Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Catholic Archbishop Proposes Deduction Of Tithe From Workers’ Salaries(video) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic Archbishop Proposes Deduction Of Tithe From Workers’ Salaries(video) (326 Views)

Why I Demanded Return Of Tithe From My Former Church – Abuja Man / Should I Pay Tithe From My 20k Stimulus I Got From Government? / FG Should Deduct Tithes From Workers Salaries And Send It To Church - Archbishop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Catholic Archbishop Proposes Deduction Of Tithe From Workers’ Salaries(video) by InforOrbit: 6:29am On Oct 30, 2018
Most Reverend Cyprian Kizito Lwanga, Catholic Archbishop of Kampala, has proposed that the central government deducts 10 per cent from the monthly salaries of workers, and forward the deductions directly to the church.

He stated this at St. Mary’s Cathedral, Rubaga during mass, according to Citizen TV. He said non-payment of tithes affects project development in the church.

His words: “Whenever we ask for tithe, everyone gives only what they have at that time. But the Bible says a tenth of whatever you earn belongs to the church.

“Give me your support as I front this proposal because it is good for us. Aren’t you tired of putting money in the baskets all the time?”

Lwanga said he wanted Uganda to toe the line of Germany, where citizens who are registered as Catholics, Protestants or Jews have a church tax (Kirchensteuer) of eight to nine per cent deducted from their annual income. The church tax is collected by the government and channelled to the respective faiths.

Full Story and Video In the Link Below
https://www.informationorbit.com/catholic-archbishop-proposes-deduction-of-tithe-from-workers-salaries/

(1) (Reply)

FORGIVE (3) / How to fight to win and have good health irrespective of the company / Bishop Oyedepo Blows Hot On Buhari, Suggest President Buhari Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.