Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,910 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled (50900 Views)

Identities Of Soldiers Killed By ISWAP Terrorists In The Askira/Uba ambush / The Identities Of BDC Operators Arrested For "Transferring Funds To Boko Haram" / FG Proposes N24,000 Minimum Wage; States N20,000; NLC Wants N30,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Gentew(m): 12:57pm On Nov 01, 2018
post=72587224:
Our senators are the problems of this COUNTRY, especially the killer and rogue called Saraki that heads them.
This minimum wage issue is very doable, even as far back as the oil boom period in the last dispensation.
But will these corrupt, evil people allow the masses to enjoy the fruit of their labour?!

I pray Your deep hatred for saraki will not kill you. Was it Saraki that told the Governor not to implement it.
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by delkuf(m): 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2018
HillsBlaze:

Senators salary is 900k +. Now you can't tell me that the president receives only 2M monthly. Case in point would be their security vote for all executives... Do not be brain washed
don't mind him/her. she has use all her brain to roast bbq

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by FrankFrenzy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 01, 2018
Fianze93:
Abịa #42k...

Nice one Dr Ikpeazu... At least you got it right for the first time... But you are still the worst governor in SE... I don't consider Rochas a governor, he is a devil

Wow!! how you just made three salient points in one statement is amazing.
TIRI GBOSA FOR YOU jare

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by armadeo(m): 2:26pm On Nov 01, 2018
Prokaryote:
Abia I hail thee, immerging a Whole Delta state saying trash. So they must rely on Fg allocation before increasing wages.

Delta state. If you see as I shock here.

Meanwhile abia what's to pay 42k.

Okowa well done.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by EmirAbj: 2:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
It Is The Time We Should Be Crying For Nigeria And Mr Lifeless President
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Ahasco(m): 3:03pm On Nov 01, 2018
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Ahasco(m): 3:05pm On Nov 01, 2018
Racoon:
Nigeria still far from redemption. sad

Naaaaaa! We are close
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by LadyExcellency: 3:24pm On Nov 01, 2018
Prokaryote:
Abia I hail thee, immerging a Whole Delta state saying trash. So they must rely on Fg allocation before increasing wages.

You want the State to collect the money from petty traders to finance jumbo pay for white collar civil servant?

No problem, how much are your maids and gateman paid?
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Checked86: 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2018
musicwriter:

According to the report, only Enugu state is willing and capable to pay "anything" agreed upon. Up the government of Enugu state!!.
We no too dey argue. Enugu is love. Obi nwanne
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by aremu1965: 3:35pm On Nov 01, 2018
The Labour Congress should have stood their ground. We should not have a country of two citizens. Let Senators be placed on salaries of directors and House of Representativrs on Asst directors salaries and let us see how they will manage it. We should not have a set of salaries for some people and another for another set of people in this countrhy
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by zoomman(m): 4:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
Heftee001:

50k Not in this country bros
See Scamming.........

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by peteco: 5:19pm On Nov 01, 2018
Delta state is a disgrace. All the governor is thinking is on how to retrench worker's and the introduction of clock-in-clock-out
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Phenotech(m): 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Heftee001:
A country where prices of things are sky rocketing everyday. Even an employee on a minimum wage can't ever contemplate pursuing a university degree cos that may even lead to the end of his life. So why can't they pay #30000 naira for God's sake. I will be going for NYSC next year and I've been thinking of ways I can dodge it cos I can't be tied down with just meagre #19800 even risking my life in the far north. Some people are saying that prices of things will rise up, are they not even up already now?? Can a pauper decide to send his kids to a university successfully?? If they won't oblige by the #30000 minimum wage, then let the country boil, I'm in support
you talk my mind. I am also looking for a way to dodge the f*cking sh*t come next year.

