Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) (43514 Views)

Soldiers Shoot At Shiites In Abuja, 6 People Reported Dead - Politics Nigeria / Ashura Procession: One Dead, Others Injured As Police Fire At Shiites (Graphic) / Channels TV Journalist Shot As Police Clash With Shiites In Abuja [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by grandstar(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2018
otuekong1:
oga d shiites were d ones that approached d military check point at kugbo despite been told that their procession wouldn't be allowed in abj but dey refused thereby causing a very serious road block and they were begged,d shiite took it too far

Will this happen in the U.K or USA?

Each security force have their jurisdiction. It is not their job to engage with stone throwing civilians under any condition.

This is thr job of the anti-riot police.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Anation: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2018
Can you define Rules of engagement
Do you know what it means
Please be sure of what you saying
Before saying it
matrix199:
How did I end up in this lawless country uh?!

Nigerian soldiers have zero regard for human lives. No rules of engagement. If there is, it seems the rules don't apply to them.

Using live ammunitions to disperse protesters is utterly wrong, inhumane. The use of tear gas and rubber bullets would have minimized the number of casualties.

They just keep justifying our "shithole" status to developed countries.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by moderatedguy: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2018
otuekong1:
D Way we comment on nairaland its so immature, d shiites are to blame why will they block a whole road n obstruct people frm going to work knowing too well that atleast 30% of d workforce in abj ply that road, despite d plead d security agencies pleaded with them to return back not to take their procession to city centre{ freedom free but its not absolute]
Its that why they should be shot with live bullets,abi Nigerian army no know rubber Bullet?
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by BenzEne1(m): 9:02am On Oct 30, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Oga, Palestine and isreal have been at war for centuries. Can you show us where Israel used chemical weapons or live ammunitions against its own citizens?

Oh. That is the excuse. Human rights doesn't come to mind now since it's between two countries. And it's not war between Israel and Palestine, its a massacre.

Lets leave that sef, these Shiia guys were disrupting traffic and hindering businesses. They attacked the army personnel trying to stop their illegal blockade. They got what they asked for. Sense should be applied even during protests
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by mknigeriagreat: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2018
devindevin2000:
They did it to IPOB, Afonjas rejoiced. Now Shiites, Afonjas are also rejoicing. Their turn is coming, and no one, I repeat, no one will come to your aid or acknowledge what's happening you people. Wicked things, naturally wicked!

Boy as a proud afonja, I am happy to inform you that we don't make trouble. We are law abiding citizens and well taught. We respect opinions of others and tolerate each other irrespective of our political or religious or ethnic differences. The same way we were taught is how we are teaching our kids now. We are not violent and believe that there are several ways of achieving things without causing mayhem or riot or unrest. We are educated (even if we haven't stepped into a school before; cos education goes beyond registering in a school). If you decide to reply my objectively, I will quote you again as a matured person and we will have a reasonable conversation, if not, I will just quietly school you. Cheers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2018
we have become so desensitised as a nation these days, very soon we would just see a corpse on the road and walk away, that is where we are heading to, how can u excuse someone walking up to a person and shooting him close range, is that not murder?

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by OhiOfIhima: 9:06am On Oct 30, 2018
otuekong1:
yeah,itz wrong for fg to be holding el zakzaky but yesteday d shiite blocked d road frm maraba,nyanya,kugbo n police was begging in hours for them to shelve their procession to city centre, it was when they got to kugbo check point,even d army pleaded with them but they refused before d army fired tier gas to disperse them note their women was even sitting down n spreading their legs{ they can have their religious procession but it should not be at d detriment of other citizens, imagine thousands that were stopped frm going to their business places yesteday

Many people will not see dis especially dose pigs from potopoto republic. I am not justify d use of live ammunition to dispersed d protesters but if u look at it critically d Nigerians army can't be so unprofessional to do such if nothing goes wrong...

May Allah settle their rif between d fg n d Shiites group..
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by efilefun(m): 9:06am On Oct 30, 2018
osazsky:
so u guys want to block a major road cuz u are protesting for a guy DAT was killed one thousand years ago.serves them right.religion is a cuz to d black,provided they are Muslims I don't feel for them,virgins in d after life already looking for lubricant to ease smoth passage,sex for eternity, good move by the nig army,kudos
You were sounding like someone with brain before but ur stupidity is inbuit it cannot be hidden for too long, were those fools protesting cuz of religion or cuz of their leader who was arrested or the soldiers who opened fire on them ain't got muslims among them. Oponu oshi.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Mankosi: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2018
I give up on nigeria
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2018
moderatedguy:
Its that why they should be shot with life bullets,abi Nigerian army no know rubber Bullet?
oga military are trained to kill thats why their rifle is loaded with live amunition
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by hush15: 9:12am On Oct 30, 2018
stalwart123:
grin

Shi'ite attacked the army first; which is a suicide call on it's own.

