serpent shall bite him.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Maestro21: 6:26am On Nov 02, 2018
Truthchiz:
That is my no. 1 annoyance with them. Always lying and painting the woman bad, evil, bitter, angry

etc. Why?
This is a woman they all praised some few years ago. If she was treated well, she wouldn't walk away. It wasn't easy for her. She endured soo much.. How many women can actually endure that? They said Pastor Benny constantly was calling on her to come out that day, but she refused. You see? Was she present? Why the lies? Probably they lied to him. The man Would have concluded too that PA was indeed bitter/couldnt even honour him by at least coming forth. Is it good? Was she there? You dey see?
Apostle Gbenga divorced the sister since and is long remarried.

What I have for you is pity. Most of your posts on the subject matter are just conjecture-filled garbage and the sad part is, you believe it. I have never seen anyone who keeps talking about a matter you have little information on. Look at you talking as if the wedding was not televised live. So at what point did Benny Hinn call her out? What if I told you that since Benny Hinn became close to Pastor Chris in 2016 he has tried to meet Pastor Anita and she refused? What then will you say?

Okay so Apostle Gbenga remarried then what happened? You guys are so carnal and childish. May God have mercy on you.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Maestro21: 6:30am On Nov 02, 2018
TruthinAction:

Just like if he did not want a divorce he could have worked it out for their daughter's sake too abi? What if he refused the divorce but she insisted on it? What if she threatened to sue the ministry if her name was left on RORs? What if she vehemently refused to listen to Pastor Chris' mum or even Benny Hinn? What then will be your judgment or faithful judge?

I smh.

1 Like

Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Ranchhoddas: 6:32am On Nov 02, 2018
Maestro21:

I saw the thread from the jump but I told myself not to say anything. [/b]You have to understand that this people do not fear God or his word[/b] It is a personal agenda world out there and we just have to accept that it will never change. I have always questioned the OPs heart but the thread answered my queries. And that thing he is looking for, my prayer is that he gets it.
What has "fearing God or his word" got to do with this thread?
Oyaks na God?

You be Zone-B abeg!!!
Re: Why Chris Oyakhilome Banned His Ex-wife, Anita From Daughter's Wedding by Ranchhoddas: 6:37am On Nov 02, 2018
donnie:

Okay, Continue... What you refuse to learn by wise counsel, you will learn when someone decides to exercise his rights against malicious publications

You're bold to publish because you know pastor Chris will "leave it for God" ba? One day monkey go go market, e no go return.
For Nigeria?

Hehehee...

What baffles me about you is how a grown man like you will defend an obviously flawed human 24/7?

Pastor Chris na your benefactor?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Secret Behind Big Brother Naija / My Parents Are Threatening To Disown Me Because Of My Religion / Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.