Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors (16913 Views)

Only 11 States Can Generate Enough Money To Pay Workers In 2024 / Save South East From Collapse, Okonjo-Iweala Tells Governors / Give Us Free Hand To Wipe Out Terrorists, Army Tells Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
Cool4face:

The solution is as simple as A B C. Let all d public servants (political office holders) be paid with minimum wage........ End of discussion
Where has that happened before?
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 3:00pm On Oct 31, 2018
Spidermon:

ok.
but what is the percentage of our population in the Nat. Assembly taking 150bn??

If govt is sincere, let them lay redundant civil servants off with immediate compensations and pay reasonably.

we all know what is right.
Labour and people like u would cry to high heavens
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by martphreak(m): 4:31pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:
I hate when people talk without knowing facts

States make say 5 billion per month and at 18k has a wage bill of 3.5 billion a month

So less than 2% of the population is meant to take 80% or more of our income?

Let Labour give us the mathematics to back their demand... Let's see how many percentage of our income they want

Before u accuse me the total money allocated to the national assembly can't pay workers salaries for a month...

The money allocated to the executive can't pay salaries for a month also

This I have with fact

National assembly budget is 150bn ..wage bill is 166bn

There you have it.. And that's 166bn when u have 18k minimum wage.. So at 30k it would be over 300k

And 3.6 trillion naira a year to pay a group of federal civil servants In a year. .when most of them are un serious

You are useless as your comment ..how effective are the legislative arm of the government? even your so called useless President how effective is he... when it comes to the Majority of the workforce of the Nigerian Population u r talking of them not been serious.... Go wise up bro

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by fof1: 5:23pm On Oct 31, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Failed senator. Nobody takes Shehu Sani serious again

NEITHER ARE U AND UR MASTERS SERIOUS BUT DELUDED ROBBERS CLAIMING TO BE FIGHTING CORRUPTION IN DECEITFUL STEPS. WHAT IS D DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 22500 & 30000? FUNDING ADJUSTMENT IS WHAT D LOOTING GOVERNORS NEED. INSTEAD OF U TO SUPPORT A GENUINE FIGHT. U ARE TALKING TRASH......
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Spidermon: 6:22pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

Labour and people like u would cry to high heavens

Stay on point abeg
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by Glink2018(m): 6:42pm On Oct 31, 2018
mrvitalis:

States make say 5 billion per month and at 18k has a wage bill of 3.5 billion a month

Let Labour give us the mathematics to back their demand... Let's see how many percentage of our income they want

Before u accuse me the total money allocated to the national assembly can't pay workers salaries for a month...

This I have with fact

There you have it.. And that's 166bn when u have 18k minimum wage.. So at 30k it would be over 300k

And 3.6 trillion naira a year to pay a group of federal civil servants In a year. .when most of them are un serious

Your analysis is as stupid as the writer....
Posting this kind of craps called 'comments' on a social media platform demeaning both the writer and the school that trained you

Infact, let it known bases on your comments that there's a reaction to the nonsense' you put together for people to read. Abba!
It takes person of low IQ to type this kind of things.

Helping the govt to rationalize that they can't pay 30k minimum wages.

Abeg Waka jare!

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by connkg(m): 1:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
mrvitalis:

The total money allocated to the national assembly is 150bn.... That's all there is... Everything u talked about is there ...even the national assembly staffs salaries is all included

See even if a national assembly member takes 50 million every month which is not true... There one year's salaries still can't pay.. One month salaries of the federal government if minimum wage is 30k

No, bro. Review downwards till ¬N830,000 (total) for Senators + legislators and Executive and the Federal Government WILL be able to pay N30,000 as minimum (scaling up those in-between, too). The phrase "political will" was used against the last administration. Much remains to be seen.
The idea that crude oil prices must increase isn't correct.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 1:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
connkg:

No, bro. Review downwards till ¬N830,000 (total) for Senators + legislators and Executive and the Federal Government WILL be able to pay N30,000 as minimum (scaling up those in-between, too). The phrase "political will" was used against the last administration. Much remains to be seen.
The idea that crude oil prices must increase isn't correct.
U don't even understand... As inflated as the national assembly salaries is the total money they spend now is 150bn per year
Salaries for federal workers alone is 166bn for a month
If u make it 30k minimum wage it would reach over 300bn

So even if the national assembly work for free... There money can't even pay workers for half month

