Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? (35262 Views)

‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / Pretty Customs Official Whose Pictures Are Being Used By Scammers, Cries Out. / Lady Narrates New Method Used To Kidnap People After She Made A Narrow Escape (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by olawale005(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2018
my problem here is that you deleted the message , how did you get the numbers back after you had deleted it? just wondering
ItsTime4me:
Just last week, I got a text message written in Yoruba language. The only thing I could decipher was the word 'card'. Of course there were numbers that looked like recharge card pins. I just ignored and deleted the message because I wasn't expecting any such thing from anyone.

Just about 10 minutes later, I got a call from someone asking me to send the message back to him and begging that I should not load the card, that it was intended for someone else. I said no problems.

Three days later, the guy called me and said his father wants to speak with me. I was like, for what? He said the father wants to thank me for the recharge card I did not use. I said, why would I use something that does not belong to me. But he said the father was itching to talk to me. So I agreed to speak with him.

When the father came on the phone, he started showering praises on me, in a tone of an elderly Yoruba man who was struggling to speak English. He said he is surprised that people like me are still in existence. Then he asked me my name and location, which I told him.

Lastly, he asked me where I work and I told him I was looking for a job. Then he started praying for me. However, the thing that he said that made feel that they are scammers was that, the baba asked if anyone was there with me. I said yes. He said he wants to consult an Oracle for me and nobody should be there with me. Immediately, I told him that I don't do oracles and I don't believe in them. And he hung up.

So my question is, are these new methods adopted by scammers? Has anyone here experienced similar stuff? Perhaps others can learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:
Are you serious? The moment he asked if someone was there with me, I suspected them. However I doubt they will call back because the moment I said I don't do oracles, the speed with which he hung up was so alarming. Na bad market for them.

Yes I’m serious. Eventually he’d ask for your mom’s name so they can hypnotize you, you’d lose your sense of thought & every property of yours will gradually be theirs because you’d be giving them everything they ask of like a puppet. They will tell you their ‘oracle’ wants to smile on you & you need to make some sacrifices, if you can’t be there , they will ask you to send some amount of money, really hilarious fools honestly. Next time you see unknown numbers , don’t let anyone hypnotize you on the phone. Just cut the damn call & block the effing number. Ire o

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2018
olawale005:
my problem here is that you deleted the message , how did you get the numbers back after you had deleted it? just wondering

I just ignored and deleted the message because I wasn't expecting any such thing from anyone.
Just about 10 minutes later, I got a call from someone asking me to send the message back to him and begging that I should not load the card, that it was intended for someone else. I said no problems.

Please where did he claim to get the number? Point it out

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by IamFreshprince(m): 9:34am On Oct 30, 2018
Are you also thinking what I'm thinking.. grin
slyng:
But you ignored and deleted the message. How come you sent it back? Koyemi o
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Sadiqali24(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:
Just last week, I got a text message written in Yoruba language. The only thing I could decipher was the word 'card'. Of course there were numbers that looked like recharge card pins. I just ignored and deleted the message because I wasn't expecting any such thing from anyone.

Three days later, the guy called me and said his father wants to speak with me. I was like, for what? He said the father wants to thank me for the recharge card I did not use. I said, why would I use something that does not belong to me. But he said the father was itching to talk to me. So I agreed to speak with him.

When the father came on the phone, he started showering praises on me, in a tone of an elderly Yoruba man who was struggling to speak English. He said he is surprised that people like me are still in existence. Then he asked me my name and location, which I told him.

Lastly, he asked me where I work and I told him I was looking for a job. Then he started praying for me. However, the thing that he said that made feel that they are scammers was that, the baba asked if anyone was there with me. I said yes. He said he wants to consult an Oracle for me and nobody should be there with me. Immediately, I told him that I don't do oracles and I don't believe in them. And he hung up.

So my question is, are these new methods adopted by scammers? Has anyone here experienced similar stuff? Perhaps others can learn from this.

my brother God save u.
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by johnpalmer774(m): 9:35am On Oct 30, 2018
According to ur story u said the message was ignored and deleted immediately so if I may ask what messages did u now send back to them when d person calld u later or are u saying u recovered a text messages that has been deleted from your phone ??

