Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,382 members, 7,822,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers (1063 Views)

Stop This Adamawa Show Of Shame, PDP Govs Tell INEC / We Can’t Afford To Pay N30,00 Minimum Wage, Govs Tell NLC / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Islie: 9:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Olusola Fabiyi , Abuja

Nigerian governors met in Abuja on Tuesday night and said they can only increase workers salary in their states from N18,000 to N25,500 per month.

The resolve of the governors was contrary to the demand of the Nigerian Labour Congress and the Trade Union Congress that the minimum wage must be increased to N30,000 .

The Federal Government had earlier offered to pay N24,000 as minimum wage .

Labour had declared that it would order workers to go on strike from November 6 , 2019 , if the government refused to take a decisive action on its demand .

However , the threat of the workers was believed to have made the leadership of the governors to convey an emergency meeting.

The meeting of the governors, which was held under the aegis of the Nigeria Governors ’ Forum, was attended by the Ministers of Labour and Productivity and that of National Planning , Senator Chris Ngige and Senator Udoma Udoma, respectively .

Chairman of the NGF , who is also the Governor of Zamfara State, Mr. Abdulaziz Yari , who briefed journalists after the meeting , said that the welfare of all Nigerians was the ultimate concern to the governors .

He said , “Following a meeting of the Nigeria Governors ’ Forum where we deliberated on the National Minimum Wage after a briefing from our representatives at the Tripartite Committee, we submit as follows :
“ The welfare of all Nigerians is our ultimate concern . In all our States , we are concerned about the deteriorating economic situation experienced by the vulnerable segment of our population.

“ In agreeing to a National Minimum Wage , however, the Forum is even more concerned about development , particularly in the health , education and infrastructure spheres . ”

Details later .

https://punchng.com/breaking-we-can-only-pay-n25500-as-minimum-wage-govs-tell-workers/

lalasticlala
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nigerian workers deserve a good pay

Yussuf Buhari power bike , will pay minimum wage of 2 million Nigerian workers .

He's not even a worker

1 Like

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by sarrki(m): 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
They will blame Buhari again
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
sarrki:
The lifeless one deserve all the blames that comes his way.

... When it comes to blaming others, Buhari is the chief blamer, So what goes around comes around.

As for the minimum wage, Nigerian workers deserve even more than that, Taking into consideration the inflation rate and the hardship they have been subjected to courtesy of Buhari and his band of corrupt cabinet.

3 Likes

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
sarrki:

But buhari minister is proposing just 24000 naira
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by ozo13(m): 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
Not bad! If they will be able to pay it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:
Nigerian workers deserve a good pay

Yussuf Buhari power bike , will pay minimum wage of 2 million Nigerian workers .
Brother, everything is not about Buhari. I don't support him but I can't close my eyes to the indecent act of the governors. Before Buhari came to power the workers plight has never been taken seriously by the governors.
The problem with this new minimum wage is not the amount but the governors who care less about their state workers. How can someone with such low salary still be crying for pay?
While the governors are being irresponsible with owing workers salaries and pensions, everyone is busy calling out Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by sarrki(m): 9:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

But buhari minister is proposing just 24000 naira

Government should not be employers of labor

That’s the final solution
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
sarrki:

Your brain malfunctions sometimes
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Mizwisdom(f): 9:13pm On Oct 30, 2018
They can't pay N18K it's N25K they will pay? Wait until Buhari wins 2019, that's when labor will understand the word SCAM!
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by 989900: 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
N25,000 is cool to avoid inflation . . . those earning a 100K would start earning around 140K, etc. . . . cushion that with a slightly stronger Naira and we have a winner.

P.S. Labour leaders should be using the opportunity to demand for a stronger Naira, and RMFAC to review the exorbitant/outrageous salaries and emoluments paid to some politicians.

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by sarrki(m): 9:14pm On Oct 30, 2018
NaijaRoyalty:

Your brain malfunctions sometimes

It’s because you lack the capacity to understand
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by NaijaRoyalty(m): 9:16pm On Oct 30, 2018
sarrki:

It’s because you lack the capacity to understand
You deserve a factory resetting slap to enable your brain function properly

2 Likes

Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by SeverusSnape(m): 9:20pm On Oct 30, 2018
sarrki:

I don't blame you na... Supporter of APC.

Little wonder Nigerians have lost millions of jobs since the lifeless one came on board.
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Poorboy: 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2018
989900:
N25,000 is cool to avoid inflation . . . those earning a 100K would start earning around 140K, etc. . . . cushion that with a slightly stronger Naira and we have a winner.

P.S. Labour leaders should be using the opportunity to demand for a stronger Naira, and RMFAC to review the exorbitant/outrageous salaries and emoluments paid to some politicians.

those earning 83k will earn how much? I wan know
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Poorboy: 9:30pm On Oct 30, 2018
bossvinqualad25:
I pray the increase becomes a reality ooo,Nissan exterra 2000 available for sale ,price 600k check my signature for my info
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by bossvinqualad25(m): 9:36pm On Oct 30, 2018
Poorboy:
its in perfect condition boss,u will enjoy it,buy Our cars today,u will b glad u did ,550k last sir
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by 989900: 10:59pm On Oct 30, 2018
Poorboy:
those earning 83k will earn how much? I wan know

N115k thereabout.
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 30, 2018
SeverusSnape:

I don't blame you na... Supporter of APC.

Little wonder Nigerians have lost millions of jobs since the lifeless one came on board.
The guy is right o.
A good government makes policies to grow the private sector. They don't employ up to 20% of their population, the private sector does that. A strong, growing and stable economy will boost the private sector and end this wage noise and that Npower nonsense.
If the government can make policies, it will birth new businesses, stabilize ailing companies and increase investors, by then nobody will even look at government jobs, while most of those government staff will want resign to join the private sector because they pay higher with lots of benefits.
Just take a look at the US, UK, and others, u will understand what I'm saying.
Re: We Can Only Pay N25,500 As Minimum Wage, Govs Tell Workers by Poorboy: 3:45am On Oct 31, 2018
989900:

N115k thereabout.
thanks but they say Governor's are talking of 22500

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Meets Buhari, Opposes Call For Oshiomhole’s Removal / Lai Mohammed: I Know Am A Liar But You Will Regret Not Voting PMB In 2019 / Buhari Disagrees With Priti’s Comment On Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.