Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) (2930 Views)

Let 2023 Be The Last Time Igbos Will Interfere In Lagos Politics - Onanuga / ISWAP Blows Up High Tension Electricity Lines, Plunges Maiduguri Into Darkness / Cody Murray Bruce: Ben Bruce Son, Graduates From High School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Explorers(m): 10:48am On Oct 30, 2018
The HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... sound.

I noticed the powerline in my area has been mute for some years now.

Many years ago, the sound can be heard many meters away.

1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by haywire07(m): 10:49am On Oct 30, 2018
2014. I haven't been under another one to confirm
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Nichotivity1(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2018
Piano sound abi guitar sound? grin

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by ChiefAzubuike(f): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2018
I live just below a tension wire. The noise is so severe I find it difficult to sleep at night. This thing has been affecting mentality. Three of my neighbors are now remanded at the yaba psychiatric asylum. We are begging the federal and state government to come to out aid. We are fed up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by madridguy(m): 10:54am On Oct 30, 2018
If you live around Powerline area in Lagos you will experience this every morning.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Nichotivity1(m): 10:57am On Oct 30, 2018
everyday my brother
we're still in Nigeria
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2018
That noise though

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by delishpot: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
I live just below a tension wire. The noise is so severe I find it difficult to sleep at night. This thing has been affecting mentality. Three of my neighbors are now remanded at the yaba psychiatric asylum. We are begging the federal and state government to come to out aid. We are fed up.

I am sure the FG would recommend you move out from that place. How can you be comfortable living under high tension wire in Nigeria that lacks maintenance culture?

8 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 30, 2018
Maybe the power line are now suffering from sore throat from excessive humming hence the silence.

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Goahead(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2018
This could be due to modern substations and transformers.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
delishpot:

I am sure the FG would recommend you move out from that place. How can you be comfortable living under high tension wire in Nigeria that lacks maintenance culture?

You actually took his comment seriously

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by hahn(m): 12:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
Explorers:
The HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......... sound.

I noticed the powerline in my area has been mute for some years now.

Many years ago, the sound can be heard many meters away.

The one in my area still hums but the area is rather quiet. I don't think you'll be able to hear the sound in a noisy area abi no be city you dey?
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by SweetJoystick(m): 12:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
madridguy:
If you live around Powerline area in Lagos you will experience this every morning.
Aboki so na Lagos you dey stay? I need visit you abeg

3 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by madridguy(m): 12:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
Wetin you wan see me for? grin

SweetJoystick:

Aboki so na Lagos you dey stay? I need visit you abeg
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
wait una get mind to live for near high tension power line, I visit one of my friend who's compound was under an high tension, when I hear the humming, men I tell my guy how far, make we go eatery go talk ooo, because any small mistake, nothing fit acts as insulator for high tension.

2 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by SarkinYarki: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
Goahead:
This could be due to modern substations and transformers.

Na lie!!! Very high current passing through power lines must always buzz

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Oluwasaeon(m): 12:50pm On Oct 30, 2018
Sunday
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by SweetJoystick(m): 12:58pm On Oct 30, 2018
madridguy:
Wetin you wan see me for? grin

I wan show you something nice grin

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by MexxIT(m): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
Where d light wey dey pass thru dem? Shebi it is d current passing dat's humming...

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Beremx(f): 1:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
High tension wires have become home for all kinds of birds. If the high tension wires have a particular noise they make, I think they have stopped making it

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by delishpot: 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2018
hahn:

You actually took his comment seriously

Hahahaha abi na. Make I save his life. I know that the lefulefu likes to wahala people on Nl.

4 Likes

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Auladimeji2: 1:26pm On Oct 30, 2018
What's transformer or powerline cheesy

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by hahn(m): 1:27pm On Oct 30, 2018
delishpot:

Hahahaha abi na. Make I save his life. I know that the lefulefu likes to wahala people on Nl.

He a is Troll of the Highest Order grin

1 Like

Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by fuckboys: 1:37pm On Oct 30, 2018
but why electric no dey shock bird? The way wey them dey dance untop hightension wire dey baffle me
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Kalapizim(m): 1:56pm On Oct 30, 2018
Not funny, I witnessed one of the high tension fall on a woman this past Saturday.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by dkronicle(m): 2:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
Kalapizim:
Not funny, I witnessed one of the high tension fall on a woman this past Saturday.
wtf ? She is dead niyen
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by madridguy(m): 3:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
What part of Lagos are you?

SweetJoystick:

I wan show you something nice grin
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by SweetJoystick(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
madridguy:
What part of Lagos are you?

Ogba
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by madridguy(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
Contact my secretary first. Seeing me is like seeing PMB. I dey Agege grin

SweetJoystick:

Ogba
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by Kalapizim(m): 3:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
dkronicle:
wtf ? She is dead niyen
straight up, one died instantly i didnt stay to know the fate of the second person.
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by SweetJoystick(m): 3:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
madridguy:
Contact my secretary first. Seeing me is like seeing PMB. I dey Agege grin

Lol no be only Secretary na PA
Re: When Was The Last Time You Heard Sound From High Tension Powerline(Pics) by ceeceeuwa: 3:42pm On Oct 30, 2018
ChiefAzubuike:
I guess that is the reason for your razz comments...dialing yaba left ASAP!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Apc Win Bayelsa State? / How Has Islam Helped The Northern Nigeria? / Over 50 Military Checkpoints From Aba To Umuahia, Because Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.