Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,260 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nursing Mother Drags Ex-husband To Court For Failing To Cater For Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nursing Mother Drags Ex-husband To Court For Failing To Cater For Children (376 Views)

‘my Wife Threatened To Kill Me For Failing To Satisfy Her In Bed’ / Why Do People Get Married Especially Men Knowing Fully Well They Can't Cater For / Man To Divorce His Wife In Ondo For Failing To Cook For Him. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nursing Mother Drags Ex-husband To Court For Failing To Cater For Children by PrettyGist: 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2018
A 31-year-old nursing mother, Maryam Adamu, on Wednesday dragged her former husband Nuhu Abubakar to a Sharia Court sitting at Magajin Gari, Kaduna over his alleged failure to cater for their five children.

The complainant who is a resident of Barnawa told the court that Abubakar had divorced her during fasting in May while pregnant and had not fulfilled his fatherly responsibilities ever since.

“He stopped caring for me and my children after the divorce. We are now being threatened to move out of the rented house I live with my children for failing to pay rent,” she lamented.

She prayed to the court to compel the defendant to be a responsible father also issue her with a divorce certificate.

The defendant, also residing at Barnawa, however, denied the claim of not catering for the children, adding that his former wife forced him to divorce her by threatening to see his end if he refuses.

The complainant also countered his submission, saying she had been taking care of the children education even before the divorce.

The judge, Musa Sa’ad-Goma, after listening to both parties ruled that Abubakar from now on would provide shelter, food, clothing and school fees of the five children.

“Divorcing your wife doesn’t mean you should forget your children, you still remain their father and you must take care of them”, the judge ruled.

News via Gistmore - http://gistmore.com/nursing-mother-drags-ex-husband-court-failing-cater-children

Lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Nursing Mother Drags Ex-husband To Court For Failing To Cater For Children by PrettyGist: 8:02pm On Oct 31, 2018
sad
Re: Nursing Mother Drags Ex-husband To Court For Failing To Cater For Children by NwaAmaikpe: 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2018
shocked

Any wife that drags her husband to a court irrespective of her grouse is not fit to be called a wife.
She is better off called a monster.

"The husband is the God of the home, he is never wrong and you must not reveal his flaws to the world.
Even if you are battered and bruised, cheated on and neglected; suffer, smile and endure."

That was my grandmom's HUS101 lecture.
To this day, my family has never suffered a broken marriage thanks to her.

It's sad most families don't have that kind of grandmom anymore.

4 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (Reply)

"Misty Mornin' / Nigerian Boy Who Asked For A Memory Card For Xmas, But Got Android Phone / Valentine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.