Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,353 members, 7,819,255 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 PM

Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. (5828 Views)

Jumia Black Friday 2018 – Deals, Date, Sales Starts November 2nd / Jumia Black Friday (2017) Secrets Exposed: The Promise, Scam, And Cheats To Use / Jumia Black Friday Phone Prices In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by ayayamedia(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2018
I really need the Umidigi z2 but I missed it when it was on discount.

Please will they ever run discount for the phone... I need that phone.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
taiwoti:

You just displayed how dangerously ignorant you are about Ecommerce, your point makes sense at face value to a fool but lacks complete cohesion and I begin to worry how many people you have misled by your unguarded and poor pace of research into the dynamics of Ecommerce.

Don't argue with me, I know what I'm talking about.
You're definitely the ignorant one here if you think it's a lie
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by emmarnoel: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
What can you do with 5k?
Buy a shirt or trouser or even buy a small wig (for ladies) or probably have a nice time out buying pizza and coldstone ice cream
5k is all we need from you to tutor you on a life changing business line, ain't talking ponzi and ain't talking bets, these two won't guarantee you the life you desire..
At sunnywise enterprise, we would teach you
(1) step by step goods importation guide from China to Nigeria
(2) we would give you ideas of fast moving goods you can import and sell and make your profits within a short period of time
(3) our fast and quick third party logistics can ship the goods right from China to your door steps in a very short time
(4) we would teach you basics of e-commerce, online makerting/advertisment
(5) this would be a practical trainnng session, where you would practicalize everything you've learnt right there in class before you leave. You must import a product before you leave.

All of these and more for just #5000. Invest this token and your time with us and you'll never regret it

Hurry!!!
Limited slots available, I need just 10people for this offer

PS: come that day, we won't leave you until you import a product right before our eyes

For more enquiries,Pls call
Mr sunny: 080-659-57205
Mr Emmanuel: 081-673-20221

Or join our whatsapp group with this link
https:///C7sm9DNP919EGZFH78zdAs
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 31, 2018
The time i discovered that jumia is scam was during their recent anniversary.. Mehn.. Their scam is broad day light!
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by LadyOmaDine(f): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
Newboss:

So you know the 180k was a whooping discount of over 20 fūcking k) and you're part of those calling Jumia scam angry

Jumia is a market place angry There are people selling tokunbo 2011 venza (same spec) for 4m, and others selling for as high as 8m angry (Yeah, a crazy world) angry
It depends on how much a seller values the product at based on how much he bought it, etc angry

In periods of awoof, prices go back to normal so that discounts can be given angry You can't give ddiscount on an already discounted price angry That alone sounds silly angry

So next time you see a price lower than the market price, that is called DISCOUNT! angry

Prices go back to normal you say, then they would have left the 300k and put the silly discount price (230k) on black friday

Go and check, every single product still has a discount which means they would still give a discount on top of their so called discounted price. So what's your point?
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Newboss(m): 10:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
LadyOmaDine:

Prices go back to normal you say, then they would have left the 300k and put the silly discount price (230k) on black friday

Go and check, every single product still has a discount which means they would still give a discount on top of their so called discounted price. So what's your point?
They will only give discount on products without discount (that is, the discount is based on the original price) angry The original price is set by the seller angry Just avoid sellers with overpriced products angry

They give discount everyday o angry But black Friday (and other special day) deals are the baddest angry It's on days like that that you can grab a 120k product for 30k angry

I don't know how they manage to give such massive discount, but don't ever doubt the awoof. angry

As you see me so, I dey watch every goody goody on Jumia o angry Black Friday things Lolangry

1 Like

Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by nenergy(m): 12:23am On Nov 01, 2018
Newboss:

Guy, don't throw the agent line because that would make you sound somehow angry

I don't know the price of Infinix because I don't use such trashy productsangry

Jumia is a market place. angry There are some many people on Jumia selling the same product angry It's normal to see overpriced products in any market. angry So shine your eyes angry

Know the Market price of any product you want to buy, then be on the watch out for lower prices angry

This is a sensible and informed comment! Anyone who wants to buy infinix hot 5 at 10k during black Friday is a thief. Because the landing cost of that phone is far above that!

Black Friday is basically a time to clear warehouse/stock to create room for newer models next year.

