Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria (16750 Views)

Osun Election Prophecies: What Happened To Primate Ayodele? / Remivir: Ajimobi Was Defrauded Of N50m On Fake Drugs From Bangladesh - Sahara R. / FG Speaks On When Covid-19 Lockdown Will Be Over In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 31, 2018
When the prophecy Favored u! U didn't talk!!

Sinking!
Sinking!
Sinking!
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by yosicitapi: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2018
Too many people claiming to be Prophets in this country of ours...........
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Emmabraham: 11:15am On Oct 31, 2018
Iseedfuture:
Hello famz.
Please, I need a driving job. I'm a good driver with over 8years experience.
I also have a good mechanical knowledge.
Please, reach me with 08129352242.
I'M IN LAGOS.

But you were chanting sai baba before

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by luluman: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2018
Kingsmeal:
The Nigerian Government has commented on the proliferation of questionable prophecies being bandied around by clerics.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha on Tuesday condemned negative prophecies by some prophets in the country.

Mustapha, speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said Nigeria needs genuine prophets to stand on its behalf and guide the nation on the path of righteousness.

According to him, the primary responsibility of a prophet is to give guidance, direction and correction to the nation and the church, not create fear in citizens.

According to the SGF, “A true prophet of God will be committed to speaking God’s truth. He or she will never contradict God’s revealed Word.

“We are living in a time in Nigeria where we need God’s power, when God’s purposes must be accomplished through “shaking” and protective prophecies.

Mustapha stated that some of them also addressed their words to foreign nations and they demonstrated the ministry of a Prophet to Nations.

He urged prophets in the country to come together and proffer direction and correction from God that would bring lasting solution to challenges facing the country.
This, he said, was better than predicting death to the citizens.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/fg-speaks-on-fake-prophecies-what-prophets-should-be-doing-for-nigeria-4/

Like you make too did not make fake promise to get to that office.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by slimderek(m): 11:24am On Oct 31, 2018
yomi96:
have you noticed that they use christains to do it. Sometins they will not do to their own imams. Its disgusting.
In other words.
Christians are greedier than Muslims ?
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by uba1991: 11:24am On Oct 31, 2018
HigherEd:
Useless govt always looking for ways to vilify christianity undecided
christians pastors are hypocrites,they lies with d name of GOD for a cup of rice.

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Themandator: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2018
Not all of them wants what you mentioned. Somebody like Prophet Wale has been in the business of predicting political direction ahead of time. I believe he is one of the prophets for the nation

kolnel:
lol
Religion is just the bane of a growing society
The prophecies are from man of god who wants recognition and material compensation

The imams are doing worse jobs
Brainwashing the kids and turning them against their perceived opposition
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Themandator: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2018
Adesina even wrote an article praising those who gave accurate prophesy concerning the victory of Buhari ... Prophet Wale is one of the person's he wrote glowingly about

prettyfaith54:
During the build up to the 2015 general election when some clerics predicted the victory of the APC candidate of Buhari I bet you were sleeping Mr SGF the table has turned against your principal so just accept your fate and enjoin the feast while it last
#BetterNigeriaWithAtikuObi
#LetGETNigeriaWorkingAgain
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 31, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary should Go and remove him you dis Akuya grin
resign honorably or be forcefully removed next year. Terrorist government.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by yomi96(m): 11:38am On Oct 31, 2018
DCONE1:
because the imams don't go around giving fake prophecies dumbo
shut your gutter you this moribund. When those prophecies supported them it was not fake abi. Dont quote me next time if you dont have anytin meaningful to say
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by DCONE1(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2018
yomi96:
shut your gutter you this moribund. When those prophecies supported them it was not fake abi. Dont quote me next time if you dont have anytin meaningful to say
dumbo hahaha come and beat me I'm outside your house

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 31, 2018
Kingsmeal:
The Nigerian Government has commented on the proliferation of questionable prophecies being bandied around by clerics.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Boss Mustapha on Tuesday condemned negative prophecies by some prophets in the country.

Mustapha, speaking in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja, said Nigeria needs genuine prophets to stand on its behalf and guide the nation on the path of righteousness.

According to him, the primary responsibility of a prophet is to give guidance, direction and correction to the nation and the church, not create fear in citizens.

According to the SGF, “A true prophet of God will be committed to speaking God’s truth. He or she will never contradict God’s revealed Word.

“We are living in a time in Nigeria where we need God’s power, when God’s purposes must be accomplished through “shaking” and protective prophecies.

Mustapha stated that some of them also addressed their words to foreign nations and they demonstrated the ministry of a Prophet to Nations.

