Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors (16897 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / Save South East From Collapse, Okonjo-Iweala Tells Governors / Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by frayoski(m): 10:27am On Oct 31, 2018
sani is on point, i need dis minimum wage to improve my living standard.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by crestrader(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:
I hate when people talk without knowing facts

States make say 5 billion per month and at 18k has a wage bill of 3.5 billion a month

So less than 2% of the population is meant to take 80% or more of our income?

Let Labour give us the mathematics to back their demand... Let's see how many percentage of our income they want

Before u accuse me the total money allocated to the national assembly can't pay workers salaries for a month...

The money allocated to the executive can't pay salaries for a month also

This I have with fact

National assembly budget is 150bn ..wage bill is 166bn

There you have it.. And that's 166bn when u have 18k minimum wage.. So at 30k it would be over 300k

And 3.6 trillion naira a year to pay a group of federal civil servants In a year. .when most of them are un serious

But you didn't calculate security votes for the President and Governors

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by karimcarim(m): 10:28am On Oct 31, 2018
Speechless for now : My PVC will speak at the appropriate time. ( 2019 on my mind)

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32am On Oct 31, 2018
If you decide to throw stones at every dogs that bark at you on the road, you will never get to where you are going.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by tfelicityk(m): 10:35am On Oct 31, 2018
What effort has the lawmakers made? Shehu Sani is only seeking attention... In the past three years as lawmaker, what did he do? He should go and sleep jare

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 10:36am On Oct 31, 2018
crestrader:

But you didn't calculate security votes for the President and Governors
How much is that? ....we are talking about trillions u are talking about few billions smh
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by AtikuDeman: 10:37am On Oct 31, 2018
Shehu sani already Atikulating with full momentum

............85% remaining
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by gabbasin: 10:39am On Oct 31, 2018
if Sani can advocate for the scrapping of the Senate and the money saved therein to augment the payments of the new minimum wage, I will believe his altruism

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 31, 2018
Shehu Sani..Very Useless Man.A P C Teach Am Correct Sense..
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 31, 2018
That should pay what they can’t afford?
This Shehu Sani guy is an asshole
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by sukar886: 10:52am On Oct 31, 2018
any governor that cannot pay 30k should step down...
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by richeeyo(m): 10:57am On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

States make say 5 billion per month and at 18k has a wage bill of 3.5 billion a month

Let Labour give us the mathematics to back their demand... Let's see how many percentage of our income they want

Before u accuse me the total money allocated to the national assembly can't pay workers salaries for a month...

This I have with fact

There you have it.. And that's 166bn when u have 18k minimum wage.. So at 30k it would be over 300k

And 3.6 trillion naira a year to pay a group of federal civil servants In a year. .when most of them are un serious
Shot up
Because say them no employ you
No come they pour sand for our Garri wa sugar go soon enter
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by dadebayo1(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2018
The governors not willing to pay should just retire jare.... It is nobodies property..
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by chosky2589(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2018
Sani don regain his sensitivity after APC decapitate him
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Shollay20(m): 11:07am On Oct 31, 2018
22500k is to small to manage for a month...

Semo vita
Bag of Rice
Bag of Beans
One Gallon of five litre of red oil
And so much more.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by vioment: 11:13am On Oct 31, 2018
They need to pay the workers. It seems the fg pays the governors but the governors turn around and not pay anybody but themselves, the traditional rulers, and borrow more money for projects. Not smart if you ask me.

I just want to say in the same vein we are asking the governors to pay their workers, we also need the fg to bring affordable electricity to Nigeria.
It still remains a fact that a nigerian below 40 years old have never experienced 3 months of constant electricity. Shameful experience.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by goshen26: 12:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
karimcarim:
Speechless for now : My PVC will speak at the appropriate time. ( 2019 on my mind)

U trust ur PVC well oooo. Even if u r allowed to vote five times for d same candidate of ur choice, do u think it will av effect?
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Ategberoson(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2018
Wahala90:

Yoruba are not fools but our votes is for Buhari. you can continue Atikulating. no going back on Buhari project in southwest
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by connkg(m): 12:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

