Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,159 members, 7,821,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water (23532 Views)

Consumers, Traders Lament As Tomato, Pepper Scarcity Hits Markets / Ramadan: Prices Of Tomato, Pepper Rise By 60% In Lagos / Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by AngelicBeing: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
What's ur business??.. U want a party??
Not really buddy, enjoy the new year, but be the wisest man on this thread tongue
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 06, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Not really buddy, enjoy the new year, but be the wisest man on this thread tongue

Cc: AntiRiot
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by AngelicBeing: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:

Cc: AntiRiot
Hahaha, he doesn't do pay as you go and he is a refined gentleman, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hahaha, he doesn't do pay as you go and he is a refined gentleman, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com grin
Lol grin grin..u know him?? grin..then I think u frequent a thread in sexuality section..
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by ovcwality(m): 7:41pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
Lol grin grin..u know him?? grin..then I think u frequent a thread in sexuality section..
see how u come derail the thread with ur stupid post
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by AngelicBeing: 7:49pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
l, sometimes read that Una thread, funny guys on that thread, trolls creating different monikers, Hian, l am a refined gentleman and I don't do pay as you go, regards to all of you tongue

1 Like

Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
ovcwality:

see how u come derail the thread with ur stupid post
which thread?? undecided undecided
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
AngelicBeing:
l, sometimes read that Una thread, funny guys on that thread, trolls creating different monikers, Hian, l am a refined gentleman and I don't do pay as you go, regards to all of you tongue
Lol grin grin...Seun don kuku close the thread make dem rest.. cheesy
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by AngelicBeing: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
Lol grin grin...Seun don kuku close the thread make dem rest.. cheesy
Better, but I will not do pay as you go and l will continue to have my highest regards to all of you on that thread except the trolls grin
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by eventsmallchops: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
Fvck off.!!! The OP is not complaining... She loves it as a matter of fact.. undecided
thanks for the insult , I hope you feel better now
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 06, 2019
eventsmallchops:

thanks for the insult , I hope you feel better now
Yeah...A lot better..
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by AngelicBeing: 8:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
I'm a refined gentleman... I earn in 7figures monthly..I'm an Engineer...bla bla bla...can't u see my moniker??...I named it after the punk.. undecided undecided
Hahaha grin

Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by islandmoon: 8:24pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
Fvck off.!!! The OP is not complaining... She loves it as a matter of fact.. undecided

the man/woman is correcting you, listen to advice, don't be arrogant !!
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by islandmoon: 8:51pm On Jan 06, 2019
7figuresalary:
Fvck off also.. undecided undecided

guy don't go there!! you are just too arrogant !!! anyway I dont have business with a Onitsha goat seller like you, stay clear!

1 Like

Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jan 06, 2019
islandmoon:

guy don't go there!! you are just too arrogant !!! anyway I dont have business with a Onitsha goat seller like you, stay clear!
"stay clear"?? Olodo..English u no sabi..now bring ur mum's pussy here for Audit.. undecided undecided
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by islandmoon: 9:31pm On Jan 06, 2019
useless boy dogging her mum

Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by ReneeNuttall(f): 10:50pm On Jan 06, 2019
vinegurl:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZ8Tn2nUB8

Tomato purée or tomato blend is a thick, red paste or concentrate made from blended tomato pulp that has been cooked. This puree is can be used for jollof rice, tomato sauce, tomato stew, egg sauce or for whatever recipe that calls for tomato puree.
I initially stated in my previous post on this forum that vegetables generally contain a lot of water and one of such are tomatoes, if they are blended fresh, you will have to add water to the blender to assist the spinning process otherwise your blender will hook even though some blenders are like super engines and may not require you adding water.

Now, the water you have added to blend this plus the water in the tomatoes will become even too much and you will need to burn a lot gas and time to cook until the water dries up before the frying begins.

When you boil your tomatoes and bell peppers first, it helps to reduce the large quantity of water from the tomatoes and in this case, you don't need to boil it again for hours before making your stew. The time it takes for the tomatoes to shrink and loss moisture is just 5- 10 minutes depending on your source of heat which is the quicker to make your stew. Apart from boiling your tomatoes and peppers, you can as well roast them in the oven to get rid of excess water. This would be a post for another day. Below are steps I took to achieve the above reddish tomato puree (tomato mix). See the video above also. Happy cooking.

Ingredients for tomato puree

• 1kg of red tomatoes
• 5 red bell peppers (tatashe)
• 2 medium onions
• 3 scotch bonnets (ata rodo)
• 1 medium ginger
• 3 cloves of garlic
• Blender
• And a pot

How to Make Tomato Puree or Tomato Blend

1. To make tomato purée or tomato blend rinse tomato with the peppers severally in clean water.
2. Combine tomato peppers, ginger, garlic and onions into a medium pot, without adding water place a lid over it and place on heat.
3. Cook these for 5 minutes, the tomatoes will begin to lose a lot of water and turn out very soft.
4. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes once they are completely soft, drain out the liquid with a colander and leave to cool.
5. Transfer the tomato, onion, ginger, garlic into a blender and blend without water being added until very smooth and nice.
6. Pour the tomato puree into a zip-lock bag and store in the fridge until needed or use it immediately for your favorite stew recipe such as
jollof rice.

Thanks a lot,this will really go a long way to ease my job and save gas too especially when school resumes.
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by Burchester: 12:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Will try
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by naijajobx: 1:07am On Jan 07, 2019
smiley
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by princfred(m): 5:36am On Jan 07, 2019
islandmoon:
the idiot no get data, borrowing 20 MB upandan. good nite good people.
Na wa. How did all that stuff come up in a thread like this?
Re: Tomato Puree Recipe: How To Make Tomato/pepper Puree Without Using Water by mansoura(f): 9:13am On Jan 07, 2019
Thanks a lot

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Saw These Leaves In A Village, They Said It Give Blood, Pls What's It's Name? / How Much Is A Plate Of Food In Your Area Now? / Sawachop,shawachop,shawashop: Pls Whats D Real,english Name?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.