He urged prophets in the country to come together and proffer direction and correction from God that would bring lasting solution to challenges facing the country.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/fg-speaks-on-fake-prophecies-what-prophets-should-be-doing-for-nigeria-4/

I agree with his submission
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 31, 2018
lincsnuel:
I think this should be adhered to. People like Fr. Mbaka should just face their call and stop castigating politicians in the name of prophecy
Father Mbaka is a true prophet that speaks the mind of God. Many may not like him because of his rascality but I do like his boldness. He speaks the truth most times without favouring any party.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 31, 2018
Sanniumani:
I don't believe in all those Prophets, there's no Prophet
There is but not popular
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by michoim(m): 11:54am On Oct 31, 2018
Yes ooo. Fake prophets looking for looting government they will chop from their hand
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by thunderbabs: 11:57am On Oct 31, 2018
Govt shuld shaaaraaap dia... If the prophecies had been in their favour, they go talk? shocked

Fear don dey catch dem buhari camp... Una don lose already sef.. Prophecy or not

Daura issagoal
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by madridsta007(m): 12:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
Kingsmeal:

More below:

These guys are clowns for two things.

Firstly, forgetting that it was their 2015 campaign strategy with the likes of Mbaka and others campaigning for them in a prophetic manner.

Secondly, chasing prophets as part of “governance”. So funny! Do they understand what governance is all about haba?

Clowns in power.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
#JUST BECAUSE THEY'VE BEEN RECENTLY PREDICTING BUHARI'S IMMINENT LOSS ABI?.....

BUNCH OF FAILED SCUMS! #BACK TO DAURA IS SACROSANCT!
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by itu404(m): 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2018
The bible says, 1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. God can assign any prophet to speak about the political situation of any country. what we want is whether the man or woman is of God. if of God the prophecy shall come to pass. Note that the prophet also must have the discernment to interpret claerly , ot representing man for woman or peace for war or defeat for victory. this is where many fail and we think they are false not so.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by contigiency(m): 12:30pm On Oct 31, 2018
It way former president Jonathan who initiated it. It's all part of his projects.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by mechanics(m): 2:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
That's right.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by gentlemayor(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2018
Iseedfuture:
Hello famz.
I'M IN LAGOS.

You may need to visit the below link

https://ngcareers.com/job/2018-10/corporate-drivers-at-halogen-security-company-910

1 Like

Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by mrdipye(m): 3:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
These guys are jobless
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by ArchiTommy(m): 3:40pm On Oct 31, 2018
God willing no president shall rule beyond four years again until we get it right.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Belluchii: 3:59pm On Oct 31, 2018
I agree with the Federal Government on this one, the religious leaders are role models, they have a part to play in the development of this country, they should not be allowed to be used by the opposition just for the love of money, the Government has really tried in the development of this country.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by derecho(m): 4:06pm On Oct 31, 2018
Truth is the hallmark of Christians... Learn to situate things.If you have to generalize,you have to include others.Abi you never see Alfa wey be hypocrite before?
uba1991:
christians pastors are hypocrites,they lies with d name of GOD for a cup of rice.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
asuustrike1:

Father Mbaka is a true prophet that speaks the mind of God. Many may not like him because of his rascality but I do like his boldness. He speaks the truth most times without favouring any party.

Stop interfering destructively in igbo affairs....

Infact igbos can willingly dash u ur beloveth mbaka, Joe igbokwe, kenneth okonkwo( that is still living in bondage), uche nwosu, okorocha, okechukwu osita (Von dg), orji uzo. Kalu..for free

If. Slave trade is still on....we should have sold them off a long time.
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by derecho(m): 4:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
@OP
So prophets can't prophesy doom abi? They better face their work rather than dabble into what they don't know.
Always quick to denigrate Pastors.What's their problem with original or fake prophecies?
Imagine telling prophets what they should be doing..
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by castro316: 4:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
Iseedfuture:
Hello famz.
I'M IN LAGOS.
Pm me
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
HigherEd:
Useless govt always looking for ways to vilify christianity undecided

Fuuul, the speaker maybe is more devoted Christian if compared with u who only sees Bible verses on nairaland
Re: FG Speaks On Fake Prophecies, What Prophets Should Be Doing For Nigeria by brojoshua: 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2018
Government of the world is teaching the so called "prophets" of God their duties because the false prophets don't know the duties of the true prophets of God. Wonders will never end. The government of the world / Buhari is more righteous than the so called prophets of God

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Presents 2019 Budget (Live Updates) / I Won't Issue Fresh Proclamation For Edo Assembly, Obaseki Tells APC, Reps / #EndSARS: IGP Adamu Replies Amnesty, Says Policemen Didn’t Shoot Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.