Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,465 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh (351 Views)

2023 Presidency! Dele Momodu Goes All Out To Convince Nigerians / Will Jawando Wears Agbada To Inauguration In USA (Video) / Dino Melaye Rocks Customized Agbada To Kogi Election Rally (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by Belluchii: 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari, Wednesday, charged All Progressives Congress, APC, Aspirants to sacrifice for their country, not as he equally urged them to be faithful and hold fast on integrity as they vie for different offices in the forthcoming 2019 general election. President Buhari “I urge you to stay faithful if your objective is to serve the country. I came back to power in this “agbada’’ to convince Nigerians to make sacrifices that the country needs now for a better future”, he said. Disclosing this via his official tweeter handle, Mr. Femi Adesina the special Adviser to Mr. President on Media and Publicity, quoted Buhari as saying “We must maintain our faith in the country”, noting that “those who mismanaged the resources of the country are still very much around, with incredible wealth”. Read his full statement below: STAY FAITHFUL TO YOUR COUNTRY, HOLD FAST ON INTEGRITY, PRESIDENT BUHARI URGES APC ASPIRANTS President Muhammadu Buhari Tuesday in Abuja urged political party aspirants who lost out in the primaries to remain faithful to the country and hold fast on integrity as there will be more opportunities to serve along the way. Rivers APC Crisis: Factions in conflict of interpretations as Supreme Court upholds High Court Order Speaking at a dinner with All Progressives Congress (APC) Aspirants Forum at the Presidential Villa, President Buhari said the primary motivation to contest elections should be to improve the country, and not for pecuniary reasons. “We must maintain our faith in the country,’’ he told the coalition of party members who contested the primaries. The President said he contested presidential elections three times before coming to power in 2015, adding that providence will always pave the way for the just, committed and patient politician who wants to truly serve the country. President Buhari told the aspirants that “those who mismanaged the resources of the country are still very much around, with incredible wealth’’, warning the aspirants to be vigilant and circumspect in making choices as the future will only be salvaged by those who love the country. “I spoke with the APC party chairman almost every other day, at least for an hour during the primaries. And sometimes, we met for two and half hours on ensuring internal democracy during the primaries,’’ the President said. Come clean on your secondary school certificate, PDP charges Buhari He pointed out that in spite of all efforts to appease everyone and give them a chance at the polls, some aspirants were still not treated fairly. “I urge you to stay faithful if your objective is to serve the country. I came back to power in this “agbada’’ to convince Nigerians to make sacrifices that the country needs now for a better future,’’ he added. In his remarks, the Minister of Justice and Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami, said the meeting was organised to address grievances and fallout from the APC primary elections across the country. The minister said it would be unfortunate to allow the grievances overshadow the challenges before the country, assuring the aspirants that the government would assuage their yearnings to serve the country. 2019: Group mobilises support for Buhari/Osinbajo in S’West Malami said the aspirants should work collectively with the President in building the party and setting up a framework that would ensure healthier relationships and better internal democracy. The leader of the APC Aspirants Forum, Hon. Yusuf Banki, said the network of 7,000 members will work to ensure President Buhari’s victory at the polls in 2019.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/i-came-back-to-power-with-agbada-to-convince-nigerians-to-make-sacrifices-buhari/
Re: I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by chinjo(m): 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2018
Fool. Keep fooling your old age.
Re: I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by WhyMoD: 7:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
Poor masses should make sacrifices while you and your family live large, Yusuf buys bike of 50m, charters private jets even though he has never worked in his life.
Your wife wear clothes of millions and handbags of the Bill Gates.

You didn't make sacrifices when you budget billions for feeding in aso rock, budgeted billions of naira for things as trivial as cutleries, barbing. The ASO clinic budget alone was worth more than the budget of the whole hospitals in Nigeria, yet no single syringe was ever bought. And you still go ahead to treat an ordinary ear infections in the UK.

You and ur cronies loot Nigeria and yet you're preaching sacrifices.

So whenever ever this man talks about things like this it annoys me to the bones. Cos it's goes to show how much of a pretender and liar that he is.

1 Like

Re: I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by amaniro: 7:25pm On Oct 31, 2018
You should have come back with a brain. As long as am concerned Agbada hasn't alleviate the poverty rateundecided

2 Likes

Re: I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by gdonj1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
Inconclusive government we have here. Phcn.......inconclusive Education...... Inconclusive Manifesto.......inconclusive By elections...... Inconclusive Bokoharam defeated....... Inconclusive Rescued chibok girls......... Inconclusive Dapchi girls rescue..........inconclusive Corruption probes........inconclusive ??........inconclusive
Re: I Came Back To Power With ‘agbada’ To Convince Nigerians To Make Sacrifices- Buh by gdonj1(m): 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2018
Inconclusive government we have here. Phcn.......inconclusive Education...... Inconclusive Manifesto.......inconclusive By elections...... Inconclusive Bokoharam defeated....... Inconclusive Rescued chibok girls......... Inconclusive Dapchi girls rescue..........inconclusive Corruption probes........inconclusive ??........inconclusive

(1) (Reply)

Drama As Police Officers Storm Church In Ogun, Arrest Suspect While He Was Prayi / Buhari Quietly Appoints Son-in-law As Head Of Border Agency / 2019: Next Plans To Justify National Workers Renumerations - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.