ItsTime4me:

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Conceptman: 9:42am On Oct 30, 2018
thank God for your life
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Dafreeguy(m): 9:52am On Oct 30, 2018
dangoteinlaw:
Pls they should send me the card o, I will gladly load it and receive Baba's prayers join too grin
If u start vomiting blood, we no dey o
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2018
ogbonagba:
Hello Nigerians. I want to inform you of a serial fraudster in town especially on social media. He operates majorly on instagram with the instagram name Bernard flip cash and with Whatsapp no 08123146906. He posted some fake chats purportedly from people that have won money on the flip cash scheme. The chat testimonies are so convincing one will be tempted to try it. The moment you do, he will send you this account to pay the money you want to flip AGBADU BONIFACE 1130816296 POLARIS BANK. He keeps calling with these numbers 09078262945 and 08027135058. Immediately he receives the money, he blocks your number from calling him & also blocks you from Whatsap chat. He's a serial fraudster and please forward this message till it gets to the Police & EFCC. Don't blame people who have fallen victim. Save others from becoming victims. You could be saving a life.
nobody would forward any message! You want a get-rich-quick IV and you got served in quadruple dose. Deal with it!
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by CaptainFM1: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2018
oshe111:
When they tried it with me, I almost scammed them

Infact I was calling them but they refused to pick

Your own Juju pass their own na.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by dangoteinlaw: 10:02am On Oct 30, 2018
Dafreeguy:
If u start vomiting blood, we no dey o
is it your blood ni?
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Mrnoniz(m): 10:07am On Oct 30, 2018
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by sportfeva(m): 10:13am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

I experienced similar stuff op. I got the text on 02-10-2018 10:33AM.

I suspected scamming or evil activity immediately I saw the card PINs.

My story is not exactly like yours but similar.

A guy called me after but I can't remember the conversation vividly again.

But I know it ended with doing something or taking an action which I didn't do.

Because he is a total stranger and I could sense lies in his conversation about me.

I kept the text because of days like this and purposely, to educate my related folks because one of them had received such scamming text.

He was wise to ask and show me his personal text and my judgment: the message is filled with lies. They intended to defraud you of your properties and hard-earned money.

If you want to make more money, follow the right and proven route.

Thus, scammers always come with something enticing such as money or recharge cards.

The full text: +2347068096244, 02-10-2018 10:33AM, IFAWOLE.AKU ODUN.BABA.NI KI E.TA CARD.YI.KI E.WO MOTO.WA.SILE ODUN.IFA. ......FOLLOWED BY THE 3 AIRTIME PIN NUMBER. The text ended with a name IFA.

English translation: Ifawole.Happy celebration.Baba.said you should sell.this card.take moto(transport) come to odun ifa or come home and celebrate Ifa.

I don't want to publish airtime pins, to prevent temptation, because I believe that's the bait to their evil act.

But believe, it's real.

Anything you don't work and earn for, run away from it.

Don't trade your precious life which some know through their juju for a Kobo.

3 Likes

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by mykelswa(m): 10:19am On Oct 30, 2018
Kashamaadupe:

Where in this write up did he say he sent the text back to the sender? Highlight and let’s see it.. smh
helpe ask them I've gone through the message he didn't mention sending it back to them. I wonder the kind of understanding some people have. they called back because he didn't use it not that he sent it back to them. they loaded it and it entered so they called him

3 Likes

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 30, 2018
mykelswa:

helpe ask them I've gone through the message he didn't mention sending it back to them. I wonder the kind of understanding some people have. they called back because he didn't use it not that he sent it back to them. they loaded it and it entered so they called him

God go kuku bless you.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2018
ITS NOT A NEW METHOD, BECAREFUL, THEY ARE SCAMMERS.
ItsTime4me:

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by sportfeva(m): 10:37am On Oct 30, 2018
ogbonagba:
Hello Nigerians. I want to inform you of a serial fraudster in town especially on social media. He operates majorly on instagram with the instagram name Bernard flip cash and with Whatsapp no 08123146906. He posted some fake chats purportedly from people that have won money on the flip cash scheme. The chat testimonies are so convincing one will be tempted to try it. The moment you do, he will send you this account to pay the money you want to flip AGBADU BONIFACE 1130816296 POLARIS BANK. He keeps calling with these numbers 09078262945 and 08027135058. Immediately he receives the money, he blocks your number from calling him & also blocks you from Whatsap chat. He's a serial fraudster and please forward this message till it gets to the Police & EFCC. Don't blame people who have fallen victim. Save others from becoming victims. You could be saving a life.

