Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season (2687 Views)

Poll: Who Is This Season's Footballer Of The Year?

Ronaldo: 68% (17 votes)
Drogba: 20% (5 votes)
Totti: 4% (1 vote)
Daniel Alves: 0% (0 votes)
Stephen Gerrad: 8% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

Queen Asisat Oshoala Crowned Bbc Women Footballer Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 / Glo/caf Awards: Africa Awaits Top 3 Contenders For Footballer Of The Year Crown (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 1:06am On Apr 10, 2007
The season has almost ended-especially if you are an Arsenal fan-so we might as well start a Nairaland nomination process for footballer of the season.Heck,the Premiership Player's Footballer of The Season has already been voted on as far back as February.

My nominees are-

1:Cristiano Ronaldo-He has everything-pace,shooting,technique,finishing,vision.The boy is the best thing in a Man Utd no 7 shirt since George Best.He has been awesome this season and is the 2nd highest goal scorer in the Premiership.
He did well to overcome the brouhaha over the World Cup

2:Francesco Totti-One of the best players of his generation and one of the most  underrated.Leading scorer in the best league in the World-Serie A .Has been awesome this season

3:Daniel Alves-Sevilla right back,one word describes this kid-awesome.He is the best attacking right back I have seen since Cafu.Liverpool missed the opportunity to sign him last season.

As for Muppets of the Season.I won't waste much time on this assorted collection of football miscreants-

1:Andrei Shevchenko-Is that the real Shevy at Chelski or some fake "Taiwan" version.That boy makes Jeffers(Fox in the Box) look like Di Stefano.

2:Emerson-The man has acheived what many aspire to.Retiring from football while continuing to play.He is awful.Seyi Olofinjana will do a better job in that MADRID midfield

3:J[b]ulio Baptista[/b]-Complete Asshole!
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by lalaboi(m): 1:12am On Apr 10, 2007
4play! no need to shorten d possible nominees to three!! mak it mor
and why is drogba out of der! dis 1 na partia oh!
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 1:19am On Apr 10, 2007
You can make your nominations if you want,that is the whole point of the thread.Everyone makes a case for who they think should be the nominees.

If the nominees are not the people I included in the poll,we can get Seun to alter the poll

Nobody can claim that Drogba should be a nominee for Footballer Of The Year apart from biased Chelski fans.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2007
Totti grin
Moreintes grin

for now . my list will come up later grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Razorr(f): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2007
Footballer of the season: - Between Didier Drogba and Cristiano Ronaldo.

Muppet of the Season: - Wayne Monkeyboy Rooney  grin   grin

Muki, Morientes ko, lapalapa ni! You dey beef Chelsea abi?  grin   grin  Bad belle girl!  tongue
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 12:19pm On Apr 10, 2007
self-servicer of the season .Rooney grin

Razorr put up ur own let me be o . .

i'll put up my list later in the week .

for now thats my list grin

btw i think Essien deserves it .for chelsea undecided
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 4Play(m): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2007
Razorr:

Muppet of the Season: - Wayne Monkeyboy Rooney  grin   grin

You no see Shevchenko or Bouhlarouz? grin What about Ballack? £135,000 a week.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Razorr(f): 12:26pm On Apr 10, 2007
4Play, why do you like hitting on Chelsea players? angry

Chelsea has quality players, Period! cheesy

Abi se you still dey vex about your two consecutive 2-1 defeats?

By the way, I heard you were admitted in the hospital after your defeats! shocked I hope you are better now!

I also hope you won't report back to the hospital tonight, after yet another defeat o! grin We don't wanna lose you to heart failure! grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2007
footballer of the season - Didier Drogba

Muppet of the season - Julio Baptista? wait, he scored 8 goals, let him be #2 muppet - the crown goes to Michael Ballack
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2007
i said Essien cheesy he's the only 3 in one player in England grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by lalaboi(m): 11:47pm On Apr 10, 2007
4play! d highest wage in chelsea is 120,000

debosky! ba wetn? u dey dream?
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by justkunmi(m): 12:34am On Apr 11, 2007
obviously ronaldo for best footballer

and for muppet of the season. . .michael ballack
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 8:34pm On Apr 11, 2007
Cristano takes my vote for the prize.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by amodu(m): 9:03pm On Apr 11, 2007
C. Ronaldo is very hot this season, he deserves it.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 9:57pm On Apr 11, 2007
Thank u for saying d truth
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 10:13pm On Apr 11, 2007
How can anyone doubt it!!

C.Ronaldo is head an shoulders above anyone else this season!

And this after he was treated like the devil and blamed for England's exit out of the World Cup.

People said he will never play for Man U agian.

He was booed at all grounds

what did he do?

He showed us why he is so hated, because he so damn good!!

There is no sight more scary than Ronaldo coming at you with full speed and at the same time doing leg overs.

Many defenders have had accidents in thier pants at this sight.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2007
Vieira:

Many defenders have had accidents in their pants at this sight.

ask cashley grin grin grin
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2007
Muppet of the year is a bit harder:

Is it Rooney for being so rubbish this season?

Is it Hunt for being an asshole in every game

Is it Diouf for being Diouf?

