Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage (79086 Views)

Governors Agree On 14-Day National COVID-19 Lockdown / FG, South-West Governors Agree To Formalise Amotekun / Zamfara Workers Paid N6000 As Minimum Wage - Ibrahim Khaleel, NULGE President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by skinnyzsam(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Nigeria Labour market is slavery, you see a foreigner who pays 10$ per hour as minimum wage in his or her country come here and exploit our economy with cheap labour paying them less than 50 to 100$ a month, God go punish this our useless leaders with no good labour policy...... ah yar adua where are you.

6 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Ikmontana1: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
j
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by seunto(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Awon olorii buu somebody
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by qanda: 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
Entrepreneurship may just be your way to self sufficiency. Get started as an entrepreneur as soon as you can. Before you set to sail, arm yourself with must have entrepreneurial information. Read FREE entrepreneurial and business resources for FREE on Q and A App

Download Q and A App on Google Playstore.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Donexy16(m): 10:00pm On Oct 30, 2018
25 wouldn't have been a bad idea...
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by GeorgeTheCoder: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
They can pay N2,500 for all I care.

Until Nigerians hit the streets and reclaim their nation, nothing will change. Nigerians are the most timid people on earth; they deserve $1 per month as minimum wage.

9 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by YINKS89(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
dis is serious
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by akinemma1: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
It's quite painful that the subject of minimum wage had to undergo several deliberations like this. Governors can now claim that they don't have the capacity to pay what labour Congress is demanding for but they have the capacity to embezzle money.

Let the strike begin.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by medoplus(m): 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
Less than $100 dollars monthly. That's insane
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Carlyscales: 10:01pm On Oct 30, 2018
baliyubla:
They are pricing kpomo in the market Na. " we can't pay more than 20k, after further and final deliberations, we have decided to pay 22500k". Labour should just go ahead and ground the Nation, Let's all suffer. Insensitive lots.
Yeye Govs!!
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by leonard002(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
nawa oo..

dis one is strong...
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by edgecution(m): 10:02pm On Oct 30, 2018
That's about 60usd grin grin
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Bgorgeous: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
Counsellors earn 400k, special advisers btw 400-500 I won't even mention the other thieves yet the people who work out the money will earn 22,500 . Can't breath normal again

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by CodeXI: 10:03pm On Oct 30, 2018
This is to show that the leaders are bad managers of our resources. 22500 from the previous 18,000 what a wicked increment. who ever among them came up with this idea should be a dumb ass. Why they feel relaxed all theses years is because the Nigerian people have not been relying much on the government . We will not accept this token as minimum wage period.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by lereinter(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
Wicked men

you won't go unpunished

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by RomeoEmpire(m): 10:04pm On Oct 30, 2018
Professor Isa Hussaini of Faculty of Pharmacy University of Maiduguri wrote: The blame for what Nigeria has become falls on you and me. Not Buhari, not Jonathan, not Obasanjo and definitely not Abacha. Our wickedness stinks to the heavens as we go about our daily lives, pulling down everyone and everything to become rich. We import substandard products, fake drugs and expired baby food unfit for human consumption and we have the nerve to complain about leadership? We even steal from widows, orphans, and refugees. We take their food and sell it for profit. No conscience. Nothing is sacred. No one is spared. We build substandard roads, schools, houses, hospitals, all for profit at the expense of human life;an invaluable item which all our profit and contract sum cannot buy. One would think this behavior is reserved for urchins but it would surprise you that this is the character of many decent looking people who appear to be normal but are not any better than Boko Haram members. They are church members, Muslims, husbands, wives and sadly youths. We pervert justice and pretend we do not know right from wrong just to serve our selfish interests. Slave traders pale in comparison to what we do to ourselves. We are wickedness personified. So much hatred flows in our blood and we transfer it to our children. It's evident in what we say and do. We have fasting and prayer sessions all year long, night vigils and deliverance when the actual problem is us. We simply cannot learn to love others . It is me, me, me. That is all that ever matters. It is sickening. Anyone who cannot love has no business in politics, Government and in Nigeria. Until we understand this, we will continue on this path of destruction. I can Change, You can Change, They can Change and We can Change by Sharing and Spreading this message....Change starts with Me.... Keep Forwarding, pls.

