Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,185 members, 7,867,440 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:09 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional (189 Views)

Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For MAY 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional 2024 / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional by Skyfornia(m): 7:04am On Oct 31, 2018
RHAPSODY OF REALITIES DAILY DEVOTIONAL

THEME: ALWAYS REMEMBER HOW YOU LOOK

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 31ST 2018

PASTOR CHRIS

OPENING SCRIPTURE: But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed (James 1:25).

The Word of God is the mirror of God. The Bible says anyone who hears the Word and doesn’t act accordingly is like a man who looks at himself in a mirror, turns around, and forgets what he looked like. (James 1:23-24). This means that God expects you to always remember who you are according to the Word; He wants you to always remember that His Word projects your image as “the glory of God!”

You might say, “No, that can’t be”; but 2 Corinthians 3:18 explains it. It says as we look at the glory of God in a mirror, we’re metamorphosed; we’re changed into the same image, from glory to glory. What does this mean? We know that a mirror only reflects whatever is set before it. Now, as you study the Word, particularly the Epistles, the reflection you see is the glory of God; that’s the real you. This is what the Lord is asking you not to forget.

The Word, the mirror of God, reveals that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus; you’re the seed of Abraham; you’re an heir of God and a joint-heir with Christ! These and other realities are reflections of you that you shouldn’t forget.

You’re the epitome of God’s righteousness; you’re His living tabernacle; the embodiment of His wisdom, love, and grace! See yourself that way; talk and act accordingly, and you’ll experience the reality of Christ and His glory in your life always.

PRAYER
Blessed Father, I thank you for your glory and righteousness in my life! I’m making progress with giant strides; I’m excellent, and full of glory. Your Word is working mightily in me, causing me to prosper in all I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

FURTHER STUDY:
James 1:23-24
23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

2 Corinthians 3:18
But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, [even] as by the Spirit of the Lord.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1-Year Bible Reading Plan:
Philemon 1:1-25 & Jeremiah 33

2-Year Bible Reading Plan:
James 5:1-20 & Ezekiel 31

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Oppressors / The Triple-filter Test / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.