Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,411 members, 7,958,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe (1766 Views)

Use Enugu Airport For International Travel - Ethiopian Airlines To S-Easterners / Nigerian Airlines To Shut Down All Operations On Monday Over Fuel Costs / United Nigeria Airlines To BeginOperation On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe by davodyguy: 11:08am On Oct 30, 2018
In the wake of recent air disasters in the aviation industry that came to us in quick succession
1. Leicester City Owner's Helicopter Saturday 27th October, 2018
2 Lion Air plane crash in Indonesia on Monday 29th October, 2018
It is necessary that we take our safety seriously and consider the pedigree of the airline we intend to travel with.

Imagine that the Lion Air plane that crashed is a brand new Boeing 737 MAX 8, acquired from Boeing in August 2018 and it had only flown 800 hours before the crash yesterday.
According to the Aviation Safety Network, the airline was added to the European Union's blacklist of banned carriers in July 2007, and removed from the list in June 2016.

In consonance with the foregoing, we visited the https://www.tripsavvy.com/eu-releases-black-list-of-airlines-54210 to see the list of airlines banned from traveling to any EU country.

Countries With Blacklisted Airlines
[img]https://www.tripsavvy.com/thmb/P5SFuw81H4YLdcc3Igi4NFOY4x8=/950x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(webp)/airplane-in-flight-872042016-5b7ba9adc9e77c00244ebf8e.jpg[/img]
As of 2018, the EU Air Safety List contains over 200 airline carriers from 16 countries or states that are either banned outright or placed under restrictions for operating within European airspace. The following countries have bans on one, a few, or all of the airlines regulated by their national aviation department:

Afghanistan: all airlines banned

Angola: all airlines banned except TAAG Angola Airlines

The Republic of Congo: all airlines banned

The Democratic Republic of the Congo: all airlines banned

Djibouti: all airlines banned

Equatorial Guinea: all airlines banned

Eritrea: all airlines banned

Gabon: all airlines banned except Afrijet and Nouvelle Air Affaires Gabon, both of which are restricted by aircraft type

Iraq: Iraqi Airways banned

Iran: Iran Aseman Airlines banned

Kazakhstan: all airlines banned except Air Astana

Kyrgyz Republic: all airlines banned

Liberia: all airlines banned

Libya: all airlines banned

Mozambique: all airlines banned

Nepal: all airlines are banned

Nigeria: Med-View Airline banned

Sao Tome and Principe: all airlines banned

Sierra Leone: all airlines banned

St. Vincent & Grenadines: Mustique Airways banned

Sudan: all airlines banned

Suriname: all airlines banned

Ukraine: URGA banned

Zambia: all airlines banned

Zimbabwe: all airlines banned
Re: When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe by davodyguy: 11:13am On Oct 30, 2018
Unfortunately our Nigeria: Med-View Airline is banned, whilst the likes of Ghana Airways, SAA, Ethiopian Airline, Egypt Air, Air Maroc, Kenya Airways are not banned embarassed cry cry

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Mukina2
DisGuy

Can do the needful to save lives
Re: When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 31, 2018
davodyguy:
Unfortunately our Nigeria: Med-View Airline is banned, whilst the likes of Ghana Airways, SAA, Ethiopian Airline, Egypt Air, Air Maroc, Kenya Airways are not banned embarassed cry cry

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Seun
Mukina2
DisGuy

Can do the needful to save lives

I flew Kenya Airways from Amsterdam to Nairobi to Lagos last month.

It wasn’t by choice because I missed my KLM flight but it was actually not bad technically. Friendliness of crew was not high in the Nigeria leg.
Re: When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe by davodyguy: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
EgunMogaji:

I flew Kenya Airways from Amsterdam to Nairobi to Lagos last month.

It wasn’t by choice because I missed my KLM flight but it was actually not bad technically. Friendliness of crew was not high in the Nigeria leg.
I'll never do Kenya Airways, since I lost a relative in the 2000 crash they suffered on Dubai Lagos flight

1 Like

Re: When Next You're Traveling, Do Not Board Any Of These Airlines To Europe by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
davodyguy:

I'll never do Kenya Airways, since I lost a relative in the 2000 crash they suffered on Dubai Lagos flight

My Brother I was caught between a rock and a hard place.

I had purchased Delta Airline tickets, Los Angeles to Lagos via Amsterdam with a quick stoop in Detroit. Well the plane broke down in Detroit and the mechanic spoilt another part while trying to replace a simple part. 30 minutes turned to 3 hours delay. So of course by the time we got to Amsterdam the Lagos flight already left.

It was either take Kenya Airline or be stuck in Amsterdam for another day. I discussed my concern with a KLM person and he assured me that before they would coshare with KLM/Delta/AirFrance that they passed stringent requirements and also to be even allowed to fly into Europe.

I got on board, situated my family and just drank my self to stupor not he way to Nairobi and then to Lagos. I will say though that it seemed like a well maintained aircraft and the Pilots were on point (I am an aviation hobbyist).

But all that being said I would never purchase a Kenyan Airways intentionally.

(1) (Reply)

Migrating With 1 Million / Help!! Directions Needed Please. Imota-ikorodu To Ajah / Can I Relocate To An Unknown Place?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.