Hope u get my point now
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by connkg(m): 10:34am On Nov 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

U don't even understand... As inflated as the national assembly salaries is the total money they spend now is 150bn per year
Salaries for federal workers alone is 166bn for a month
If u make it 30k minimum wage it would reach over 300bn

So even if the national assembly work for free... There money can't even pay workers for half month

Hope u get my point now

We don't agree.
The proposed increase from N18,000 to N22,500 will not float down from the sky.
Increase can go up to N30,000 IF National Assy salaries are included properly into the civil service scale. Executive also.
The Judiciary scale is a lot closer to the civil service.
Within a cadre of that "Federal workers" you typed up there, there should be redistribution.
Within that "National Assembly" you typed up there, there should be redistribution.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 11:28am On Nov 02, 2018
connkg:

We don't agree.
The proposed increase from N18,000 to N22,500 will not float down from the sky.
Increase can go up to N30,000 IF National Assy salaries are included properly into the civil service scale. Executive also.
The Judiciary scale is a lot closer to the civil service.
Within a cadre of that "Federal workers" you typed up there, there should be redistribution.
Within that "National Assembly" you typed up there, there should be redistribution.
I'm telling you even if the national assembly work for free the money that would free up won't he able to pay workers half salary for a month

Or how else should I explain it to u
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by connkg(m): 12:32pm On Nov 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

I'm telling you even if the national assembly work for free the money that would free up won't he able to pay workers half salary for a month

Hahaha.
OK. I understand you.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by pryme(m): 12:43pm On Nov 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

So how come labor believe that 30k minimum wage is attainable, surely they did not do guess work. Or do you think they got their facts and figures wrong?
Cause these people don't look like don't know what they are talking about.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 12:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
pryme:

So how come labor believe that 30k minimum wage is attainable, surely they did not do guess work. Or do you think they got their facts and figures wrong?
Cause these people don't look like don't know what they are talking about.

We can pay 30k minimum wage yes.. But that would mean using 90% of what we make as a country to pay workers

Are you OK with that?
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by connkg(m): 1:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
To increase based on the present salary scale might not be possible without borrowing (since crude oil prices aren't rising).
N30,000 with present scale is also faulty. The gap between structured and unstructured pay can yield a hefty sum!
The ideal will be to keep total wage budget, but re-work salary scale and structure.
More than a few civil servants are "favoured" out-of-scale.
An orange can be shared to six or sixty parts. Same orange.
I believe that N30,000 is DESERVED, so the result should be worked TO the question.
The question is, what salary scale gives us N30,000 minimum? Then, will the hefty differential sum be enough?
My opinion on the second question is "yes".
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by pryme(m): 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2018
mrvitalis:

We can pay 30k minimum wage yes.. But that would mean using 90% of what we make as a country to pay workers

Are you OK with that?

No its not ideal, but at the same time how are you sure that will mean 90% of what we make?

I believe it boils down to political will and utilization of our resources.
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by mrvitalis(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2018
pryme:

No its not ideal, but at the same time how are you sure that will mean 90% of what we make?

I believe it boils down to political will and utilization of our resources.

We can pay 100k minimum wage as a country

We have a GDP of over 400 billion dollars with a good taxing system we cab generate up-to 150 billion dollars

Federal government would get over 75 billion dollars which should translate to over 25 trillion naira we can use 7.5 trillion for salaries and use over 15 trillions for infastructure

I have a blue print to how we can achieve this

It's very simple but government is scared of taxing because they know the implications if they don't work
Re: Minimum Wage: Pay Workers Their Demand, Shehu Sani Tells Governors by justfash50: 7:36pm On Nov 04, 2018
mrvitalis:

This I have with fact

You are very quick to throw jabs without engaging your thought process critically .

Do you know how much these politicians earn from the National cake?

Do you know how much they earn as security vote?

Do you know why we continue to budget for constituency project year in year out that never see the light of the day.

Do you know they earn the highest pay cheques in the world?

Do you know that Nigerian work force earn the least in the world, even in Africa?

Do you know their pay cheques is immune to inflation.............only the poor workers pay attracts inflation?

Argue with your thought process............

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IMF Insists On Fuel Subsidy Removal / South-East APC Demands Senate Presidency, SGF From Tinubu / Amaechi Inaugurates Governing Board Of NIMASA & NPA(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.