Is it Bramble for being the worst defender in the premiership?

Is it Samaras for being shit for almost 3 seasons now

I will have to go for someone else for personal reasons:

Muppet of the season is no other than Julio Baptista.

He has the touch of a bricklayer.

His finishing is worse than Steve Wonder

He may improve next season but for this season he is the muppet of the year.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 10:22pm On Apr 11, 2007
may he improve elsewhere next season, definitely not at Arsenal angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 10:27pm On Apr 11, 2007
haa Debo you took that out of my mouth angry
let him go along with his twin brothers angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by toshmann(m): 12:16am On Apr 12, 2007
may be he should go with wenger, fabregas, van persie, adebayor, lehmann, toure, eboue, and all them arsenal host of failures grin emirates can as well be closed down grin

player of the year. . . . . . .arse-enal. . . . . . grin grin grin

Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by toshmann(m): 12:18am On Apr 12, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin grin. . . . . . . i go die o . . . . . grin grin grin grin . .

okay on a more serious note. . . . . . . player of the year. . . . .

Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 12:40am On Apr 12, 2007
Cristano Ronaldo
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Vieira(m): 9:42am On Apr 13, 2007
Toshman you need a wedgie big time.
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 11:35am On Apr 13, 2007
tosh now am beginning to think that you are gay angry angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by rikkyjen(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2007
When Baptista moved to Real madrid, i thought Real were going to kill the football world. What pisses me off is why they call him the beast! What beast? Beast that can't do jack, beast wey no fit scare opponent. He is supposed to be called a beetle. Very useless, the few times have seen him. Forget those hattricks sh!@t. the guy has not lived up to the big games.

Sometimes, Arsene wenger pulls one of the most stupid deals in footie. Imagine having Aliaderie, Senderos (Mrs Drogba)  cheesy and baptista in your team, How wont you underachieve, huh?. if you have a solid 1st 11 with a crappy bench like united (fletcher, oshea), its still better than having a mediocre 1st 11 and  crappy bench.

The wastepipes of the season can't be given to only Baptista, thats sheer partiality. The wastepipes of the season should be Baptista, Senderos (Always husbanded by Drogba) and Ali-ediye cheesy cheesy
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Mustay(m): 4:14pm On Apr 13, 2007
Senderos. I agree
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2007
LMAo

CRISTANO ROCKS
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by Christino(m): 9:26pm On Apr 13, 2007
Fans sabi nail, shocked

Sometimes they hail Reyes, at times they nail him,

When Aliadiere and Baptista finished Liverpool and Co, they were the best in the world, double mouthed BUNNERS!!! are all over the threads asking that Baptista be nailed.

Maybe you've forgotten his class (comparing him with pacy aliadiere)

Take a look at this with an open mind:

03/04 20 goals in 28 starts for Sevilla
04/05 22 goals in 38 starts for Sevilla
05/06 8 goals in 29 starts for Real Madrid
06/07 8 goals and 3 assists in 15 starts for Arsenal

Maybe Arsenal and Real Made a huge mistake or he's not been playing in his natural position, Sevilla were able to get the best out of him and in some games this season (2 precisely) he single handedly won them. What's all the bullshit i'm seeing here? INGRATES!!!

Ya'll 4gotten bout Ballack, Shevy, Tevez, Bellamy, Pennant and co, it's Baptista's head for the gallows, God forgive y'all! angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by debosky(m): 9:39pm On Apr 13, 2007
Baptista single 'handedly' won games for where?

the game against liverpool, ALL the goals were created as a result of the hard work of aliadiere, all Bap had to do was put the ball in the net.

what freaking class does he have? he shined at sevilla, when he was unknown and was local champion - move over to a bigger stage and he flops badly. and why are you quoting only the games he started? what about all the other games he has come on and been an absolute ass?

aliadiere is pacy, but the truth is that he has had too few good games to be considered to stay at Arsenal, we are a high class club, not a home for mediocre players.

of the 8 goals, 4 came in a single game shocked apart from that, he bumbled one goal against Reading (what a tough defence!) scored a simple header after Arsenal were already winning 2-0, scored against Spurs (ok that was a good goal) and then the other spurs goal and one more i don't remember.

I can't count the number of sitters and clear opportunities he has had, he is simply an oaf of a player not deserving to wear the Red and White. True we praised him in January - in hope that he would begin to perform consistently, but NO he has failed, woefully too! An unfit Henry playing merely 17 games (both starting and subbed) scored 10 goals!

Baptista is wack, I change my mind he IS worthy of muppet of the season angry angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by mukina2: 9:43pm On Apr 13, 2007
hey why are we still talking about Baptista angry
seeing his name makes me wanna puke angry
muppet of the season pls pls stop posting his name .b4 i slap someone pls angry
Re: Nominations For Footballer Of The Season And Muppet Of The Season by 9ja4eva: 9:46pm On Apr 13, 2007
Hes ur best now if u dnt know.HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Lionel Messi And Critiano Ronaldo From The 2019 UEFA Award / Nigeria Muslims Attack Ahmed Musa For Posting His Christian Wife. / Sports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.