Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,516 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:58 PM

Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide (23485 Views)

Why Prices Of Bread Are High – Bakers / I'm Addicted To Eating Biscuits! / Which Of These Biscuits Made Your Day Way Back? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by jarawa: 6:47am On May 27, 2021
The Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of Nigeria (AMBCN), has directed its members nationwide to increase the prices of bread, biscuits and other baked items by 30 percent over the rising cost of production.

The directive was part of the resolution reached at the end of the National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of the association held in Abuja recently.

The AMBCN resolution was read by its national president, Mansur Umar, explaining that the adjustment of price was as a result of the sudden increase in the cost of production as well as prices of sugar, butter, yeast and flour. While commending the federal government for resuscitating the cassava flour programme, the association bemoaned the skyrocketing price of regular flour in the last six months with one truck of flour which cost less than N6 million is now N9m.

“After considering the impact of the skyrocketed prices of baking ingredients/materials for the survival of our noble business, which is presently bleeding, the association came to the conclusion to adjust our prices by 30 percent,” he said.

The association also resolved to ask the federal government to reverse the tariff regime imposed by the National Agency for Food and Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC) and to streamline bakers’ regulation by NAFDAC only.

Also speaking, the national secretary, Jude Okafor, was hopeful that the federal government will meet their demands to avert the increase.
https://dailytrust.com/bakers-hike-bread-biscuits-prices-by-30-nationwide

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Bahrain: 6:49am On May 27, 2021
As expected.
Since we now buy flour #15,300 compared to #13,800 last December and 13,000 mid last year.
Sugar is now #19,500 per bag.

But then bakery is still one the most lucrative business out there.
Because no matter what, you are certain of profits.
It may not be huge at the beginnings. But believe me if you are patient enough to withstand the first six months you will make it in the business.

All those big bread brands didn't just became household names overnight.
If you have enquiries about bakery and bread you can reach 08 0 6803 74I 6

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by bayelsaowei(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2021
Na wa oo..the question is why has flour become more expensive? Why?

Cost of power to run plants?

11 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Feemmy(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2021
We are in it

9 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Aflix(m): 6:49am On May 27, 2021
post=102101617:
Our Holy Bible tells us that....
At least you did not avoid this post like you normally do.
Wahalaangry angry. Things getting harder for the common man daily.

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:49am On May 27, 2021
As we go out looking for what to eat, may we never encounter what will eat us.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by jimi4us: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Jesus took the bread and gave all his disciples and say, take this and eat.

But buhari and APC want to seize the bread from us.

How wicked can a lifeless man be

It's now clear that All APC members must go to hell fire

163 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by temitope27(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2021
How much we dey come dey buy bread for akure nw

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Belial06: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Nigeria is getting worse

15 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Zontage: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Hp Elitebook 6930p
4gb/250gb HDD

Web cam,
Bluetooth,
wifi,
Fingerprint Scanner,
2hrs+ battery,
charger
Intel
DVD
2.80GHZ

60K - NEGOTIABLE

Call/whatsap +234 904 146 8299

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Nobody: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Waiting for CONDOM MAKERS to increase theirs
Waiting for CASKET MAKERS to increase theirs

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by MadeINchenzen2: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Man must not live by bread and biscuits alone

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by BOOZELEE: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Hahaha

This one na just introoo,,wetin go come happen if dem increase fuel price?

Bread will be 900
Plastic drink will be 300
Bottle water will be 200
Sharwarma will be 1500 with no sausage
Beer from 600 above
Bag of rice 50k

For wedding invitation dem go warn guest make dem chop for house before dem come.