In this video, you didn't hear the gunshots at first.

Your point is no excuse. There are rules of engagement as long as they were unarmed. It's just a protest.

You dont use live ammunition to subdue a protest. If countries around the world react like that, which citizen will be left to govern after they killed all? its too open and innocent passerby might be hit. Will they classify them all as Shiite? They didnt even isolate the target, they were just shooting at open glare and point blank. How do they identify Shiites from normal citizen. It is videos like this that will allow Buhari end in ICC since all he knows is brute force.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2018
grandstar:

Will this happen in the U.K or USA?

Each security force have their jurisdiction. It is not their job to engage with stone throwing civilians under any condition.

This is thr job of the anti-riot police.
so they should stay n look
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by ZombieNation: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2018
BenzEne1:

Amazing!!! How did you come up with this crap?

Afonjas do not rise for foolish rebellion. These Shiia protesters no dey hear word. That is a major road. Who the fvck blocks a major road despite warnings from the army operatives? Innalillah rajiun for those who lost their lives. But they dug their own graves

Afonjas will not rise even if their wife was raped in front of them.

Just listen to your sekf.

How has traffic violation justified a shoot at sight policy?

You are an irredemable and irrelevant afonja kafir
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by wonder233: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2018
Yes
falcon01:
so now person without gun attack you then you shoot him?
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 30, 2018
These same unharmed shia shattered a policeman head with stone in July during their protest in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2018
cashmyles:

I will appreciate if you can share with me the link where the protesters in the western world stoned their police with stone rather than egg. I so much believe they are not animals and mature in their dealings/protest compare to our countrymen

Here you go;

https://mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1N31AJ

This happened yesterday in Greece as it was stated that the protesters threw stones, flares and even petrol bombs at police who responded with just teargas.

Can you see here that despite all that the protesters did, the police just responded with tear gas.

Anyways, I have come to realize that you lot have an evil heart so you will always support evil.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2018
Xda59:

Protesters in civilized countries don't haul stones at the police. In the US, if you haul a stone (or even attempt to) at the police, consider yourself dead.
PHILipu1:

Lol.
Protesters in those countries don't block federal high way,they don't use stones,knives and broken bottles to stone police.

Don't say what you don't know.

In Greece just yesterday it was stated that the protesters threw stones, flares and even petrol bombs at police who responded with just teargas.

Can you see here that despite all that the protesters did, the police just responded with tear gas.

Read here for more info

Anyways, I have come to realize that you lot have an evil heart so you will always support evil.

You guys are just sick in the head.

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
This deaths would have been avoided if Buhari has respected court order to free the leader of the Shiits in his custody.

Buhari must go in 2019.

We must at all cost avoid Proxy War that exist between Saudi Arabia and Iran in Nigeria. The best way is to keep shiite down low and and allow sunnis dominance. this will preventive political confrontation in near future. and it will Affect Christian and others in near future.

Middle is is burning now because of that Proxy War, and we cannot afford to have that in Volatile Nigeria
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Rotji(m): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2018
460ICEBEATZ:

grin

I remembered one I witnessed sometime ago. Na so the mumu near me dey form James bond say na rubber bullet dem dey fire say nothing fit carry am from where he dey. By the time the soldiers got close nobody tell am to run for safety.

A lot of people commenting don't have any idea the kind of people the security forces were dealing with, if you understand hausa language well you hear the people making this video urging the protesters to deal with the army calling the army rifles toy guns, urging them to disarm the army, how do you deal with violent people trying to disarm you Huh?! imagine one of the protesters is able to disarm one soldier, you don't want to picture what will happen. Have you heard how many soldiers were killed in that protest? Three! And one of them was a relative of a close associate of mine. Sahara reporters didn't do their investigations well, who dares an armed person?! Who does that?

4 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by 4koff: 9:23am On Oct 30, 2018
This is a Muslim Group o! Let Biafra continue, whatever they see, make them no call Trump o!
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by hush15: 9:23am On Oct 30, 2018
hargbajaylorla:
These same unharmed shia shattered a policeman head with stone in July during their protest in Kaduna.

Thats because the said police werr not trained. Maybe nigerian Police doesnt have any anti riot police.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by TheRealestGuy(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2018
BenzEne1:

Funny thing is those media outlets and justice campaigners would say nothing when Israel uses chemical weapons against stone-throwing Palestinians. And a lot of people on here would praise Israel for such acts. Hypocrisy

Chief they kill foreigners not their own people.

If the army can open fire on its own citizens I assure you you're far from safe anywhere you are in this country.

Stop defending the indefensible.

