Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,027 members, 7,821,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! (7484 Views)

Police And Lastma Official Killed Tanker Driver / Video: LASTMA Officials Go Physical With Driver In Lagos, As Man Screams ...... / Banker Kills LASTMA Official In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Alveez(m): 9:32pm On Jul 19, 2010
Soldiers Batter 3 LASTMA Officials

print
Author: Date: Jul 16th, 2010. | Category: News, Today's Headlines. | Follow comments: RSS 2.0. | You can leave a response below. |

Four soldiers and two naval officers have beaten three officers of the Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA into unconsciousness at Mile 2 area of Lagos State, Nigeria.

•One of the LASTMA officials battered by soldiers.

The LASTMA officers-Gbenga Ajayi-Bembe, Akeem Bisiriyu and Abiodun Kayode were battered by the military men while trying to tow a broken down trailer obstructing traffic at Mile 2.

They were immediately rushed to the Gbagada General Hospital for treatment where they were revived after remaining in a state of unconsciousness for sometime.

P.M. NEWS gathered that trouble started when the Head, Zone 5, LASTMA had asked Kayode, the LASTMA towing vehicle driver to go and tow a trailer, which broke down at Mile 2 ‘Oke.’

The owner of the trailer was said to have called in the soldiers and naval officers who came and gave Kayode the beating of his life.

The soldiers successfully removed the trailer that had already been carried by the towing van and drove off while Kayode contacted his boss to come to his rescue, and then chased after the fleeing trailer being driven by the soldiers.

Getting to First Gate, Mile 2, Kayode used his towing vehicle to block the trailer while the soldiers came down and descended on him and beat him mercilessly until he collapsed into a state of unconsciousness, while two other officers came to rescue him.

The other two officers-Ajayi- Bembe and Bisiriyu who came to rescue their colleagues were also thoroughly beaten until they also became unconscious while the soldiers and the naval officers took the trailer away.

Speaking with P.M. NEWS, Kayode narrated the story, saying that “my boss told me to go and tow a trailer which broke down at Mile 2 Oke.  I had already jacked the trailer into the towing van when the owner went to call two soldiers and they beat me up and removed the trailer from the van.

“I called my boss to come to my rescue and I pursued the trailer to first gate and blocked it.  More soldiers and naval officers came and they beat me until I fainted.

“They beat my two other colleagues into unconsciousness and they smashed the windscreen of the towing van.   I was soaked in blood before I passed out.   The area boys in the area also started throwing stones at us.”

The three LASTMA officers also sustained severe injuries.

As at the time of filing this report, Bisiriyu was still seriously in bad condition in the hospital as he could not talk.

—Kazeem Ugbodaga

Read more: Soldiers Batter 3 LASTMA Officials | Nigerian News – P.M. News Nigeriahttp://pmnewsnigeri a.com/2010/ 07/16/soldiers- batter-3- lastma-officials /#ixzz0tvR6oahg

Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Dyt(f): 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2010
so?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by globaljobs(m): 9:46am On Jul 20, 2010
Traffic laws are meant to be obeyed by officers and civilians alike not civilains alone.

Why beat up lastman officials?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Ben13: 10:26am On Jul 20, 2010
Yeah. . .
moved~
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Okags: 10:38am On Jul 20, 2010
This is bad no body is above the law why beating a lastma official
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by tkb417(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2010
ok

no sympathy for them cos im still gonna beat them up myself
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by desgiezd(m): 11:56am On Jul 20, 2010
Its only in Nigeria that people who are living a strictly regimented life like soldiers and who are supposed to obey the law to the letter are those living a life of impunity. I wonder what concerns them with an issue between a truck owner and traffic offence.

It is this life of impunity that also makes them drive on BRT lanes without a care.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by otokx(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2010
It serves them right
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by redsun(m): 12:20pm On Jul 20, 2010
Soldier wey suppose defend citizens na dem dey burn burn so.

Na the burn burn na him dey sweet dem pass.

oyaoo bring petrolu burn burn.

Compliment of the sage,Fela
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2010
otokx:

It serves them right

ditto.

Thats payment for all the innocent civilians they've harrassed and gottenaway with.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by redsun(m): 12:33pm On Jul 20, 2010
Nigeria is a crazy country.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by desgiezd(m): 12:38pm On Jul 20, 2010
tkb417:

no sympathy for them cos im still gonna beat them up myself

otokx:

It serves them right

Okija_juju:

Thats payment for all the innocent civilians they've harrassed and gottenaway with.

Where lies your objectivity?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Okijajuju1(m): 12:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
desgiezd:

Where lies your objectivity?

Except you have never been harrassed by them or even beaten up by them then you wouldnt understand my reason for saying it serves them right.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by DoubleN(m): 12:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
Okija_juju:

Except you have never been harrassed by them or even beaten up by them then you wouldnt understand my reason for saying it serves them right.
Seconded. Those guys are worse than the Police in Lagos State.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Jarus(m): 12:48pm On Jul 20, 2010
The soldiers should have given them 'fereshe shi shi' though, not this 'maximum shishi'(beating to coma).