7 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by wolesmile(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
What is this much ado about the minimum wage? Why are civil servants being untruthful about this whole thing sef?
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by RomeoEmpire(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Professor Isa Hussaini of Faculty of Pharmacy University of Maiduguri wrote: The blame for what Nigeria has become falls on you and me. Not Buhari, not Jonathan, not Obasanjo and definitely not Abacha. Our wickedness stinks to the heavens as we go about our daily lives, pulling down everyone and everything to become rich. We import substandard products, fake drugs and expired baby food unfit for human consumption and we have the nerve to complain about leadership? We even steal from widows, orphans, and refugees. We take their food and sell it for profit. No conscience. Nothing is sacred. No one is spared. We build substandard roads, schools, houses, hospitals, all for profit at the expense of human life;an invaluable item which all our profit and contract sum cannot buy. One would think this behavior is reserved for urchins but it would surprise you that this is the character of many decent looking people who appear to be normal but are not any better than Boko Haram members. They are church members, Muslims, husbands, wives and sadly youths. We pervert justice and pretend we do not know right from wrong just to serve our selfish interests. Slave traders pale in comparison to what we do to ourselves. We are wickedness personified. So much hatred flows in our blood and we transfer it to our children. It's evident in what we say and do. We have fasting and prayer sessions all year long, night vigils and deliverance when the actual problem is us. We simply cannot learn to love others . It is me, me, me. That is all that ever matters. It is sickening. Anyone who cannot love has no business in politics, Government and in Nigeria. Until we understand this, we will continue on this path of destruction. I can Change, You can Change, They can Change and We can Change by Sharing and Spreading this message....Change starts with Me.... Keep Forwarding, pls.
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Horus(m): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHE0dvqRfmo

Minimum Wage: You lied, NLC, TUC, NULGE tells Ngige, Nigerian Governors Forum

The Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC) has given the Federal Government up to November 6, 2018, to meet their demands for workers’ pay raise or face an indefinite strike by the workers.

The leaders of the labour unions who are leading protest marches in different parts of the country insisted that the government must approve the 30,000 naira minimum wage and nothing less.

In Lagos, the protest caused a gridlock stretching from the Ojuelegba axis of Ikorodu road to Freedom Park in Ojota, Lagos state causing motorists to move slowly behind them.

In Imo State, the workers trooped out to sensitize the public on their demand for 30,000 naira minimum wage.

Also in Taraba, the Labour Union staged a sensitisation rally calling on the Federal Government to meet its demand of 30,000 minimum wage or face an indefinite strike action.

The workers said the sensitisation became necessary as the labour union has remained calm and adopted dialogue with the government since the expiration of the minimum wage review in 2016.
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Antipob777(f): 10:05pm On Oct 30, 2018
Please can someones told me when does this happens.

Bugatti has killed Nigeria.
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Jobabori(m): 10:06pm On Oct 30, 2018
MumZee1010:
Pls let's military take over, and flush out those yeye politicians.
Can you type this useless opinion of yours under military?. The spirits of those who lost their life in the fight for restoration of democracy in this country will not allow you to rest for life.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Iree1(m): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
This governors are weekend, untill those fools aee been paid minimum wage the mass can mk sense to them......

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by JubiGold(m): 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
GOD will punish whoever tat taunt Buhari... The man mean well but ur state leaders suffocating his effort

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:07pm On Oct 30, 2018
Gradually, we will get there.....

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by correctguy101(m): 10:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
baliyubla:
They are pricing kpomo in the market Na. " we can't pay more than 20k, after further and final deliberations, we have decided to pay 22500k". Labour should just go ahead and ground the Nation, Let's all suffer. Insensitive lots.

If the ciyizenry, I mean especially govt workers know themselves, they would know they do not need a pocket filled/itching NLC official to ground the nation. The people don't run the Congress over here, the Congress of Labour run the people hence all this nonsense. At the end, the Congress Chiefs will fill their pockets and accept anything and tell the common people to go back to work, AND AS REAL FOOLS, THEY'LL DO SO AFTER GOING FOR A STRIKE THEY WEREN'T PREPARED FOR, ONE THEY DIDN'T START.... $MH

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by akiOYIBO: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
Awusa-fulani Nigeria
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Horus(m): 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JJ56Ib841I

Labour Unions protest in Lagos over minimum wage
Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by Azam101: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
It shall not be well with the governors

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by usagee36: 10:09pm On Oct 30, 2018
Useless country. N22,500 I make in 2 hours here. Wicked leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by sweetilicious(f): 10:10pm On Oct 30, 2018
daddytime:
Evil bastards.

The amount each of these ugly baboons pocket monthly as security votes is enough to pay over 5000 workers @ 50,000 minimum.

You can begin to see how we are in a huge problem with these set of imbeciles in leadership positions.

I'd rather we toss the present constitution, strip everything from top to bottom and start afresh and on a clean slate. This ain't a system of government. There's no name for it in the book.

Thunder strike all of una dead. Animals
Exactly why Nnamdi Kanu wants Igbos out.The system is not working.

1 Like

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by umarsule885(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
SIMPLYkush:
It shall never be well with buhari and elrufai, they are evil, alongside all APC members...so even to complete the 25k they cant? and bubus son is driving a 50m bike... chai, see how workers are reduced to thrash...
#buhari back to daura
did you even read what's up there☝️? I'm sure NO in didn't because if you do you wouldn't be spilling out there this nonsense....u re so blinded by hate to even understand that the governors are from both party

4 Likes

Re: Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage by correctguy101(m): 10:11pm On Oct 30, 2018
jlinkd78:
Wickedness

When the so-called good people keep shut cos of fear or whatever what else do you expect the evil to do?

You better become evil too cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Maxwell Chinedu Etoromi's Death: Wrong Medication Killed Stella Oduah's Son / Osun Rerun Election Results: Live Updates As Collation Of Results Begins / Akeredolu Is Dead - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.