Yes, a relative of mine was scammed recently on Instagram. She wanted to start a clothing business and all. I don't understand the process but Instagram fraud is for real. People especially ladies beware.

I don't do Instagram anyway and if I do, it will be strictly for my business.

We've to be exposing these people and report them to the police.
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

old scam.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Teejay13(m): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

I attest to that. all are #Cyberscammers
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Komu1048(m): 10:39am On Oct 30, 2018
IkpuMmadu:
What is going on in Yoruba land? They even use their elderly to scam people ! Very soon people wouldn't be taking them serious...from rituals to skull mining to this one then wire wire ! This is enough

We have a coupe of bad eggs in other tribes but what is happening in Yoruba land is getting out of hand

Yoruba must start looking inward pls

Check it, they must be Ogun state people. We call them Yoruba-Igbo.

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by sportfeva(m): 10:50am On Oct 30, 2018
IkpuMmadu:
What is going on in Yoruba land? They even use their elderly to scam people ! Very soon people wouldn't be taking them serious...from rituals to skull mining to this one then wire wire ! This is enough

We have a coupe of bad eggs in other tribes but what is happening in Yoruba land is getting out of hand

Yoruba must start looking inward pls
I learned authoritatively they're little kids masking as an elder. A true Yoruba Elder won't condone such an immoral act, because they appreciate our moral culture for a better society and belonging.
I also learned this dastardly act is well practice by youth in Ile-Ife town, the source of Yoruba. This is awkward, a show of ineffectiveness to the hardworking Oni King who is trying every possible means to make youth active and embrace community development

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Divaoiza: 10:51am On Oct 30, 2018
Na wah for desperate degenerates out there..

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Dorammy(f): 11:02am On Oct 30, 2018
human beings are selfish and shameless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWzKzbu2k98
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Queenlyjane(f): 11:06am On Oct 30, 2018
It has happened to me last four months, the same thing the writer said, he was praying for me I was busy saying Amen but when he asked for my name I lied and told him a fake name because he said he was 100 years old, I began to imagine and old man of 100 years sending card to a family relative and he's voice wasn't sounding like an old man. I had to hung the call but the number continued to call but I refused to pick and he eventually stopped.
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 11:16am On Oct 30, 2018
I almost created a thread about it when I encountered those IDIATs yesterday, I dropped the gist on my thread, with pics of the message and number included.

Here's the link to my own experience.

https://www.nairaland.com/4220374/life-despo/45#72517143

2 Likes

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Nobody: 11:16am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

1 Like

Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by Tonimordred(m): 11:58am On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

am glad u didn't fall
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by udysweet(f): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

It's been going on, only the gullible ones fall prey. Thank God for you
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by ottalo: 12:54pm On Oct 30, 2018
ItsTime4me:

OMG the same thing happened to me ohhh, the baba was begging me to send the card back I did later he said he want to speak to me and I said I'm not interested, that's ends our conversation
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by ItsTime4me(m): 1:15pm On Oct 30, 2018
johnpalmer774:

According to ur story u said the message was ignored and deleted immediately so if I may ask what messages did u now send back to them when d person calld u later or are u saying u recovered a text messages that has been deleted from your phone ??

I did not send them any message.
Re: Is This A New Method Used By Scammers? by ItsTime4me(m): 1:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
olawale005:
I did not send him any message. When he called, he asked me to send the message to him. So I was like, what do you mean? Don't you have the message in your phone? Then he begged that I should not use it. I said no problems, that I don't use what does not belong to me. Hope it's clear now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Might Deploy A Lie Detector As Chidinma Ojukwu Denies Killing Super TV CE / N15million For 3 Breasts: "How We Killed Three Ondo College Female Students" / Kidnappers Disguised As SARS Caught In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.