Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Schengen Visa For An Underage Person - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa For An Underage Person (1191 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by johnkent(m): 8:00pm On Jul 19, 2010
have him apply for a visa
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2010
johnkent:

have him apply for a visa

Short and sweet.
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 10:09pm On Jul 19, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by coolier(f): 11:22pm On Jul 19, 2010
tinkinfela:

short and dumb

No, not dumb, it's the most sensible thing to do

You can invite him to spend some time, holidays, Xmas(whatever) with you in Sweden, I take it you legalized your stay there by your marriage, send him a letter of invitation or have your wife do that with all the required documents and have him take them with his application and passport to the Embassy of Sweden for a visiting visa.

If he is successful, he gets a Schengen visa, travels to Sweden first and you can then take him visiting the football club in Norway, on the same visa and even more adventurous by train, he would love it and have fun. The Club wouldn't want to be responsible for getting him to Norway, what if he doesn't meet up to their expectation, it would have been a waste of time and money, nobody wants to lose money.

Hey! I wish him all the best and this link might come handy: www.swedenvisa.org
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by coolier(f): 11:44pm On Jul 19, 2010
tinkinfela:

BTW, i'm 21 and i'm not married.

tinkinfela:

I'm currently living in Sweden with my Swedish spouse.

I rest my case!
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by Vicjustice: 12:19am On Jul 20, 2010
tinkinfela:

Haha spouse doesn't necessarily mean wife/marriage lol,  have you heard of the term ''common-law partner''? we're just registered partners, no marriage contract or anything.
   Coolie is smart to have pointed out your contradictions.
   Spouse simply means, a person's partner in marriage. So, what are you now trying to explain with these conflicting facts? Or, are you in a civil partnership with a man, are you Gay?
   Actually, it doesn't bother me whether you are or you are not, i'm only looking at the discrepancies on your given marital status.
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by oyewolejos(m): 12:23am On Jul 20, 2010
Vicjustice:

Coolie is smart to have pointed out your contradictions.
Spouse simply means, a person's partner in marriage. So, what are you now trying to explain with these conflicting facts? Or, are you in a civil partnership with a man, are you Gay?
Actually, it doesn't bother me whether you are or you are not, i'm only looking at the discrepancies on your given marital status.
U read my mind.U took the word outta my mouth.
Gayyyyyyyyy? Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.
I runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 12:46am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 1:00am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by member65: 3:53am On Jul 20, 2010
tinkinfela:

Gay ke?? if anything, i'm too straight!!
According to wikipedia, the term spouse generally refers to a partner in a marriage,In some usages,a partner in a civil union, domestic partnership or common-law marriage.

A domestic partnership is a legal or personal relationship between two individuals who live together and share a common domestic life but are neither joined by marriage  nor a civil union. The word is ''sambo'' in swedish. Not many people believe in marriage in this part of the world you know.
Main man, don't ever cite wikipedia for meaning of words. Not a good look at all. Always use the dictionary. Vicjustice's definition is the correct meaning. That doesn't mean that your "Sambo" stuff is not true though.
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by johnkent(m): 7:48am On Jul 20, 2010
haha. His citing Wikipedia as a source for his information; not funny.
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 9:32am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by Vicjustice: 10:29am On Jul 20, 2010
tinkinfela:

Vicjustice,

Getting back to the topic,do you have any suggestions?
   Actually, i think Coolier did a good job, she's suggested well. But i can understand why it might not be easy to go with her advice: You're 21, and perhaps you're a student so, your social and/or financial stance is probably a hindrance.
   Now, in the light of the above, i don't think that there is anything you can do about it except the body organising the football "trial" does the invitation and sponsorship.
Re: Schengen Visa For An Underage Person by tinkinfela(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Tour Badagry! / Get Your E- Ticket Now,payment After Confirmation. / Get Your Malaysian Visa In Less Than 2 Weeks Of Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.