Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

You're Enough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You're Enough (195 Views)

If You're Still Thinking Buhari Has Any Chance In 2019 Election This Is For You / "You Were Baba Go Slow, But Now You're Baba Reverse— Reno Omokri Blasts Buhari / You're A Dictator, Tinubu Blast Goodluck Jonathan. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You're Enough by Dejikohen: 5:58am On Oct 30, 2018
*YOU'RE ENOUGH*

The first step to be taken towards building a Nation via the electoral process has been completed by registration and collection to an extent of the voters' card.

However, that is just the foundation stage of building the nation of our dreams. Now, the task of Nation building beckons on us all to collect our voters' cards and vote during the coming elections.

My little personal survey has shown that most Nigerians are not enthusiastic about voting, we just get our voters' cards for (what I will call the frivolities of) identification and form filling purposes.  The excuse I usually get sounds like this: "Deji, my votes won't count. These politicians already know who will emerge as the winner."

But I beg to differ on this ideology.

Research shows that at least 40 million Nigerians did not vote despite having voters' card and about a 80 Million did not even participate in last elections.
Imagine, if these Nigerians had voted or participated in the electoral process, perhaps the narrative will be different.

Public officials are contractors employed for a term of four years which is renewable for an additional term of four years. The medium for sealing this contract is via our vote.

In leadership there cannot be any kind of vacuum. If you and I don't vote, then the democratic process will count those who do and we will be left to bite our nails (assuming the wrong choice is made).

All that is needed is your singular vote. Let us ensure that we vote. Advice your friends, family and acquaintances to vote. Our collective vote is the stamp with which we seal the contract of who leads us for the next four years.
Your vote, fellow Nigerian is enough to change this nation.

Thank you
God bless you and may God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

*Adewumi Adedeji*
*Writes from Lagos Nigeria*
*08082490452*
*@_Adewumiadedeji17*
*Dejijupiter@gmail.com*
*#D'PresidentDiary.*
Re: You're Enough by Luminee(f): 6:17am On Oct 30, 2018
It is not enough to sit down doing nothing when there is so much to be done. I agree with you @dejikohen.

Africa needs bright and willing minds to tackle our problems, let us start by admitting it and then talk about it join other Africans @ www.sayitafrica.com to discuss and proffer workable solutions that will secure our continent amongst others.

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Csos Protest Over Leah Sharibu And Benue R*pe Victim / Kaduna Crisis: Buhari Meets Religious Leaders Today / APC Meets EU Delegation, Expresses Confidence In INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.