So what items are likely to get a discount? Phones of 2014 - 2016, old model electronics that has been long in the market/store/warehouse but still unsold.

If the landing cost of iPhone 6 is 100k for example, the seller will add 50k as profit, hence selling at 150k. If throughout the year the seller couldn't finish the stock, he/she will sell at 100k (landing cost, so no loss or gain) during black Friday to sell out because by next year new iPhone will be released and no one will buy old model at high price.

Finally, about prices of some item cost going up. Let me explain with this illustration: 2 months ago, Gionee A1 lite was 39,990 on Jumia (not promo o, normal price because the seller imported from Gionee direct) but 65,000 at SLOT. Now if during black Friday, Jumia increases the price to 65,000 and sells at 39,900 people will say it's scam. But the retail price at shops is 65k

I'll advise not to put your hopes up too high. Just look out for older models of items and get ready to buy. I bought Doogee Mix of 6gb ram and 64gb memory at 23k during last black Friday. That was a good price.

Don't expect iPhone x or Samsung s9 to be so cheap, they are still new model. Look out for iPhone 5,6,7 and old model Samsung, Huawei, Lenovo etc

If you have more questions or need to order from Jumia WhatsApp me: 0.8.0.2.3.8.7.0.2.7.2

Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Nobody: 12:25am On Nov 01, 2018
It's no scam.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by ddjay: 10:03am On Nov 01, 2018
daviskingsley:
I decided to screenshot the phone I will like to get during black Friday just to see how far the price will be reduced, only to check back the price of the phone now and saw that it have been inflated by almost 100% in price and this happened to almost all the products slated for black Friday, they inflated the price in order to deceive people, on black Friday, u will see things like -50%, -80%, it's all lies, Jumia black Friday is scam.
ANOTHER DIMENSION TO THEIR ROGUENESS IS THAT, ALL FAULTY ITEMS THAT WERE RETURNED BUY CUSTOMERS WILL BE ON SALE DURING THIS THEIR RUBBISH BLACK FRIDAY.SO APART FROM BUYING INFLATED AND DEFLATED ITEMS,YOU WILL BUY AN ITEM SOMEONE RETURNED.
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by ddjay: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2018
ALL FAULTY ITEMS THAT WERE RETURNED BUY CUSTOMERS WILL BE ON SALE DURING THIS THEIR RUBBISH BLACK FRIDAY.SO APART FROM BUYING INFLATED AND DEFLATED ITEMS,YOU WILL BUY AN ITEM SOMEONE RETURNED.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by kayodez: 10:18am On Nov 01, 2018
phone wey I buy 21k last year Black Friday is still d same price at the moment.... nothing black in this....it's broad day robbery..... Guys be wise,

before you purchase an item, do ensure u check out for the actual market price first.

A word is enough for d Wise
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Speedyconnect15: 2:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
fucksterisback:
Black Friday is actually a scam (especially for e-commerce stores). The secret is the price changes is done automatically by a software or should I say a bot. It tracks the way you're interacting with the website (e.g if the way you're surfing through the web pages shows \that you're in a rush to buy something as it applies in black Friday), it increases the price automatically. It also applies to a situation where you're reluctant to buy something from the e-commerce website e.g it might generate a pop-up of 20% discount to persuade you to buy the item immediately.

In conclusion, you guys should enjoy your black Friday scam from jumia, konga and the rest, while it lasts. kiss grin

Wondering how I got to know this

Do your research.

source pls
Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by doctokwus: 2:36pm On Nov 01, 2018
U indeed caught up with their scam.
Anytime they do any sort of promo,they just increase the stated price of items,cancel it and state the old original price of d same item and tell u they av reduced d price

1 Like

Re: Jumia Black Friday Is Scam. by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 01, 2018
Speedyconnect15:

source pls
Check this bro. The same applies to other online ordering system in which e-commerce stores is also part of them.

https://www.skyscanner.com/tips-and-inspiration/hotels/hotel-price-change

(1) (2) (Reply)

Other Amazing Features Of Itel P51---not All About 5000mah Battery! / List Of Infinix Phones In Nigeria – Features, Specs & Prices / Geeks And Phone Users, Pick Between Tecno Y6 And Tecno W3? Give Reasons Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.