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by BabaAduras: 5:21pm On Nov 01, 2018
Heftee001:
A country where prices of things are sky rocketing everyday. Even an employee on a minimum wage can't ever contemplate pursuing a university degree cos that may even lead to the end of his life. So why can't they pay #30000 naira for God's sake. I will be going for NYSC next year and I've been thinking of ways I can dodge it cos I can't be tied down with just meagre #19800 even risking my life in the far north. Some people are saying that prices of things will rise up, are they not even up already now?? Can a pauper decide to send his kids to a university successfully?? If they won't oblige by the #30000 minimum wage, then let the country boil, I'm in support
I am in the labour force, so do not term my submission as a support for the Employers.
I am not too keen on salary increase across board as the effect of these salary increases have always been short-lived as inflation and increase in the price of goods and service will also increase. Worse in Nigeria is these price increases have always been geometrical.
I was a kid when FG gave the ‘Udoji Allowance” to workers, Nigeria has not been the same since then ( I mean in terms of hyper inflation. Same has happened to all the major salary increase to date.
What we need to to cut the take-homes of political office holders and direct the savings from the cut to infrastructure development the will generate economic growth and jobs.
If there are more high end jobs, then take-homes will be adjusted by employers to attract the best. This will tricke down to adjustment of the low end salary earners. This is what happens in developed settings. They do not have salary increases across board all the time, yet they do have salary increases.
I am a seasoned Mech Engineer employed from Nigeria to work in the US. I just moved from a job to another that gave me a salary increase of about $150k pa. This is bc there are shortages of my type of experience due increase productivity and development.
I think this should be our target for salary increases not increase across board that will drive hyper inflation.

2 Likes

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by OShepherd: 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
BabaAduras:

I am in the labour force, so do not term my submission as a support for the Employers.
I am not too keen on salary increase across board as the effect of these salary increases have always been short-lived as inflation and increase in the price of goods and service will also increase. Worse in Nigeria is these price increases have always been geometrical.
I was a kid when FG gave the ‘Udoji Allowance” to workers, Nigeria has not been the same since then ( I mean in terms of hyper inflation. Same has happened to all the major salary increase to date.
What we need to to cut the take-homes of political office holders and direct the savings from the cut to infrastructure development the will generate economic growth and jobs.
If there are more high end jobs, then take-homes will be adjusted by employers to attract the best. This will tricke down to adjustment of the low end salary earners. This is what happens in developed settings. They do not have salary increases across board all the time, yet they do have salary increases.
I am a seasoned Mech Engineer employed from Nigeria to work in the US. I just moved from a job to another that gave me a salary increase of about $150k pa. This is bc there are shortages of my type of experience due increase productivity and development.
I think this should our target for salary increases not increase across board that will drive hyper inflation.
Godbless U sir! I have argued this times & times over again with this NLC guys in my office & anyone who cares to listen. They are simply getting it wrong. Infrastructures development & cutting of those "thieves" jumbo pay warrants a National lockdown & not salary increase else the NLC folks would end up being bought over. Trust Nigerians; so called "leaders" are "Opportunists"

1 Like

Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Indomie001: 9:29pm On Nov 01, 2018
enemyofprogress:
I ate this country
then take water abeg , you can't eat the whole country without water na grin
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Blissyblazer(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2018
Georgry:

Bro, in as much as those senators takes way more than what they deserve home as salaries, call for the legislative arm of the government to be scrapped is so pathetic. it will give too much of power to the executive arm which will lead to anarchy which will be very bad for any country.
moreover The Government is a system and a system is a group f interrelated and independent part.

I prefer the legislative arms to be on part-time basis. Since most of them have one particular job or d other. The salaries should be "pay as u work". Let them go back to their businesses. They have little to offer the country, if anything at all.
We are tired of all these " POLI-TRICIANS" that have fed fat on the country still pretending to do the nation good, while in actual fat, they ve turned the senate & house of representative to both sleeping, relaxation & retirement centres.
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Minimum Wage: Identities Of Anti-N30,000 States Unveiled by Blissyblazer(m): 8:09am On Nov 02, 2018
Georgry:

Bro, in as much as those senators takes way more than what they deserve home as salaries, call for the legislative arm of the government to be scrapped is so pathetic. it will give too much of power to the executive arm which will lead to anarchy which will be very bad for any country.
moreover The Government is a system and a system is a group f interrelated and independent part.

I prefer the legislative arms to be on part-time basis. Since most of them have one particular job or d other. The salaries should be "pay as u work". Let them go back to their businesses & get paid whenever they converge to meet and discuss naija matters. They have little to offer the country, if anything at all, except to enrich themselves & their cronies at the expense of tax payers money.
We are tired of all these " POLI-TRICIANS" that have fed fat on the country still pretending to do the nation any good, while in actual fat, they ve turned the senate & house of representative to both sleeping, relaxation & retirement centres.
God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Fearon Blasts Oyedepo Over ‘Mad’ Comment On APC Voters / Buhari Wins Kaduna With Over 900,000 Votes / IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.