Those guys are too mean. They lord over road users as if they are god. No excuse, no explanation. Their excesses are just too much jare. Haba
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by MeGaStReEt: 12:49pm On Jul 20, 2010
i think there is more to this than what the Lastma officials are telling us, not that i am saying its good to treat other people badly tho, but it dont just add up.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Jarus(m): 12:51pm On Jul 20, 2010
Their excesses discussed on Nl far back 2008

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-107525.0.html
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by chealbaby: 12:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
and they r still alive? they should thank God cos i would have been celebrating by now, those guys are MEAN!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by zebra543: 12:54pm On Jul 20, 2010
'beat them mercilessly' gotta love nigerian journalism!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Redman44(m): 1:01pm On Jul 20, 2010
I know the soldiers have gotten away with this display of thuggery. It is just that this incident has been reported by the media. Soldiers beat up people all over the country daily and we do not get to hear about these happenings. It is sad that all our law enforcement and defence agencies do not respect themselves. Some years ago, soldiers burnt down a Police Station near Ojuelegba, Surulere, because one of their colleagues was locked up by the Police. Ordinary Man O'War guys will be showing their power in public and beating up conductors and bus drivers. Uniformed Personnel are supposed to be the most law abiding of citizens. This is because they represent the government as they move about the country. In Europe, it is very rare to find a soldier in Camouflage moving around. They are consigned to their barracks and only come out in their gear for Parades and celebrations.  In Nigeria, soldiers move around in their uniform and keep intimidating ordinary citizens. I hope a panel of inquiry is set up to investigate the assault on the LASTMA officials with the erring soldiers punished.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by DJA: 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2010
I quite sympathise with any of the LASTMA Official dts innocent,but d rest really deserve much more dan dat beating.Uneed 2 see wat LASTMA has turned demselves in2 in Lagos.They are Day-mares.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by sandee575(f): 1:02pm On Jul 20, 2010
They finally met their match.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Pappij: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2010
MeGaStReEt:

i think there is more to this than what the Lastma officials are telling us, not that i am saying its good to treat other people badly tho, but it dont just add up.

I agree with you totally, how can we jump to conclusions with a one-sided story besides the lastma official claims also that the area boys were throwing stones at 'them', them not the soldiers that are beating the daylights outta them. This story is false, if he was really beating to unconsciousness how can he relay the whole story without missing a line. Stupid, lying, heartless lastma officials, more beatings for them and their ilks.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by vinmol: 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2010
cheesy grin grin grin ;Dheheheheheheh!! hehehehehe!! i love this! them no beat them well
kai! them for beat more LASTMA o!! Soldiers abeg help us beat more LASTMA!

hehehehehehehehe!!!choi!
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Emperoh(m): 1:19pm On Jul 20, 2010
LASTMA hierarchy should come out and tell us why broken down vehicles are towed to LASTMA yards
instead of clearing them off the road to avoid traffic obstruction!!!

Are we supposed to be penalised for having a car breaking down on the road?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by titsqueez(m): 1:24pm On Jul 20, 2010
Those Lastma guys deserve an almighty beating for the way they terrorise motorists in lagos.
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by oisehumen(m): 1:25pm On Jul 20, 2010
Emperoh:

LASTMA hierarchy should come out and tell us why broken down vehicles are towed to LASTMA yards
instead of clearing them off the road to avoid traffic obstruction!!!

Are we supposed to be penalised for having a car breaking down on the road?

GBAM!

As if one deliberately breaks down his vehicle on highway angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Greycells(m): 1:27pm On Jul 20, 2010
Serves those LASTMA idiots well!

Ill trained rogues making life hell for car owners on Lagos roads.

When some LASTMA idiot beat a bus driver to death at Isolo nothing happened.

So, how did this shit made d front page of PM News?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by ayo84(m): 1:39pm On Jul 20, 2010
this army people seem to firget, the last time some navy people beat up a lay and a court told the navy to pay her 100 million in damages
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by phanthom(m): 1:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
What is happening in this country
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by sayso: 1:53pm On Jul 20, 2010
ayo84:

this army people seem to firget, the last time some navy people beat up a lay and a court told the navy to pay her 100 million in damages
have they paid her?
Re: Soldiers Batter 3 Lastma Officials! by Exponental(m): 1:56pm On Jul 20, 2010
i was once a LASTMA victim but I do not succumb to the injustice carried by those zoobies. it is unfair. they ways of handling issues.
Government should look into it. they dont only maltreat paramilitary but other civillians.
guys, LASTMA may take issues personal but u should know that issues like towing faulty vehicles on the roads need much attention cos lagos is highly populated, and despite these tows traffic is reduced but not avoidable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

He was begging they still cut his throat - Eiye vs KK cult war - PHOTOS / Grandmother Caught Having Sex With Her Grandson,what The Woman Said Will Shock U / If You Know This Guy Let's Gather Here. To Ask For Forgiveness Of Out Sins.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.