5 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by DammyGbade(m): 9:30am On Oct 30, 2018
From the onset, the fight has been between Nigerian army and Shiites... Leave the president out of the issue. The military is above the President.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Dpharisee: 9:31am On Oct 30, 2018
otuekong1:
D Way we comment on nairaland its so immature, d shiites are to blame why will they block a whole road n obstruct people frm going to work knowing too well that atleast 30% of d workforce in abj ply that road, despite d plead d security agencies pleaded with them to return back not to take their procession to city centre{ freedom free but its not absolute]

I know that you are Sunni Muslim, the way you guys hate the Shiite Muslim sect is appalling but most terrorists in the world are Sunni Wahabbi.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by PHILipu1(m): 9:32am On Oct 30, 2018
TheKingIsHere:

Don't say what you don't know.

In Greece just yesterday it was stated that the protesters threw stones, flares and even petrol bombs at police who responded with just teargas.

Read here for more info

Keep quiet and don't talk rubbish.
Did the Greek Protestant used things like this

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by jesmond3945: 9:32am On Oct 30, 2018
Nigeria is doomed, if buhari doesn't find a lasting solution to this menace, it is just a matter of time.Nigeria is lucky these people have not metamorphosed into a terrorist group.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Nobody: 9:36am On Oct 30, 2018
Sagay212:

if you watch the video very well you will notice that when the shites started throwing stones, the soldiers moved back. the shites didn't stop, they kept throwing and were starting to move closer before the soldiers shot to scare them. Even with the gunshots, they continued throwing stones. let's be honest if the soldiers did not respond, the shites would continue with the stones and if they by chance get one soldier down, they'll kill him. The soldiers were moving amunition according to information. Do you expect them to run away from shites and abandon the truck filled with ammunition? Do you know what will happen if the shites overpower and gain access to the truck? It's easy to sit at the comfort of your houses and blame the NA for shooting at people who attack them. If ya'll where in the soldiers shoes, im sure you'll have no option than to do same. Abi who go fold him hand allow person use stone injure you. People have been warned severally to always ensure there protests are peaceful. Do not for any reason attack security people, do not disturb others with your protest , but na lie.

Even the video itself was a set up, "You can hear them saying beat the shit out of the army, deal with them, that soldier is alone" , Rush them" , I don't understand Igbos, so they expect the military not to react

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by Generalkorex(m): 9:39am On Oct 30, 2018
devindevin2000:
They did it to IPOB, Afonjas rejoiced. Now Shiites, Afonjas are also rejoicing. Their turn is coming, and no one, I repeat, no one will come to your aid or acknowledge what's happening you people. Wicked things, naturally wicked!
They Yoruba Are coward And not violence people
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by bmos(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=matrix199 post=72520340]How did I end up in this lawless country uh?!

THEN PACK YOUR THINGS AND LEAVE. CAN YOU TRY THE NONSENSE THESE LAWLESS PEOPLE JUST DISPLAYED IN ANY ADVANCED COUNTRY AND STILL WALK THE STREET? WE TOO SENTIMENTAL IN THIS COUN3
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by BenzEne1(m): 9:42am On Oct 30, 2018
ZombieNation:

Afonjas will not rise even if their wife was raped in front of them.

Just listen to your sekf.

How has traffic violation justified a shoot at sight policy?

You are an irredemable and irrelevant afonja kafir

I am from Auchi in Edo state. Don't be tribal.
You folks just jump to comment without proper info. Those protesters blocked traffic and attacked both police and army checkpoints. Those soldiers gave it back to them just as much. Do you know the mayhem that was caused. It was a violent protest you can ask anyone who witnessed it.

Una go dey shout this kain thing no fit happen for yankee. Will a protester in USA attack the military or police? Ask yourself.
Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by YomiBankz(m): 9:43am On Oct 30, 2018
stalwart123:
grin

Shi'ite attacked the army first; which is a suicide call on it's own.

In this video, you didn't hear the gunshots at first.

So you find this funny huh SMH....these guys are humans for God's sake....I'm not in support of there actions but think of it the man they are protesting for his freedom has been discharged and acquitted...why hold him and his wife in prison ? these guys are just doing what most Nigerians can not do, they are fighting for their rights, something we all need to do if we want a better Nigeria...we are just hypocrites and scared cats.

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Shooting At Shiites In Abuja (Disturbing Video) by TheKingIsHere: 9:44am On Oct 30, 2018
[b][/b]
PHILipu1:

Keep quiet and don't talk rubbish.
Did the Greek Protestant used things like this

Honestly you are sick upstairs.

Gosh. Posting catapults used to stone police/army is enough to shoot and kill them with live ammunitions?
Did you read the part in the Greek protest that the protesters even used petrol bombs yet the police only responded with tear gas?

Una no get sense I swear.

Keep usupporting evil until evil will hijack you and your family.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Olusegun Bamgbose: Obaseki May Return To APC Immediately / FEC Approves Reopening Of four Land Borders / President-elect, Bola Tinubu Arrives Nigeria Ahead Of Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.