Buhari should resign honorably.This is the worse time for him to be president or else I foresee his BMC staging a violent protest. cheesy

50 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Nobody: 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Wey thing we go con dey chop like this
Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by gambia(m): 6:50am On May 27, 2021
Nigerians should brace up for hard times lie ahead, by the time Buhari and his deluded team members are done with Nigerians, even their gullible followers will prefer to stay in Somalia.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Okortor: 6:51am On May 27, 2021
Just imagine? And d govt expect crime rate to reduce? They expect Young guys not to venture into Yahoo? They expect Young girl's not to venture into prostitution? They expect low income earners not to be involved in fraud?
We are human beings and can easily go astray when we have no other option.
I tell my fam n friends that "don't Judge people Because when life hits you hard, you may become everything you ever criticized".
MAY GOD KEEP US STRONG TO BE ON THE RIGHT PATH OF INTEGRITY AND HONESTY.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Bahrain: 6:51am On May 27, 2021
Bakery is still one the most lucrative business out there.
Because no matter what, you are certain of profits.
However it may not be huge at the beginnings. But believe me if you are patient enough to withstand the first six months you will make it in the business.

All those big bread brands didn't just became household names overnight.
08 068 0374 1 6 if you have enquiries about Bakery and Bread Production
Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by bpalace(m): 6:51am On May 27, 2021
Buhari met a loaf of bread at 150 to 250 max
Now it's 300 to 600...
Whoever that brought in this government will continue to experience pain

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by MrAligator: 6:51am On May 27, 2021
Buhari has finished Nigeria

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Whois(m): 6:52am On May 27, 2021
By the time babu is done with us shocked

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by zxxtx: 6:52am On May 27, 2021
God help us

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by faithfull18(f): 6:52am On May 27, 2021
Hmmn!

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by SleekyPosh(m): 6:52am On May 27, 2021
The Elastic Limit is Just By The Corner.

This Country Will Go Up in Flames in a Short While.

Nigerians have been pushed into and beyond the wall and the writings on the wall is so glaring.

I feel so Bad especially for this innocent Kids born into this living Hell called Nigeria. It breaks my heart when I see families groaning to eat even one square meal even as everything gets worse day by day. Basic The Rich too feel the Heat but keep mum, after all Naija runs on the all Man for himself system.

Since I realised what this country is all about and where its definitely headed 9 years ago, I solidly made my personal decisions on mistakes I'd never make in order not to further regret why my coming to this world as an African, Especially a Nigerian has been the only Problem I wake up to ponder over everyday.

In Fela's Voice.....Sorry Sorry O.

Whoever makes it out of here to a saner and liveable clime should be Grateful Forever.

O ma she o

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by alienspy101: 6:52am On May 27, 2021
change!! grin grin grin APC zombies will soon arrive to justify the purpose the receive 25k stipends by supporting their pay masters.

3 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by DaddyRochie1642: 6:52am On May 27, 2021
As long as the Bread is still soft and fresh,
It will not stop me from having Hot Akara with Soft fresh bread for Breakfast grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Koryc: 6:53am On May 27, 2021
More frustration for the masses.

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Whois(m): 6:54am On May 27, 2021
post=102101617:

Let it be affordable

4 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by katlynf73: 6:54am On May 27, 2021
shocked
Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by ikorodureporta: 6:54am On May 27, 2021
Na to go learn their business shocked

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by Sabadon(m): 6:55am On May 27, 2021
Na them know, after all it is written......"man shall not live by bread alone"

1 Like

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by rottable(m): 6:55am On May 27, 2021
What sort of country is this, food is about to become a luxury

17 Likes

Re: Bakers Hike Bread, Biscuits Prices By 30% Nationwide by 24kmagic: 6:55am On May 27, 2021
Here in Abuja, they didn't hike the price.

What they did was to reduce the quantity.

N100 bread now is like N70 bread and N50 bread is like N30

The sector that is likely to create millions of jobs in Nigeria (Agric sector) is somehow the most abandoned sector.

We go de alright last last

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help On How To Toast Bread / She Cooks Well Right? Pop The Question! Beautiful Pics Wedding/proposal Rings / Yoruba Name For Alfalfa Leaves.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.