This I have with fact

I just had to quote you.
There is a real need for salary restructuring to enable minimum wage to be increased.
The sitting allowance of Senators is in millions, so is their total pension. Do not add their wardrobe allowance just yet. I will skip cars and housing bought for by taxpayers. These days many States have even passed laws for an increase in spending for ex government officials (to include a home, one or two cars, gardening and housekeeping staff). Just for the Legislature.
The Executive (State and Federal) is another matter entirely. Add contracts and non-reporting/ non-remitting of accruable funds.
Local Governments too are not investing in revenue GENERATION. Every facet of the government is seeking more taxes, chasing those not in the tax bracket, etc. MOBILISING revenue. How many own fish ponds or operate anything? They instead focus on "empowering" more young men and women with various uniforms to collect a percentage from those who really INVEST.
The minimum wage of N30,000 should be paid.
It is a shame that some States that collected second helpings of the Federal Government largesse for the very purpose of salary payment still did NOT make payment.
It would appear that there will ALWAYS be a reason not to increase the minimum wage.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Felixv: 12:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
Oga Sani you too refund some of the 20m naira you are collecting each month
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by patrickcollins: 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

This I have with fact

I no believe ur statistics, u fail to capture where they get the money they throw around with and the one shared amongst themselves
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:11pm On Oct 31, 2018
Nigerian workers deserve the best. Meanwhile for those on active subscription on dstv access or family package should check my last thread to get compact sports.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by eaglez(m): 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2018
Wahala90:
I love this post but it quite unfortunate, will they listen
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by flames01: 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Failed senator. Nobody takes Shehu Sani serious again

If you don't take him seriously, you won't comment here.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2018
connkg:

I just had to quote you.
There is a real need for salary restructuring to enable minimum wage to be increased.
The sitting allowance of Senators is in millions, so is their total pension. Do not add their wardrobe allowance just yet. I will skip cars and housing bought for by taxpayers. These days many States have even passed laws for an increase in spending for ex government officials (to include a home, one or two cars, gardening and housekeeping staff). Just for the Legislature.
The Executive (State and Federal) is another matter entirely. Add contracts and non-reporting/ non-remitting of accruable funds.
Local Governments too are not investing in revenue GENERATION. Every facet of the government is seeking more taxes, chasing those not in the tax bracket, etc. MOBILISING revenue. How many own fish ponds or operate anything? They instead focus on "empowering" more young men and women with various uniforms to collect a percentage from those who really INVEST.
The minimum wage of N30,000 should be paid.
It is a shame that some States that collected second helpings of the Federal Government largesse for the very purpose of salary payment still did NOT make payment.
It would appear that there will ALWAYS be a reason not to increase the minimum wage.
The total money allocated to the national assembly is 150bn.... That's all there is... Everything u talked about is there ...even the national assembly staffs salaries is all included

See even if a national assembly member takes 50 million every month which is not true... There one year's salaries still can't pay.. One month salaries of the federal government if minimum wage is 30k
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Spidermon: 1:33pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

This I have with fact

ok.
but what is the percentage of our population in the Nat. Assembly taking 150bn??

If govt is sincere, let them lay redundant civil servants off with immediate compensations and pay reasonably.

we all know what is right.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Cool4face(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

The total money allocated to the national assembly is 150bn.... That's all there is... Everything u talked about is there ...even the national assembly staffs salaries is all included

See even if a national assembly member takes 50 million every month which is not true... There one year's salaries still can't pay.. One month salaries of the federal government if minimum wage is 30k

The solution is as simple as A B C. Let all d public servants (political office holders) be paid with minimum wage........ End of discussion
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Austinoiz(m): 2:37pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

This I have with fact

Your statistics is at best a hallucination of a sinking fellow. Who asked for your cheeky stat, Mr. Lifeless' clown?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola On Live On AIT Now / Two Male And Two Female Suicide Bombers Kill 12 In Borno / PDP Primary In Kwara Stopped As Delegates Claim Ballots Have A Candidate's Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.